PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Combat Tactics

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 11:12 AM
As far as I know, there isn't already a topic like this, so here it is!
I'm curious as to how everyone fights, I like the tactical discussions, plus in talking about different strategies, we can improve our skills! Coolie!

To start things off, I'll talk about my favorite tactics, Guerilla.
strike hard and fast, and back off before they retaliate. I find that a saber/handgun is best for my style, but I do tent to straight charge, but that's only because NOTHING HITS ME I'm offline, so I can get overpowered XD

I'll be switching tactics soon though, as my hunter level's at nine, once it caps at ten I'm goin' Ranger!

Aaomi
Nov 15, 2006, 11:15 AM
PA SPAM!!!

Since I solo/duo a lot I take the time to refill between blocks if needed. My Fist PA is almost 20 and I just got to level 12 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blu_Swade
Nov 15, 2006, 11:17 AM
I too play solo, so I try to keep my PP full, I tend to spam tornado dance, but I flee in terror when the enemy starts to hurt me XD

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2006, 11:20 AM
Being a ranger, I chose "Tag everything and kill nothing! HAH! I got EXP"
-.-

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 11:20 AM
Plan of attack? Well, I was thinking of hitting him.

Bast
Nov 15, 2006, 11:30 AM
Most solo/duo myself too. Trying to find a true playstyle for now. But usually PA SPAM, word up large groups and Guerilla, strike hard and GTFO! singled out mobs.

etlitch
Nov 15, 2006, 11:41 AM
Solo hunter usually means running in circles with a saber/dagger and sometimes PA if one somehow gets trapped.

Party then it's just tagging everything using a non-bullet yohmei handgun, you'l still end up with more xp since the guys who do get the kill exp (usually hunters) does'nt get to tag everything.

Wheatpenny
Nov 15, 2006, 12:27 PM
I prefer the Dragonball Z CCG motto. Hit hard,hit often..

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 12:28 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:27, Wheatpenny wrote:
Hit hard,hit often..

Well, cartoons aside I just love that motto.

Pure-chan
Nov 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
My strategy is far too magnificent to be listed!

...All I need is a rubber band, a paper towel tube, two units of Koltova Milk and... well, I can't go TOO far into detail. ...Suffice it to say that tri-world domination is right around the corner. *schemes* >.>

*sigh* ...actually, I have no strategy, that's how I roll. *votes* -_-

Wheatpenny
Nov 15, 2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah its awesome isn't it.You can't die if they are dead first.Offense always wins!

Magician
Nov 15, 2006, 12:57 PM
As I'm currently a support force, tag everything and kill nothing.

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 12:58 PM
Not many options to choose from, I use all kinds of Techs and heal. I tag if I know I cannot defeat them.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 01:00 PM
On 2006-11-15 09:57, Magician wrote:
I'm currently a support force

*puts hands together like Mr Burns* Excellent. It is proceeding as I have forseen...

SpishackCola
Nov 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
Guerilla style baby! "How'd you like that PA huh?! Oh shi-! He's coming back with friends...RUNNN!"

JaiBlue
Nov 15, 2006, 01:35 PM
Kotova: Break yoself fool!
Me: Oh snap! aye, aye, aye man we-we we can talk this b, we can come to a agreement, see what I'm sayin?

Kotova: Yea I gue--
Me: *pulls out a rod* Yeahh now what fool!

To be continued.

Xizore
Nov 15, 2006, 01:58 PM
Sniper until the rascals get close, then switch to dual handguns and strafe around to finish the lot of them off. Often running through the group to cause collision and general slowing of the pack. Im you manage to get one of them alone, close to point blank range and unload into them.

Nietzsche
Nov 15, 2006, 02:08 PM
I Renkai Buyou-zan around like a Tazmanian Devil, i tag pretty much everything and kill very often, Two pairs of Twin Rippers and i use the hell out of them

Magician
Nov 15, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-11-15 10:00, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-15 09:57, Magician wrote:
I'm currently a support force

*puts hands together like Mr Burns* Excellent. It is proceeding as I have forseen...

Boo...urns, hehe. Since I'm a beast, I'd be a poor choice for fortecher anyway, to me support is the obvious choice. Besides, I like to get up in the mix every once in a while, wartechers HP and EVP plus Megistar and S rank twin daggers should allow me to do just that. I'm excited about the possibilites.

Sitka
Nov 15, 2006, 02:26 PM
Hard-wired for Time Attack from the old runs on DC, Xbox, GC and BB.

