PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Woes of a Lv40+

FenixStryk
Nov 16, 2006, 01:22 AM
I'm currently Lv42 (almost 43) and things are starting to wear on me.

For one, too many people still play Parum. For me, not even Sleeping Warriors A gives enough XP and mission points. Even IF everyone moved to Neudaiz, grinding Grove of Fanatics A is somewhat dull.

What really gets to me is job levels and PA levels, though:

I maxed out Ranger to 10 at Lv39, so I switched to Force (mainly for Guntecher, but also because I want a 10/10/10 character). As a CAST, this makes it somewhat hard, since I have to rely on bows and handguns (no TECH, even Diga/Radiga, has better Damage per Second than a Rikalbari 4* bow).

You're probably thinking, "So? You're still using guns, so it's like you're still a Ranger after all!" Not so much. With only 2 guns to choose from and Bullets maxing out at 10, you're not left with much. I've already maxed out all 4 bow PAs and 1 Handgun PA. By Lv44 I'm sure I'll have all 8 PAs maxed, thus leaving me with no PAs to level whatsoever.

It will be a rough ride to Force 10, and I dread the thought of it, simply grinding without leveling PAs, doing the same mission over and over, relying on 2 weapons and a gimped Resta (although, I must say, Resta still a godsend, since I now NEVER need to use 'mates.) ...I suppose I could run around casting Resta and Reverser the moment someone loses 1 HP or gets a status effect, but really, now.

...Woe is the life of a Lv40+!

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 01:27 AM
Umm your the one making it hard for yourself. (just pointing that out)

Gavin_King
Nov 16, 2006, 01:30 AM
You're right... playing as a force and not using techs would suck... Who cares about DPS, have some fun and use the techs... They get a lot better, and it's not about how much damage they do... If it is, get some area attack spells and level them up.

As a ranger, you should know that it's not all about DPS... Sure Tag with guns, and play support with heals... but cast some spells in there for fun.

Games are supposed to be fun, not a grind. You have only yourself to blame if you think there's too much grinding.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 16, 2006, 01:31 AM
Yea, grove gives huge exp, my exp always goes up at a snails pace but sometimes ill do a grove of fantatics to break the tedium of parum ez mode money soloing

And i always come out of it with a huge chunk of exp and im like whoa

and that was with a pug group with a guy hit stuff for 14 damage per hit

Skyly
Nov 16, 2006, 01:31 AM
not really i made Force lvl 10 at like lvl 36

Invisus
Nov 16, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-11-15 22:22, FenixStryk wrote:
As a CAST.

I found your problem.

EDIT: In an attempt to be somewhat productive I'll tell you what I do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I just play gears of war/ ff12 until the patch on Thursday, Moatoob should bring some fresh air.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Invisus on 2006-11-15 22:44 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I thought switching to Ranger1 as a 50 Beast was a terrible idea. An atrociously evil and perverted idea. Then I saw a 50 Beast Ranger10 owning the hell outta stuff and then I thought to myself...

"It's not too hard to level a class to 10 when I can solo the hell out of De Ragan within seconds. I might just try Ranger again someday."

And so I did. Only I did it with a brand new character. The good news? I don't miss. The bad news? My Beast is still stuck being Fortefighter only. lol

Fortunately, as a Newman, picking up Force around 30/40 when I cap Ranger won't be too difficult. I've already got like 2,000 TP as a Ranger at lv15. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 22:46 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 01:57 AM
Um you could wait until friday, whne we get Moatoob I can Imagine, the A rank missions will have tons of EXP, I'm actualy kinda glad I'm still 37 because there will be no lvl cap increase on friday, so I can enjoy lvling up on new content.

SpishackCola
Nov 16, 2006, 02:34 AM
Beast ranger was fun. Got my two twin PAs to 20 in addition to hitting RA10

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 04:27 AM
Mmm Grove of Fanatics is slow xp if you don't have a lot of people(4 isn't enough there). RELICS has bored me to death, I can't stand it. I still love dragon runs though, good items, xp and meseta.

Level 40 btw.

Magician
Nov 16, 2006, 08:32 AM
Like JaiBlue said, you're making it too difficult.

