PDA

View Full Version : Woas of a busy life...

justincase
Nov 16, 2006, 11:07 AM
Man it is so sad ive had psu since like two days after its NA release. and im lvl 16. between work, school, my girlfriend, and sports(wrestling) i have such little time left over for it. how i long to expirence the vast weapons and pa's attached to them. i havent even been through all the missions yet. o well i guess. thanksgiving is around the corner, maybe ill have a good amount of time to really get things going.

*justincase*

mogshaz
Nov 16, 2006, 11:10 AM
Become a shut-in. that solved all my problems

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 11:11 AM
I still don't see why soo many guys think having a girlfriend is a responsibility. (but thats just me)

MayLee
Nov 16, 2006, 11:13 AM
...I guess your girlfriend wants to spend quality time all the time?

Act like your sick to get out of wrestling..>.>

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 16, 2006, 11:16 AM
On 2006-11-16 08:11, JaiBlue wrote:
I still don't see why soo many guys think having a girlfriend is a responsibility. (but thats just me)

You must be a girl, or not have one if you dont think it is.... Its really more annoying then anything lol.

MayLee
Nov 16, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-11-16 08:16, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

You must be a girl, or not have one if you dont think it is.... Its really more annoying then anything lol.

Oh, so now we are annoying? >:(

Heh, kidding..

Shinou
Nov 16, 2006, 11:21 AM
It's the clingyness that tends to be annoying. It's like damnit woman give me some space!

SleazyDZ
Nov 16, 2006, 11:23 AM
Listen I have a girl and I still play. She comes over and I'm playing, tough, I was playing before you were here so deal with it. She'll get annoyed and call me a nerd but I don't care cause I'm having more fun then her.

Shinou
Nov 16, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-11-16 08:23, SleazyDZ wrote:
Listen I have a girl and I still play. She comes over and I'm playing, tough, I was playing before you were here so deal with it. She'll get annoyed and call me a nerd but I don't care cause I'm having more fun then her.

Lol so she watches you play all day?

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 11:29 AM

(I'am guy) lol but don't get me wrong or anything I just don't see why guys my age (I'm 18 by the way) should stress over girls like their in a commeted relationship (as if they are really gonna be together until they are married) if you ask me too many relations today are based on sex, so many girls are willing to press the "if you don't do so and so I'm gonna leave you button" that guys are actully willing to place them on a high enough priority to be considred "reponsible".

Sorry if I sound sexist but thats just what my father taught me about women, wifes and "girlfriends".

MayLee
Nov 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-11-16 08:29, JaiBlue wrote:

(I'am guy) lol but don't get me wrong or anything I just don't see why guys my age (I'm 18 by the way) should stress over girls like their in a commeted relationship (as if they are really gonna be together until they are married) if you ask me too many relations today are based on sex, so many girls are willing to press the "if you don't do so and so I'm gonna leave you button" that guys are actully willing to place them on a high enough priority to be considred "reponsible".

Sorry if I sound sexist but thats just what my father taught me about women, wifes and "girlfriends".

Eh..Men can be the same way too, If I want to play a freaking video game I am going to playy it, if my guy wants to play a game, hey..give me the second controller so I can teach you a thing or two about a video game. I am single but if I had a boyfriend who was into games I could care less as long as his mystress isn't the game, it's okay to play the game, but every waking minute and can't handle one little conversation with you ..then something is wrong here..>.>

People are different so I wouldn't say all women think the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-11-16 08:40 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 16, 2006, 11:37 AM
Don't cry so much. I'm going full time in the Air Force in Feburary so don't tell me you got it hard. I don't want to hear that bro. Don't waste your life on a game. It's good you have a responsibly, but don't fret that you are in anyway behind in PSU. Play it out of enjoyment, not compentition and you will always have a smile on your face.

Your life comes first then your gaming can come next, or on your free time.

MayLee
Nov 16, 2006, 11:38 AM
*Gives Ryo a freshly baked brownie*

...Which remindes me to make some tonight..>.<

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 11:44 AM
Prioritys in Jai's life:

College
Job
Work
Bills/rent

See simple and easy.

15 hours of playing psu a week.
8hrs during the weekend.

If thats not having a life then nothing is.

justincase
Nov 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
thanx ryo thats a really good point..... FOR ME TO POOP ON! j/k lol! but really your right i just need to relax and enjoy it at my own pace.

*justincase*

Norcel122
Nov 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-11-16 08:07, justincase wrote:
Man it is so sad ive had psu since like two days after its NA release. and im lvl 16. between work, school, my girlfriend, and sports(wrestling) i have such little time left over for it. how i long to expirence the vast weapons and pa's attached to them. i havent even been through all the missions yet. o well i guess. thanksgiving is around the corner, maybe ill have a good amount of time to really get things going.

*justincase*

Get used to it. I'm the same way, but instead of sports , it's band. But, our time to play will come. Don't worry.

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 16, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-11-16 08:44, JaiBlue wrote:
Prioritys in Jai's life:

College
Job
Work
Bills/rent

See simple and easy.