Currently running one pure ranger and two pure hunters and the goal is to kill everything as fast as possible and then race to the next area. It's tough when running solo, but oh so beautiful when with your mates.

I'll tag a bit if I'm with some folks I don't know, but if I can corner a critter, I'll unload on him until he drops.

Strafing is about the most fun I've had as a Ranger playing Phantasy Star and strafing with Dual Beatguns with level 20 freeze bullets is definitely fun.

Dhylec
Nov 15, 2006, 02:29 PM
I think mine is a little of all the above.

Ras
Nov 15, 2006, 05:13 PM
Grouping: dance in between all the mobs tagging them, pick one and nuke the crap out of it.
Soloing: exploit the terrain - stand in places the mobs can't hit you and rain down spells on them.

Po-Fu
Nov 15, 2006, 05:20 PM
No strategy for me. I usually change whenever the whim takes me. I'll spam PA's like a mo-fo. >_>; Or I can sit back and guard the forces. Since...You know. They tend to get ganged up on by those nasty mobs. So they need someone to knock the mobs away so they can move. It changes depending on the mission, my tactics. So...Yeah. @_@;

JohnBerserker
Nov 15, 2006, 05:26 PM
now that i got a SUV weapon. i use the weapons regular attacks(usually a melee weapon, so they can hit me) and wait until the SUV weapon charges up, then i kill everything in sight.

Randomness
Nov 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
Tech spam. Barta, Foie, Diga, and thier Ra-variants. If I see someone with a decent chunk of health gone I'll resta.

Mystil
Nov 15, 2006, 07:38 PM
With my spear in hand I'm a PAing machine. As soon as mobs spawn I carry out my usually strategy: Insta-dus daggas. With swords, I don't use full rising crush.. I use half way because of its knockdown effect.. great for Goushin and running "Distova" family..

Ryogen
Nov 15, 2006, 08:49 PM
No offense, but why did you make a poll about Combat Tactics? Don't know if this is a serious talk about it now...

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
I don't have a stratagy. I kill everything without a second thought and I use whatever gets the job done.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 12:10 AM
I love this vote curve!
http://www.freewebs.com/csca/vote%5Fcurve.JPG
BTW I capped hunter and switched to Ranger, but I got bored and decided to try Force, VERY FUN ^___^ however, I'm back to Hunter now 'cause Karen gave me a nifty PA disk for my daggers, plus I missed using my double saber, and the defense (I fought the Grina Beats and the big Magashi Mech as a Force, -_-''' I'm not doing that again...) I also started using single daggers.
Anyway, to the point...
My force strategy is to charge in and let loose with Megiverse or Gi-level Techs, I found Ra- and Dam- level more dificult to use (Especially Ra, seriously the range on those things is straight up weird...)
My char is a female newman and I had one of the better head units equipped (however, I've since sold it, and can't remember the name of it...) I was in the endrum collective mission with the grina beats killing almost everything in a single Gidiga blast, very fun, especially when I took out an entire room of about six of the missile bots in a single shot XD.
When I fought the grinnas I used a scapedoll for the first time in my life (I never used one in PSO, I'm awesome like that XD), seriously, that battle is no place for a newman force offline, my party was getting blasted worse than I was, and I'm the only one who got any kills XD.
Okay, I just realized I'm rambling, so I'll cut it short here. Yoush.

Edg3
Nov 16, 2006, 12:26 AM
Tag first snipe later.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zato-2TWO
Nov 16, 2006, 12:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Zato-2TWO/psu20061106_153352_000.jpg

Fence tactics. =P

FenixStryk
Nov 16, 2006, 12:48 AM
I voted BURN! ZAP! FREEZE! DOOM! NO HEALS FOR YOU! It best fits the Ranger/FOcast class. I mean, all rangers and FOcasts DO is use enchanted guns with multiple types of elements to fit the situation...

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 12:51 AM
while playing as a force I'd tag everything by strafing with my mechgun, then I'd go Gidiga something.
as a hunter I do that too on occasion, but replace the gidiga with tornado dance or that shiny new dagger PA I got (Why do the daggers and such have such rediculous PA names? Gr...)

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 02:23 AM
favorite ranger tactic, laser cannon sniping (one shot kill on weaker enemies) the first person view makes it a much more effective weapon if you've the room. I should try it on onmagoug, first person is dead useful against him and giant robot magashi.