PDA

View Full Version : Should I have any incentive whatsoever to raise another char

Kanore
Nov 16, 2006, 06:36 AM
I got to 50 playing every second I could, turning the last 2 or 3 weeks into... well, nothing. Alot of the 50s I know already have alts nearing 20 and up.

Of course, I know that alot of the people that HAVE reached 50 have more spare time than me - they're either in college or have jobs, while i'm just a high school student.

Should I bother starting an alt? :

sum182
Nov 16, 2006, 06:42 AM
If there's nothing to do with your other character right now i don't see a reason not too....or, unless you already done this, get all of your classes (hunter ranger force) to expert class.

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 06:46 AM
How do a person with a job have more time than a high school student? You have 6-8hrs of school at the most, with guaranteed 2 days off. Some of us have 13hr days in a 40hr week and almost no days off -.-.

But anyway...if you like the leveling aspect of the game then get an alt. Personally I wont when I hit 50, instead I'll just be doing runs for money.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 16, 2006, 06:51 AM
What the fuck is the point of being level 50 I mean jesus christ why make that your goal?

I'll just keep on farming money/items, and if I hit 50 through some virtue of being 35+ on one char and 30+ on another to facilitate GETTING those items, then what the fuck ever, big whoop.

Kanore
Nov 16, 2006, 07:01 AM
if you like the leveling aspect of the game

Eh, I don't. Which leads to..

On 2006-11-16 03:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:
What the fuck is the point of being level 50 I mean jesus christ why make that your goal?

I felt the need to finish it so I'd be able to farm freely - that or concentrate on school more, and I've been doing the latter all week.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2006, 07:03 AM
On 2006-11-16 03:36, Kanore wrote:
Should I bother starting an alt? :/

You could, or you could just take a break for now.

Playing that much would wear anyone out.

If you want to try out a different race- gaming style ahead of time, then by all means do so now. Plan a different expert class/race with different stats, go level up other PA's you've never tried yet.

There's no reason to not do so and only want one character, since for right now one character can't do it all since the expert classes aren't in the game to change to and from.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 16, 2006, 07:10 AM
I just do not understand why people need to be level 50 for any other reason than "Look, I'm level 50."

You do not need to be 50 to farm, either. You just need to be 35+ and with good weapons/PM.

Rider
Nov 16, 2006, 07:27 AM
I'd suggest just taking a break and focusing on something else, like real life matters. Then when you come back there might even be new content and the level cap will be higher. Don't rush the game, espically with so little content online right now. You will only get burnt out really quick and possibly quit and just waste your month+ you paid for.

_Deliverance_
Nov 16, 2006, 07:37 AM
Focus on your school...
Get those assignments done before another update comes, or you'll grind the game until you're done again, and fuck your grades up. Don't act like you wouldn't.

Quark713
Nov 16, 2006, 07:58 AM
I'm with _Deliverance_... focus on your school work. I'm also a highschool student, and even though my main is only 23, I'm taking a break for a while...

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:06 AM
I'm comfortable 37, still low enought to level up when moatoob comes out, and by the time decmeber rolls around I iwll be 50 so I can become and expert class and then work my way up to 60.

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2006, 09:11 AM
On 2006-11-16 03:46, Silhouette wrote:
How do a person with a job have more time than a high school student? You have 6-8hrs of school at the most, with guaranteed 2 days off. Some of us have 13hr days in a 40hr week and almost no days off -.-.

But anyway...if you like the leveling aspect of the game then get an alt. Personally I wont when I hit 50, instead I'll just be doing runs for money.

Aye. I go to school 7 hours a day and work 5 hours at night 3-4 days a week.

Doh42
Nov 16, 2006, 09:26 AM
On 2006-11-16 03:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I'll just keep on farming money/items, and if I hit 50 through some virtue of being 35+ on one char and 30+ on another to facilitate GETTING those items, then what the fuck ever, big whoop.

Vulgar language aside, what's the point in being level 50? None. There is none. However, it goes up, whatever you do. There is nothing else that you can do in this game than getting XP; unless you sit in lobbies, or join parties and leech / healbot, you will get XP whatever you do.

I personally hit 50 a few days ago; it's never been my goal, but since I like playing the game, I was playing. Since I was playing, I was killing monster, thus getting experience. If you stop looking at the XP per kill, and just concentrate on dodging, hitting, shooting, casting, healing, you will notice you level up once in a while.. and that's enough to, given time, get you level 50 before you know it.

Just my two cents; it's not hard, it takes time. And you don't have to run any A rank mission to get XP.. you could get level 50 by doing Fight For Food B in solo all over; gets boring fast? Certainly. More xp per minute? I'm quite sure.

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
fight for food B at 50? I do solo A runs at 37.... It's realy good exp and cash and it's easy as hell.

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
So far I've ripped thru 8 diffrent characters and each of them lv 35+.

Merumeru
Nov 16, 2006, 09:39 AM
XD definently level up another character, do another race and type and plow through the levels with the help of meseta and elemental synths from your lvAWESOME character

SinowZele
Nov 16, 2006, 09:44 AM
I like that... lvAWESOME

XD