PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate the prices in shops?

AkiraXxx
Nov 15, 2006, 11:34 AM
So I was messin around and decided I was going to go buy a gigaline armor, looking at all the shops, the cheapest I saw was one for 80k, the rest were between 110k-350k! I mean, are people serious with these prices, who is stupid enough to spend THAT much on an item that helps you so little and will be an available npc item in the future anyways.

I saw a thread of what the npc items cost, but what do the items cost on the actual japanese online economy?

Also whats up with people undercutting prices just to move thier shit out. Its getting annoying that the weapons you make dont sell because someone decided to sell 5* weapons with 20% element for 12k each. I personally started going around buying specific items selling for cheap and sold them for normal in my shop. I spent about 500k worth of goods and turned it into 700k. And the funny part was, I had a guy follow me back to my room after I bought his shit, and then complain when I was purchasing his items and reselling them lol. Same thing happend with grinders, people selling them hella cheap messing up the market up for everyone else selling grinders, so I normally just go and buy all the B+6-B+10 that are too cheap and resell them.

So the questions are.

A.What are the japanese online 5*+ armors selling for.
B.Is it wrong to go to shops, buy someones stuff then resell it for more knowing it will sell.

Magician
Nov 15, 2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah, the pricing is sad. The NPC price on a 5* armor would be 45k...if they were available in stores, but they're not and so folks are left with overpaying for a marginal upgrade.

Hopefully ST will provide an update that makes 5* & 6* armors available for realistic prices....soonish.

Weak
Nov 15, 2006, 11:48 AM
You can buy and resell stuff.

Just don't get pissed when you start buying more than you can sell.

Koyasha
Nov 15, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-11-15 08:34, AkiraXxx wrote:
So I was messin around and decided I was going to go buy a gigaline armor, looking at all the shops, the cheapest I saw was one for 80k, the rest were between 110k-350k! I mean, are people serious with these prices, who is stupid enough to spend THAT much on an item that helps you so little and will be an available npc item in the future anyways.
Currently, with the scarcity of supplies, selling Gigaline for 80k is almost guaranteed to net a loss if you were to sell 50 of them. Once more missions are available and the materials become common, synthing armor will be reasonable. The patient people will wait until they can get the armor at much lower prices, but there are always people that want things NOW and they'll buy it at that price.

Also whats up with people undercutting prices just to move thier shit out. Its getting annoying that the weapons you make dont sell because someone decided to sell 5* weapons with 20% element for 12k each. I personally started going around buying specific items selling for cheap and sold them for normal in my shop. I spent about 500k worth of goods and turned it into 700k. And the funny part was, I had a guy follow me back to my room after I bought his shit, and then complain when I was purchasing his items and reselling them lol. Same thing happend with grinders, people selling them hella cheap messing up the market up for everyone else selling grinders, so I normally just go and buy all the B+6-B+10 that are too cheap and resell them.

So the questions are.

A.What are the japanese online 5*+ armors selling for.
B.Is it wrong to go to shops, buy someones stuff then resell it for more knowing it will sell.
No, not really. If you're making a profit on it, that's an absolutely valid business tactic. Some people want to move items quickly, so they sell them at low prices. Other people are patient and will wait for the items to sell at a higher price. Buying up things cheap and reselling them at a higher cost only works when supply is limited. If supply is limited and you're still making a profit, then demand is high enough to sell at your price. There's always a risk involved when engaging in this kind of business (even a small one at this time) that the general supply will suddenly increase significantly, thus making it so that demand drops enough that you can no longer make a profit.