PDA

View Full Version : Who do you play with?

myserysyn
Nov 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
Soo.. I was wondering if anyone else here plays with the same group of people? And if so, do you *know* them? Know as in real life, not I met you from some other game or other internet place. There's a group of us who have been playing together since day one!! Plus, we've gotten three more people we know to play! PSU is a spreading disease around here! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

peenk
Nov 15, 2006, 06:00 PM
I'm playing with myself.
Wait that came out wrong.

Stixx
Nov 15, 2006, 06:02 PM
I play with my best bud, my girlfriend, and my PM. Other slots are filled by online friends/random people.

Iecur
Nov 15, 2006, 06:03 PM
haha Good one peenk xD

Hmm...myserysyn you're bringing back PSO memories. I got a friend into it then another then another I think in like the first month I had six peoples playing. PSU I've only gotten two might be three the other one is in the military and he's gone now so I don't know if he got it lol. I've only had one go online so far though.

Aaomi
Nov 15, 2006, 06:03 PM
I duo with my BF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif When he is at work though I solo and sometimes have Leo accompany me.

myserysyn
Nov 15, 2006, 06:09 PM
Sweet! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'd rather play with people I semi-know than random people.. more fun in it that way, usually. The few games I played with random people, no one said anything and it was just killing things, and pretty mind-numbing.
My two brothers play, one of their girlfriends, my boyfriend and our other friend play.. It's a never ending PSU story with us! Now we just need more missions to go on!!

Stixx
Nov 15, 2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, it's fun playing with people you know. There's been a few times where we'll just go hang out in some field lobby and shoot the breeze. We talk about our day, work, school, plans for the weekend, etc. Good times.

Clone365
Nov 15, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well i play with a mix of people i know and randoms (some being better than others). Sometimes i actually find it better to play with complete strangers if you just want to get away for a bit^_^

Mari-P
Nov 15, 2006, 06:14 PM
Right now no any of me old PSO friend me know in RL is playing PSU =:_;= and me sister is sitll too much addict too FFXI to split she time with PSU like me do hehehe. Me do play with lots me old PSO internet friends though and sometime strangers. So fr no meet anyone from PSO world yet though =;_;=

Phaze37
Nov 15, 2006, 06:14 PM
I mostly play with random people. The people I met on day 1 have now really outlevelled me, so I dont play with them anymore. However, I also play with some friends that I know irl who didn't get into PSO with me because of the hacking and FSOD.

EspioKaos
Nov 15, 2006, 06:16 PM
Both of my roommates are regular party members of mine.

Merumeru
Nov 15, 2006, 06:18 PM
XD whenever I can choose, the most talkative RPish party I can find, doing Random/Order :3

Genobee
Nov 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
Myself mostly, and soem times with Dawnfire and Lede

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
By myself and sometimes nice people

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2006, 06:33 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:25, MayLee wrote:

I've got some of those Staffs and Rods if you want to collect.

MayLee
Nov 15, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:33, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-15 15:25, MayLee wrote:

I've got some of those Staffs and Rods if you want to collect.

Drop by and send me a friend request on my gamertag and say who you are so my brother wont get all confused because he's playing online. >.<

I'll see if I can swing by on PSU tonight.

Thank you very much, people are really helpful.

Gazette
Nov 15, 2006, 06:36 PM
Some jerk named Kirios, he thinks he's so great hitting 50 way before...
I kid, he's a good dude, I mostly party with the same people at Neuidaz.

Krltplps
Nov 15, 2006, 06:37 PM
I play with one other guy, I'm a force and he's a ranger. Both around level 39.
We both have met each other irl, but currently I'm in Mesa and he's in Boston.

Witchblade56
Nov 15, 2006, 06:43 PM
A large grouping of people that i play with on FFXI play on PSU now too. We switch between both worlds. We do events/meriting in FFXI [or level other jobs] then play on PSU.

It's totally refreshing to just go in and play something that doesnt auto atttack for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Also PSU isnt overrun with RMT. I cant farm on FFXI in my old money spots anymore; RMT have pretty much overrun them all.

The idea of instancing in PSU pretty much keeps the RMT out of the picture which is why its such a big draw to me. Also the people here in the forums are much friendlier than they are over on all >.>;

Anywho its probably like... i want to say 40% of our LS plays [more if you count the people that totally dumped FFXI for PSU]. That's around 10-12 ppl that play in both games, and 3-5 that left FFXI altogether.

