PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone beaten Story Mode?

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 10:55 PM
I cant beat the last chapter... So I wanted to know, do you get any new costumes for extra mode or online after you beat Story Mode? I really like Ethans costume. The Braves costume...or somethin... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Long-Awaited on 2006-11-15 20:00 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 11:03 PM
I beat story mode but have never played extra mode, I was like 20 levels low for the last area but it was still a breeze with my trusty spear and lvl 26 PA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

If I hadnt spent so much lvling my PM up I would have had enough to buy a S rank weapon and that really would have been easy.

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:04 PM
Okay, do you play online, though?

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2006, 11:05 PM
I spent 50k meseta on the PM. That's like half a Perfect Zero run, five minute's work. Why would that prevent you from getting your spear?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 11:07 PM
Story Mode, Extra Mode, and Network Mode are all separate and not related in any way, shape or form.

OK, I lied, they are related.

You are all GUARDIANS on the same Universe; during the same time frame; and doing the same missions. You never bump into your offline counter part. As far as I know Ethan hates us for joining because of his success, so we probably won't see him unless Karen ties him up, gags him, and drags him kicking and screaming for an online quest.

Short Answer: Nothing you have in Story or Extra mode transfer to Network Mode. Absolutely nothing.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:09 PM
I beat story mode....I hate Ethan Waber. and for beating it I think you get extra cast voices or at least that's what they say in the strategy guide. All in all it was really easy. You should have any trouble.

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:10 PM
I dont want to transfer anything or see Ethan in extra and online mode. I just want to know if you can wear his costume (Braves Costume...or something) on extra or online mode.

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:12 PM
No. Not yet at least.

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:13 PM
Its impossible to beat the last chapter! When I get to the SEED-infected satellite, the monsters always kill me!! I run my monomate down to nothing in less than 3 minutes!

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-11-15 20:10, Long-Awaited wrote:
I dont want to transfer anything or see Ethan in extra and online mode. I just want to know if you can wear his costume (Braves Costume...or something) on extra or online mode.

Someone said you can buy his shirt and pants in a shop, but i've never seen it. We get Rappy Costumes so maybe we'll get the main characters from story mode outfits? Can you imagine how many Renvolt clones we'll see? And why not? His armor looks fucking awesome.

Karens outfit with those cute thigh highs look delicious. I mean. Uh. The tentacles on her shirt. Um.. scarves... whatever they are. And Lous garter belt. I mean. Well YOU TELL ME WHAT IT IS THEN! God. >.<

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:16 PM
And Tonnios awesome outfit, too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wackonus
Nov 15, 2006, 11:17 PM
I just want Magashi's wings. They're perfect for my demonic looking character.

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:19 PM
Is there more costumes on the 360 or PC version? Cause I can only pick from like 15 shirts and pants (on extra mode), and I saw a pic of a character in the dressing lobby and they had like 50 shirts!

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:20 PM
Can you go out into the field without having to go on a mission? Like on PSO?

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-11-15 20:13, Long-Awaited wrote:
Its impossible to beat the last chapter! When I get to the SEED-infected satellite, the monsters always kill me!! I run my monomate down to nothing in less than 3 minutes!

ur doin et rong.

Get at least a B rank armor (you should have one by now) and buy the lv2 regen unit in the GMR shop. It recovers 10% of your health really quickly. With this, you shouldn't take enough damage to need to heal, much less use up your mates. As for weapons, go to the synth shop and buy the most expensive board for the weapon of your choice. Hopefully, you chose a weapon type that has an A rank counterpart. It should take about 100-150k meseta total to synth it if you buy all the materials. And there shouldn't be any material you can't ether buy or synth. Use light photons for added damage. With this, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the hive.

Turambar
Nov 15, 2006, 11:25 PM
You CAN buy the Braves costume, just not with the same color scheme as Ethan's. (Not yet at any rate)

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:27 PM
Ah, yes, the Hive. Thats what it was called...

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:28 PM
On 2006-11-15 20:25, Turambar wrote:
You CAN buy the Braves costume, just not with the same color scheme as Ethan's. (Not yet at any rate)

HOW? WHERE? WHEN?

Long-Awaited
Nov 15, 2006, 11:57 PM
Okay, just one final question. Do you get anything at all for extra or online mode after youve beaten Story mode?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 16, 2006, 12:13 AM
I didnt have alot of money, in story mode not even sure what a perfect zero run is!

I was 20+ lvls under the mobs in story mode and only did like 2 free missions the whole game so I didnt have enough money to even buy a few weapons to try a new job! thats why I didnt get my spear!

but I crafted a 50% light spear (4* I belive) and it totally owned the last dungion despite my low level.

i didnt want to waist time making money or anything offline I just wanted to beat the game before I went online.

