PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox 360 keeps freezing at the same spots in PSU

-Black_Tiger-
Nov 15, 2006, 03:14 PM
Recently, my Xbox 360 has started freezing/crashing if it tries to load Block 2 of the first Linear Line level, Block 2 of "Relics Inquirey" in Story Mode or the very first in-game scene in Story Mode.

I can still get to the Raffon Base and completed Sleeping Warriors without any problems.

This started happening after the last server maintence, I moved the location and setup(different power outlet) of my 360 and after a brief stint sitting vertically, my 360 is now back to sitting wide/flat on a table.

By finding this problem offline, I eliminated the server update as an issue. I tried playing with the 360 in a vertical position again, but with no success. I even tried startng a game with the harddrive removed.

Finally, after reading about overheating problems, I set my power supply on top of an open box to keep it cool(and have tried multiple power outlets).

But the game still crashes in the same spots. The dvd drive starts to make a low pitched wurring sound before quitting. The Xbox button doesn't respond and I have to either hit eject or the power button to restart.

Any ideas? Has anything like this happened to anyone else? I haven't play too far in other 360 games since this started, other than lots of GoW multiplayer.

But if I hadn't tried story mode or gone back to the Linear Line levels, I may not have even stumbled onto this problem with PSU yet.

Maxurion
Nov 15, 2006, 06:05 PM
It could be a malfunction in your system, or your disc could be scratched.

KirinDave
Nov 15, 2006, 06:22 PM
It sounds like hardware failure.

Antagony
Nov 15, 2006, 06:38 PM
I had similar problems with other games and that behavior meant more problems further down the road.

I am on my third Xbox 360. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

vozroth
Nov 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
No problems here with mine yet. Start by emailing sega and wait to see what they say. Then contact Microsoft if the issue hasn't been fixed. Thats about the best you can do.

-Black_Tiger-
Nov 16, 2006, 05:19 PM
I finally had a chance this morning to test out each component with my brother's new 360 + PSU(I was about to yesterday, just before we got hit with a 24 hour blackout).

My living room is poorly lit and the disc looked fine before, but once I got to see it in better light, I saw that there is 4mm ring near the outer rim that must have been worn in when I played with my system in the upright position fow about a week.

After testing everything out, it's definitely the disc. I'm going to have it resurfaced, but if that doesn't work, I don't mind paying for a new game instead of a whole new system(or trying to mail it away for repairs).

This is the first time that any of my 360 discs have gotten scratched at all and it was also the first time I played with my 360 in the tower position. So I recommend keepng it flat like a dvd player.

McLaughlin
Nov 16, 2006, 05:25 PM
NEVER move the console from a horizontal position to a vertical position with a game inside.