Coincidentally we are also all on Universe 15 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 06:47 PM
When I get online It'll be me, my brother and, my friend, and we're gonna be the best team ever. Guaranteed. Just wait you'll see.

Aegias
Nov 15, 2006, 06:56 PM
My gf, and a two good friends from other mmo's.

Drannok
Nov 15, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:00, peenk wrote:
I'm playing with myself.

Lol

I, sometimes, play with my guild and/or my brother. Other times I make a random group. It just depends on the mood I'm in. If I don't want to deal with bull**** I play with my guild and/or my brother. Not saying that everyone in the game pulls bull****, but sometimes I don't want to have to deal with the one person that does. I deal with that enough in RL.

Gesserit
Nov 15, 2006, 07:12 PM
I've yet to meet anyone and had the instant 'zomg u r so kewl' reaction that I had so often in PSO. So mostly I play in open games by myself.

RaveSauce
Nov 15, 2006, 07:30 PM
I solo farm alot, still looking for that leveling buddy

although ive found 2 very cool people: Rose and Angel Rave

Banert
Nov 15, 2006, 07:31 PM
Most of the time I play with random people, but I stick around if they're interesting people and make it a point of getting some partner cards. There are a few groups I try to play with regularly too, but I've yet to find that special group for PSU that I play with all the time.

Male human hunter (6)
level 31
tall, blue haired, looking for group to play with.
must be talkative, lighthearted, but mature enough to not be running around all the time saying "1rt2h1337haxxorz!".
preferably people who enjoy doing Neudaiz missions, those people are few and far between.
Contact in game as Deckson or PM me here if interested.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-11-15 16:37 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 15, 2006, 07:33 PM
I join random parties. . . .I prefer it this way because I like to meet new people..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-15 16:34 ]</font>

PJesus
Nov 15, 2006, 07:37 PM
I play with some friends, and KirinDave whenever I can.

Garroway
Nov 15, 2006, 08:13 PM
Ironicaly enough I play with a couple of people from Japan.

Zeta, you need to start staying up later. I'm finding it difficult to win control of the television from my wife before 11:00.

Ash1ey
Nov 15, 2006, 08:18 PM
I play with my friends from PSO who I've been friends with since the dreamcast days, and the gamecube days.

They're the best

February
Nov 15, 2006, 11:40 PM
There is a few IRL friends I play with but I'm normally with Rizen, Keiko, Dark Shadow, Kenjitsu, Rider or Saigan.

Collar
Nov 15, 2006, 11:49 PM
"Normally I just play with whoever. I'll make a game, and leave it open. People join, and we have a good time. I've already made about a dozen good friends I group regularly with. I'll be getting an RL friend into it once he gets his job ordeal in order, as well. I'd also like to eventually talk my bf into playing, but he's currently in the vice-like grip of World of Warcraft, of which, even the end-game material could not dissuade abandon.

Edg3
Nov 16, 2006, 12:32 AM
Randoms, sometime ppl I know from over the internets.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
I try to play with people from PSOW, but due to certain obstacles, I can't. For instance, people being too high of a lvl, people being on 360 instead, or people who only partner with THEIR group only.

So, I try to find RPing groups, or just anyone who's wanting to make a new friend. The UnOfficial Photographer doesn't really have it too easy, since people label him a paparazzi =X

Midicronica
Nov 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
Guild members and friends only. Never randoms.

FenixStryk
Nov 16, 2006, 12:40 AM
I usually party with anyone on my Friend's List. Been playing with Ariel, DEVILS ADVOCATE, BEASTIE and RAIDEN a lot recently.

Collar
Nov 16, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:35, RyukiZero wrote:
I try to play with people from PSOW, but due to certain obstacles, I can't. For instance, people being too high of a lvl, people being on 360 instead, or people who only partner with THEIR group only.

So, I try to find RPing groups, or just anyone who's wanting to make a new friend. The UnOfficial Photographer doesn't really have it too easy, since people label him a paparazzi =X

"GTFO you paparazzi! :O

Heh. I've been playing since day one. Mind you, I work late-night shifts for work and haven't been on durring the day that much, but, for the most part, I can't see how people are leveling so fast. D: I'm only level 16, and my PM is like, I *think* level 5 now? I must be a noob or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 21:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 21:43 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:42, Collar wrote:

On 2006-11-15 21:35, RyukiZero wrote:

"GTFO you paparazzi! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Heh. I've been playing since day one. Mind you, I work late-night shifts for work and haven't been on durring the day that much, but, for the most part, I can't see how people are leveling so fast. D: I'm only level 16, and my PM is like, I *think* level 5 now? I must be a noob or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 21:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 21:43 ]</font>

I've been playing since the release as well. To answer your question, people do a lot of runs. Too many runs. Grinding like crazy, more like it.