TheStoicOne
Nov 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
long-awaited, no it is impossible to go into battle areas without being in a mission. And you wouldn't want to, because missions give you cash, and job points

Asuri
Nov 16, 2006, 12:20 AM
story mode was nothing, i think pso taught me well to conserve mates and what not, i dont think i ever used one scape doll and i finished it being around lvl 65

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 12:29 AM
upon completion of a chapter, (including the last one) you unlock everything that was available as of that chapter, if new weapons came up for sale, guess what, you can buy them, you can even do the HIVE with your own created character, assuming you've leveled 'em to 60...
BTW it's kinda cheap how they plunk you into the HIVE with savepoints if you can't leave during the mission, however the vendor guy (forgot his name) shows up to save the day by settin' up shop (I bought a Bone Dance! XD) I don't think there are any photon chrgers though, but you should have enough money to use photon charges that you buy from what's-his-name to restore all your PP.

Asuri
Nov 16, 2006, 12:33 AM
photon charges are imo, the single most important things to have besides mates, i fought the first robo boss wti no pp, lol, i regret the time it took

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
His name is bruce lee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I was lvl 61 when I did the last mission, I think i was 63 when I beat it.

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2006, 12:43 AM
I was level 55 when I beat the game, I think. I just wanted to speed through it so I could do extra mode. However, story mode type missions are alot more fun than extra mode's free missions, since each mission takes an hour in story.

Perfect Zero, by the way, is the best free mission to grind in. It has 150 enemies, and most of them tend to drop 2000 meseta. From selling everything you get there, you can make 100k each run. If you S rank the mission, you get a decoration worth 5k and a board worth 10k. If you can S rank it, it should take about 11 minutes. 600k meseta an hour isn't bad at all, if you ask me.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-11-15 21:43, Zorafim wrote:
I was level 55 when I beat the game, I think. I just wanted to speed through it so I could do extra mode. However, story mode type missions are alot more fun than extra mode's free missions, since each mission takes an hour in story.

Perfect Zero, by the way, is the best free mission to grind in. It has 150 enemies, and most of them tend to drop 2000 meseta. From selling everything you get there, you can make 100k each run. If you S rank the mission, you get a decoration worth 5k and a board worth 10k. If you can S rank it, it should take about 11 minutes. 600k meseta an hour isn't bad at all, if you ask me.

seriously 600k? please tell me it's not a network mission... *crosses fingers for his next play*

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2006, 01:03 AM
No, this is both on extra mode and story mode. Each run takes a bit more than ten minutes, and gives a bit more than 100k meseta. It's on moatoob, with a lv60 level cap.

It'd be sick if this was on network mode.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 16, 2006, 01:06 AM
Oh I did that mission as part of the story and S ranked it, (spear owns all) not sure if its the same rewards as the free mission.

Blu_Swade
Nov 16, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-11-15 22:03, Zorafim wrote:
No, this is both on extra mode and story mode. Each run takes a bit more than ten minutes, and gives a bit more than 100k meseta. It's on moatoob, with a lv60 level cap.

It'd be sick if this was on network mode.

Urutora-Haipaa-Supaa-Yoush-to-the-extreme-and-to-the-max!

too many hyphens o_0 dunno how t'spell it... hyphen, hiphen, both look weird...

Zabot
Nov 16, 2006, 08:27 AM
i made it through and i still had 15 monomates, 5 dimates and 18 trimates left, at the last boss i used 2 dimates and a trimate, i fought every enemy, you have to make sure you hit them before the NPC's kill them. i was lvl 54, i had an A rank spear and a B rank Claw, lvl 28 Photon art, and my spear PA was only lvl 14, i beat him easy. you should spam your Photon Arts, make um strong, oh and, i ddnt do any free missions, so i dont know how you were such a low level when you fought him.

Hatecrime69
Nov 16, 2006, 09:03 AM
i think i was about level 53 when i beat story mode, i didn't have too many problems beating the last mission, but it was fun as heck..although i'm annoyed that you can't use wands as a hunter at all online where i loved using my 2 wands with resta, shifta and deband in story..but my main is a force anyway so i don't care too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
I never used wands in story beyond a certain point. They took too long to get out, and ran out of PP too fast. Mates and natural stats were enough for me, anyway.

Ryoten
Nov 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
I beat it within 4 to 6 days. You unlock a lot of stuff when you complete the game & play extra mode. But its not the same sa network mode. *Funny coming from a guy who mistakenly overwritten his lvl 42 character. >< lol*

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 04:58 PM
Im on level 51 on story mode right now. Ive only done like 1 free mission.