If you're not enjoying being a force but still want to level your force class levels just do C rank De Ragan runs all day long. 8-10 minutes for 8 mission points, plus you'll be rolling with a more casual crowd and a mix of beginners who aren't fully in the know and ask questions constantly, that amounts to there being never a dull moment (well, at least that's how it is for me).

Character level be damned, once I hit 45 my leveling progress has slowed tremendously, but I find myself having more fun rolling with the lower level scene. I actually have to babysit less with them as it seems most are content with item pickups rather than xp, allowing you to demolish mobs quick with little to no griping from the item ninjas. Everyone is happy.

A rank parties, unless run with a few friends, can get too serious at times.

Sychosis
Nov 16, 2006, 08:56 AM
I tried to join a party with the TC last night (he wasn't party leader thankfully). I was treated to the typical welcome:

Me: Sup?
(Someone): Nee-ah-see-uh? (Some one trying to pronounce my name, it's Nyasia, Nye-Asia, simple)
(Someone else): <static>
(Someone else): <more static>
(Someone): BOOT!
<Booted>

It's hard to find a fun game when you get booted for no apparent reason other the fact that someone failed 3rd grade phonics and refused to look like a moron.

Ryogen
Nov 16, 2006, 09:31 AM
I know when I hit lvl 31 i'm going to get my force ready for the patch and such.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:35 AM
On 2006-11-16 05:56, Sychosis wrote:
I tried to join a party with the TC last night (he wasn't party leader thankfully). I was treated to the typical welcome:

Me: Sup?
(Someone): Nee-ah-see-uh? (Some one trying to pronounce my name, it's Nyasia, Nye-Asia, simple)
(Someone else): <static>
(Someone else): <more static>
(Someone): BOOT!
<Booted>

It's hard to find a fun game when you get booted for no apparent reason other the fact that someone failed 3rd grade phonics and refused to look like a moron.

yea.... i remeber the good old days of PSO when the noobs called me HEll- E- OS and my name was Helieos.

God is you can Helium then you can say Helios, where do you think the word helium came from....

Doh42
Nov 16, 2006, 09:36 AM
You'll notice that even as a FOCast, you can deal awesome nuke damage with Zonde/Razonde if you solo Grove of the Fanatics C (With NPC, good source of resta level up, since they are oblivious to the concept of dodgign).

It is the only map right now where my FOFurl actually have fun soloing, when my ranger and hunter were actually having a blast everywhere ELSE but there.

I suggest you give it a shot; Grove of the Fanatics C in solo (duo with NPC, trio with PM if you have it) and bring CANES, not rods... I bought a Hajirod +2 to try it out, since everyone use those, and on a beast, the damage difference is about 6-10 per cast, and is about 50% slower than my cane... Bottom line? 16k wasted in a big toy my wartecher can't even use.

When your natual Tech Power is low; compensate by nuking more often! Cane, Zonde, RaZonde... I know I have fun destroying the place in C solo, it's great money, mission points, and the XP is very fast, albeit "lower" numbers per kill; it's all about XP/hour.

In any case; to give an idea of how "slow" level 40-50 are...

I played Hunter since level 1... At Beast 41, I reached HU10. Then, I switched to ranger... At Beast 46, I got my RA10... So if it takes 60 hours to level 1-40, it takes aobut 40 hours to level 41-46. And I now got Beast 50, FO7. I think that's about 20-30 hours so far. (Not sure my total playtime, should be roughly 150-160 hours)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doh42 on 2006-11-16 06:37 ]</font>

Aegias
Nov 16, 2006, 10:44 AM
Got my FoCast to 4 for Gutnecher, it honestly wasnt that bad, if anything just join groups. All the hunters well give you an oil rub down and a galon of free gas for healing them, besides that just do what you do as a ranger, secondary dps with crappy spells. Did i hit half as hard as my newman female teammate, yes! But I was still appreciated. No one hates a heal bot, and honestly on B and A runs its no time to hit lvl10, patience is a virtue no? (Tbh i kinda miss FO, my duals run out of mana so quick these days :/)