I have a job too, but it's not as busy as yours. That's, evident.

Collar
Nov 16, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:44, RyukiZero wrote:
I've been playing since the release as well. To answer your question, people do a lot of runs. Too many runs. Grinding like crazy, more like it.

"Yeah, then I must be a noob. The groups I'm in have pretty much perfected typing partial sentences between PA combos and attacks to carry out a conversation, heh...

EDIT: ---

"Hey, how's it g

*Rising Crush.

oing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 21:49 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 16, 2006, 12:53 AM
I play with pubbies and fanbois.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:48, Collar wrote:

On 2006-11-15 21:44, RyukiZero wrote:

"Yeah, then I must be a noob. The groups I'm in have pretty much perfected typing partial sentences between PA combos and attacks to carry out a conversation, heh...

EDIT: ---

"Hey, how's it g

*Rising Crush.

oing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-15 21:49 ]</font>

LAWL!

Sanjiro
Nov 16, 2006, 10:23 AM
The team i just gotta be with everyday is...

Chase Rynold
Mugen
Leon

2nd list

Sakura Jr.
Alexis
or whom ever

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 16, 2006, 10:28 AM
I play with some of my friends from real life, but I also played with some friends here like Yoruichi, Ryoten, Shin Matsumoto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-11-16 07:29 ]</font>

Sanjiro
Nov 16, 2006, 10:33 AM
Yeh, I know ryo. My Friend.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 16, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'm all by myself. my one friend (quasi) decided to go 360 at the last minute and my close PSO buddy works doubles at work like 6 days a week. on his day off he sleeps, lol. any PSOWers around lv 25-35 wanna get together? I'm a good guy to play with and I'm looking for a regular group/duo/trio.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-11-16 08:39 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Nov 16, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-11-15 15:47, Wackonus wrote:
When I get online It'll be me, my brother and, my friend, and we're gonna be the best team ever. Guaranteed. Just wait you'll see.

*Pat pat* uh-huh...

Anyway, I play with RL friends mostly. FAHR 3N H317, CJ, Sir Frederick IV, Shrapnel, Jagdpanzer, Pie Thagora, and Airestorm. It's just not as fun with random people, unless they play with a personality. I find a lot of people just grind away without speaking much at all. That's fucking boring if you ask me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2006-11-16 08:22 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Nov 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
I play with my husband (laguna loire) mostly. We mostly just randomly join A de rag runs that are ran/order, and there's one other person we pt with pretty frequently, but we haven't really found our "static" yet. We used to play with this guy who would say "hang on, I have to go to my room quick, wait for me" after one run, and would never come back... It's tough, cause I like to just do rapid fire runs, and not bs a lot between them, but I also don't like pts where no one talks or says hello when you join.

Once we partied with some ppl from jeM- - won't do that again. They were really nice people but they had like 3 inside jokes that they kept doing over and over, and it felt like we should leave, and let them be alone, lol.

I have specific criteria of what kinds of parties I will do more than one run with- and I've been known to change leader and leave my own, too ^_^ But I've had a bunch of really fun parties with just random people too. I'd love to find some people who play in the evening that want to do more than one run- it's annoying to finally work out the party dynamics, then someone leaves, and someone new comes in, with a different playing style and you start all over. I wonder if I am overly sensitive to that because I'm a force?

PMB960
Nov 16, 2006, 11:50 AM
I usually set a password but anyone who has my partner card knows what it is and can join. Other times I will just play without a password and see who joins. I do play with my friend although he has tons of school work sometimes so we can't always play.

Sinue_v2
Nov 16, 2006, 03:06 PM
Lately I've been playing with my friend and ex-coworker Cory (Xarxsis) and his FFXI guildmate iresh. When I get the 360 version I'll also be hanging out with my cousin Stan aka BeerReceptical.DookieToothpaste/KingKongDookie/ect.