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
Oh, hey does anyone know why I have to restart my game everytime I get to story or extra mode? It keeps saying that it loaded the system file and needs to restart. After I restart it, it works though, but its just a little aggervating that it takes 2 times as long as it normally should... Oh, and also, (anyone with a PS2) does your PS2 slow down alot whenever youre in deep battle? Like when youre fighting 10 guys at the same time?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Long-Awaited on 2006-11-16 14:05 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Nov 16, 2006, 05:04 PM
im about to beat the game, im really close!!! for the last mission im goin to use my trusty double saber to pwn the monsters, it shouldnt be too difficult.

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 05:11 PM
Okay, Im trying it again. Ive got 20 mono, di, and tri. 10 PCs, 10 star atomizers. Got my Gudda Ribat, Bone Dance, Dual Slasher, Aldaga Steg, Mijin-Misaki, and Arb Oga, all equipped. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Lets just hope that I survive til the first save point. :|

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 05:24 PM
Damn it... I died... And I didnt even get to Hyuga and Karen... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2006, 05:25 PM
Seriously, that auto regen unit is an instant win. Get it.

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 05:29 PM
auto regen unit?

Spectral
Nov 16, 2006, 05:34 PM
The one that looks like you have hearts floating out of you.

It's available in armor stores after chapter 10.

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 05:37 PM
how much does it cost?

Long-Awaited
Nov 16, 2006, 05:44 PM
Okay, Block B. OOooh!! Yes!! Save point! Ive got no mono, 17 di, and 20 tri.

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2006, 05:50 PM
No, I mean the one that's better than the safety heart. I said exactly how to get it in a previous post, just go to the GRM shop and buy it in the slot shop. It shouldn't cost too much, and it makes you a god.

Blu_Swade
Nov 17, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-16 14:04, Lord_Kratos wrote:
im about to beat the game, im really close!!! for the last mission im goin to use my trusty double saber to pwn the monsters, it shouldnt be too difficult.

hahaha! that's exactly what I did, glory to the Tornado Dance! Yoush!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-16 23:36 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 17, 2006, 02:40 AM
It's such a drag! Oooh, Network Mode on SUPER EASY!!!

Blu_Swade
Nov 17, 2006, 02:46 AM
[quote]On 2006-11-16 14:01, Long-Awaited wrote:
Oh, hey does anyone know why I have to restart my game everytime I get to story or extra mode? It keeps saying that it loaded the system file and needs to restart. After I restart it, it works though, but its just a little aggervating that it takes 2 times as long as it normally should... Oh, and also, (anyone with a PS2) does your PS2 slow down alot whenever youre in deep battle? Like when youre fighting 10 guys at the same time?

yes, sometimes I slowdown before they appear, before I unlock the laser gates even.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-16 23:46 ]</font>

A2K
Nov 17, 2006, 02:51 AM
On 2006-11-15 20:28, Long-Awaited wrote:

On 2006-11-15 20:25, Turambar wrote:

HOW? WHERE? WHEN?

You can't buy the exact same outfit. As the description goes on Ethan's "Braves Custom", his is a custom job. The "Braves Jacket" and "Braves Pants" you can buy at the Parum clothes shop are close, though. Aside from the aforementioned color difference, the jacket doesn't have a hood.

Pooru
Nov 17, 2006, 03:54 AM
yeah i have Ethans setup on my character but its justnot as cool as his.....damn his custom working..I wanna be able to custom mine XD;.

and it would be awesome if we get something special from beating the game but we dont....plus karen and ethan kinda disappointing at the end XD *shakes angry fist at sega* LAKE OF RMANCE SEGA LACK OF ROMANCE DX

Xx3of19xX
Nov 17, 2006, 08:25 AM
I played each Free Mission in offline mode as they became available (except some of the later ones didn't meet the level requirements right away).

I can tell you one thing you're doing wrong though: get yourself a nice wand and put Resta and Shifta on it. Resta will save you a boatload of mates and Shifta is very good offline and will let you take out the monsters faster, resulting in less damage to you as well.
I beat it as Hunter with three A rank Light element 2 handers (twin dagger, Sword, Twin Saber), a Wand/Handgun combo, a Light element Saber/mechgun combo and Twin Handguns with Light bullets.
The only tough spot was the room with the three mage enemies, they hit kinda hard if you're not careful.

Long-Awaited
Nov 17, 2006, 03:58 PM
But if I wanted to use technics, wouldnt I have to change my GUARDIANS license to a Force? Then Id have like... 600 HP and die even faster! :|

Long-Awaited
Nov 18, 2006, 08:30 PM
bumpedy

Long-Awaited
Nov 19, 2006, 01:41 AM
YESSS!!! I beat itttt!! But I got nothin new... =| sucks... I thought I would get some more costumes or something...

Long-Awaited
Nov 19, 2006, 01:51 AM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Hell yeah!! I just went to Parum and guess what!! Braves Jacket!! YAYY!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Long-Awaited
Nov 19, 2006, 02:09 AM
Wait...It worked for my newman... But not my human??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Ugh...