PDA

View Full Version : oh god it burns!!!

Sord
Nov 15, 2006, 07:12 PM
I have a friend who has a mom who has a friend that grows their own peppers. That person made some dried smoked habaneros (hottest pepper in the world) and gave them to the mom who gave them to her son to give them to me because I use that kind of stuff in my food a lot. So I grounded them up and got to use it for the first time today. I sprinkled a little on my pizza (just a little does the trick!) and then I forgot the number one rule after handling such hot stuff, WASH YOUR HANDS IMMEDIATLY!!! so after eating my pizza I rubbed my eye and about seconds later IT BURRRRRRRNS!!! So after about five minutes of washing and wiping my eye it feels better, though it is still a bit hot.

pizza was delicious though o_-

Funkomatic
Nov 15, 2006, 07:19 PM
I actually really like hot pepper (habaneros are the only ones that really cause me some discomfort) and eat them quite regularly plain. but holy christ! in the eye? that sucks real bad.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 15, 2006, 07:21 PM
that does. . . I actually got some jalepeno(SP?) pepper juice in my eye when it squirted out after pinching it >_>

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2006, 08:14 PM
Big fan of spicy stuff myself. Never had the chance to go toe-to-toe with a Habenero, just the Tabasco sauce equivalent.

Sord
Nov 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
well, if you ever eat a full blown habanero with nothing added(which I've personally done) make sure you have a few glasses of milk and some bread on hand. A popsicle for the afterburn helps out to.