Otherwise I also play with Celerathon and Scenjytenal from PSOworld, and ocassionally with Foxix. There's also a girl named Zen/Nails and her buddy I group with. Then of course, SLYMcast - the PSU itteration of my PSO friend SLYM - who was known as a photographer of PSO.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:22 PM
Being the fact that my RL friend (known as Nephreme) tends to act rather homosexual when he joins the games I'm in (in hopes of ruining my name just for fun), I dislike playing with him most of the time. He, however, hasn't been on, and is waiting for the updates to come before signing back on.

Evan, known as Evan both in RL and in game (School/classmate), likes to do his own thing. He'd play with me, if I weren't at such a low lvl compared to him. But.. his personality clashes with mine. I try to make friends, and he tries to scare everyone off XD;

So when it comes down to who I party with, I party with either the friends I've made on PSU (which isn't many, being that many often neglect me for their own party), or the friends I've made here on PSOW, which.. seem a lot more friendlier and enjoyable in my opinion.

Trey_Winters
Nov 16, 2006, 03:31 PM
Trey plays with Dresden and Bren Fairlocks, along with my PM Vanora and sometimes Hyuga just to make it really brutal on my connection.

We were supposed to have another friend join us, but he's been missing since late September. We're a little worried about that...

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:34 PM
I can center too.

I just don't have reason to, and.. Trey seems to refer to himself as a third person.

Ryuki can do tha too, but Ryuki refuses to do so.

..And Ryuki just did it. Ryuki fails </3

Trey_Winters
Nov 16, 2006, 03:38 PM
I was going to list who all of my characters play with, but decided against it, and didn't change my original paragraph. So, sorry?

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:41 PM
I don't like mixing friends. The friends I make on PSU, I don't enjoy mixing with another group of friends I make on PSU.

The friends I make in PSOW, I don't like mixing with those who don't go to PSOW.

I'm a little wierd like that, for segregating. -Shrugs.-

bleyzwun
Nov 16, 2006, 03:51 PM
i play with my roommates and my PM. I wouldnt mind playing with other people, but i usually never meet someone fun online. Been trying to get some friends stuck on WoW to come over but "this game sucks" and wow is the greatest online game ever.

Thrash777
Nov 16, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:00, peenk wrote:
I'm playing with myself.

Dammit! I was gonna say that! lol
But yeah, I won't be for long as I will be getting my GL on the 24th http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SinowZele
Nov 16, 2006, 03:56 PM
Who do you play with?

Just about anyone that wants to play with me - the first time. After the first time, anyone that is crazy enough to want to play with me a second time and who ISN'T greedy/rude/racist/negative.

I play to have fun. Anyone who's into that is cool with me.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 03:57 PM
Sinow, you sound like a cool person yourself. If you have the PC/PS2 version, I'll play with you, and take some partner shots =)

SinowZele
Nov 16, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-11-16 12:57, RyukiZero wrote:
Sinow, you sound like a cool person yourself. If you have the PC/PS2 version, I'll play with you, and take some partner shots =)

Wow, thanks.

Well, I was playing last week at a friend's house after work. Long story but I just got my own copy of PSU (on pc) yesterday. So last night I looked for other people with ridiculously high GL #'s like me (we're the over 20,000 club - lol). My character is only level 6, a hair under 7 -- hahaha.

Buuuut... got a 4-day weekend next week plus a good chunk of this coming weekend to play (except for tomorrow night, having a little rl party at my place to kick things off).

Anyway, thanks for writing that. I play a female beast named Aura Val. If you see me around, nubing up the place, say hi!

Oronis
Nov 16, 2006, 05:43 PM
Yeeee!!!!

Krltplps hit my shop up sometime so we can trade cards

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 05:52 PM
Great, another guy-playing-as-girl person XD

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 16, 2006, 06:00 PM
I play with people that I know from PSOBB. If nobody is on or everyone else is busy, we'll open games in Universe 2 and play with whomever joins. Only had one intolerably rude person so far, so that's pretty good.

On 2006-11-16 08:24, Raine_Loire wrote:
Once we partied with some ppl from jeM- - won't do that again. They were really nice people but they had like 3 inside jokes that they kept doing over and over, and it felt like we should leave, and let them be alone, lol.lolk. That would have been Fence and I (perhaps Clover was there too, I forget). Sorry if it made you two feel unwelcome, that certainly wasn't our intent; we've just played together for about a year now and have vast quantities of loltastic memories and inside jokes. Anyway, for the sake of clarification, we are not jeM people. We were jeM people, but...yeah, long story, and nobody cares anymore anyway.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 06:01 PM
People can be such a-holes on the game.