15 hours of playing psu a week.
8hrs during the weekend.

If thats not having a life then nothing is.

I second that.

Abeatron
Nov 16, 2006, 11:56 AM
I don't know about you all, but my GF actually just has to accept the fact that i want to play some , and she can. Basically it's all about give and take. I need my time to play, because thats my way to refill my batteries, and she wants to go out clubbing, dancing, eating dinner with her folks and that sort of thing. So she let's me play my games once in a while, and i accompany her (or att least tries not to get to jealous when she goes alone). It's as easy as that, no problems, just communication. i get to play, although not as much as i want, but then i wouldn't eat, or go to school or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abeatron on 2006-11-16 09:04 ]</font>

Skyly
Nov 16, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-11-16 08:23, SleazyDZ wrote:

Owned!!! I'm LV40 along with a Lv19 Beast Hunter. School, work, and girlfriend, on off-days I just play ALL day. Its a great accomplishment.

Ryogen
Nov 16, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-11-16 08:45, justincase wrote:
thanx ryo thats a really good point..... FOR ME TO POOP ON! j/k lol! but really your right i just need to relax and enjoy it at my own pace.

*justincase*

That's right man.

On 2006-11-16 08:38, MayLee wrote:
*Gives Ryo a freshly baked brownie*

...Which remindes me to make some tonight..>.<

Haven't had a brownies in a while.

Thrash777
Nov 16, 2006, 12:06 PM
There is a way to solve this problem:

Get your girlfriend addicted to PSU too! Then you can play together!

FrogKicker
Nov 16, 2006, 12:42 PM
Met my wife when I was 16, married her when I was 17. I am now 27 and we are still growing strong. And no...we didn't get married because we had a kid. We still don't have children and don't plan to for a couple more years. It helps alot if your g/f likes games too. Hell, my wife still kicks my ass in SSBM...

Mr_Krull
Nov 16, 2006, 12:59 PM
BAH! life is overrated! just like "social interaction" it makes me sick! haha

Akagi
Nov 16, 2006, 02:05 PM
Ugh, I'm a level 17 Newman force and I have a girlfriend who complains that I play the game too much. lol, if she had any idea about how much other people play maybe she'll be quiet about it.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 16, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-11-16 08:29, JaiBlue wrote:

I met my wife when I was 18, and she was about a month away from 17 when we started dating. Like Frogkicker up there, we don't have kids, nor do we plan to any time soon. We're still waiting for that elusive "financial stability".

On 2006-11-16 09:06, Thrash777 wrote:
There is a way to solve this problem:

Get your girlfriend addicted to PSU too! Then you can play together!

My wife used to play PSO with me, and has picked up PSU now, as well. The arrangement works rather well.

All that asside...

You're not alone here, justincase. I've got an hour-long commute to get to work, a wife that always wants to be picked up or driven somewhere, PSO World to patrol, a dozen (it seems) creative projects to work on, appointments to meet, and then I want to play Story Mode, too. I've had the game since the beta, and I'm still only barely level 20.

Just hang in there, and play when you can. The important thing is that you enjoy it.

Spacepest
Nov 16, 2006, 04:57 PM
Damn...all I can say is...don't any of your girlfriends have hobbies?

Date someone who has thier own interests, and then play when they are doing those things. You'll have your own time for gaming guilt free!

(BTW i'm a female gamer and I'd be absolutely pissed off if someone hovered around me constantly while I was trying to play a few hours of PSU here and there. Dammit, don't you have a life of your own!? I could never date another person again whose sole purpose was to hang out with me 24/7. )

Rageking
Nov 16, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-11-16 13:57, Spacepest wrote:

Date someone who has thier own interests, and then play when they are doing those things. You'll have your own time for gaming guilt free!

(BTW i'm a female gamer and I'd be absolutely pissed off if someone hovered around me constantly while I was trying to play a few hours of PSU here and there. Dammit, don't you have a life of your own!? I could never date another person again whose sole purpose was to hang out with me 24/7. )

Agreed

myomer
Nov 16, 2006, 08:03 PM
Wife and kids, and work. But I do have two level 15s (solo for me on one, pair up with the wife on the other). Not so bad being that low, allows you to wait for content. Other priorities in life definitely more important. PSU is icing on the cake, and a cake full of icing is just too icky.

Errrr......... hm. Yeah I'll stick with that analogy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

littleman2347
Nov 16, 2006, 08:28 PM
talk to them on the phone and play : P

worked for me

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 08:31 PM
I don't work all to often but get paid like I do; don't watch much TV; and my girlfriend is currently resting in a cemetery.

I think my life is pretty OK for PSU and other games.

Garroway
Nov 16, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-11-16 13:57, Spacepest wrote:

Word.

I absolutely hate it when I'm trying to play video games and my wife is watching. She always finds a way to ruin it for me. I've taken to only playing games after she and the kids are asleep.

Dennis Leary was 100% correct when he said that the key to a successful marriage was to stay the fuck away from each other as much as possible.