So here's this giant crab..

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 06:54 PM
Mmm I think I'm going to start regularly playing with my friend Lady Charlone. Not very talkative but it's always a sign when people mail me for a pass into my games when I'm solo, or stop by my room as ask for a game. It's been a very very long time since I've had 'that' special group of people. Try 5 years too long. Vid, JAG, K-Nurtz, Swig, Surami, Seph, SS, wonder how they're doing.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 06:56 PM
Hey.. I know that person.

Does that mean I've met you, or know you as well?

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 07:02 PM
I've yet to party/meet you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Pandatron
Nov 16, 2006, 07:12 PM
Time to hand out props i guess xD.

{only including ones i party with on weekly basis}

Parn - (Not admin parn, parn clone that most of you thought was parn at a point but wasn't lol). Cool guy know'em irl and always up for a party.

Koga - Ko Ko Krispies nuff said his my walking zealot that destoryes everything xD.

Q_Anon - pretty awesome robo always nice to have around.

Voyevoda - Not sure what to say except "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!"

McFly 2.0 - Always fun to lvl with and giving the insider tips.

Fure Rakune - Awesome guy never seems to disappoint me when he shows up in a party.

Saigan - We call him Sai. 17-4 Hikaru.

Hattori - Another kick butt robot makes me regret feeding most of my robos to my PM x.x.

Tiny Tank 2 - Freakin lvling machine and definitly a force to be reconned with hope to party with him more so in future.

bladeblade - weird little kid but nice to chat with ^_^.

Xios - If he wasn't afk/brb 50-70% of the time he be more fun to lvl with.

Elsis - Meet tonight pretty cool person.

If i missed your name and have partied with you i appologize, enlighten me on who you are again and will make plans ^_^, or if i haven't leveled with ya i wouldn't mind given the oppurtunity to most A ranks would be perfered.

myomer
Nov 16, 2006, 08:00 PM
Me and the wife.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 08:03 PM
Don't party with me unless you want an Asian in your party.

That's a joke, not a racist comment =)

wrentypo
Nov 16, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-11-15 15:18, Merumeru wrote:
XD whenever I can choose, the most talkative RPish party I can find, doing Random/Order :3

Do those exist on 360? I (and my random party) always end up talking about politics or pornography? I need a clan or something. No one I know plays video games. Does any one have that problem?

Rajaxx
Nov 16, 2006, 10:54 PM
I dont play online yet.

However once I get online I shall be playing with 2 of my real life friends, one who is a member of this site but shall not be named, and the other, who is not. >.>

Ryno
Nov 16, 2006, 11:15 PM
i have 2 close friends that i play with from playing pso for at least 3 and a half years and now psu on xbox live! woot!

p.s. - i got my friends into the game

ryuartyi
Nov 16, 2006, 11:17 PM
I play with anyone that has a party open for the mission I want I guess. I don't try to keep partying with the same people...

Sekani
Nov 16, 2006, 11:51 PM
I'll play with anyone on the 360 who actually uses their mic in parties (and can put up with my lack of keyboard usage in lobbies).

Pengfishh
Nov 17, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-11-16 16:12, Pandatron wrote:

Fure Rakune - Awesome guy never seems to disappoint me when he shows up in a party.

Elsis - Meet tonight pretty cool person.

Fure is a good friend of mine. We went to high school together.

And I am Elsis and yes I am very cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pengfishh on 2006-11-16 23:31 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 17, 2006, 02:33 AM
On 2006-11-16 15:01, RyukiZero wrote:

"That's a huge motherfucking crab!"

Pitchshifter
Nov 17, 2006, 02:35 AM
I just started Online last weekend so I only have myself to play with... oh and Lou http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-16 23:33, Pengfishh wrote:

On 2006-11-16 15:01, RyukiZero wrote:

"That's a huge motherfucking crab!"

"You attack its weak point for MASSIVE damage."

Weak
Nov 17, 2006, 02:40 AM
I play with other players.

I'm too lazy to list names.

Mio
Nov 17, 2006, 02:52 AM
I still didn't made any friend in game. But that's because it's 2-3 days that i'm playing. I do really wish to find someone to play with multiple runs