PDA

View Full Version : Alternate DNS gateway, Faster loading "less Hammering"

Blackwidow007
Nov 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
Here a little Tip for Lagers and has well less disconnection Request.

1. From the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade.
2. Select Network Settings
3. Select Edit Settings
4. Select DNS Settings
5. Select Manual Settings
6. Input:
4.2.2.1 for the primary DNS number
4.2.2.2 as the secondary DNS number.

Pro:
Faster Loading/ Smood Connection
Less disconnection Request

Con:
Could have problem with other online games ( simply Redo automatic )

It will not Fix the "Request" bug but will help a little bit for a faster transfer between
you and Sega Server.
Meaning less packing "hammering" and a smoother transaction.

Sychosis
Nov 16, 2006, 11:59 AM
Was the business of "It may or may not screw up voice chat" settled? I'd love to try it, but not having my mic on me in 5 seconds has led to many bootings. Lord knows what'll happen if voice chat is not usuable at all for me...

Blackwidow007
Nov 16, 2006, 12:42 PM
--->Has anyone been able to confirm voice functionality with this yet?

<---Right now the Voice Communicator is bugged and have nothing to do with connection.
Next update will probably fix it. ( same goes for the "Go visit Recently Room" or "Visitor Log" Freeze ).

--->Also, I'm assuming you'll have to change your DNS settings back to the ones provided by your ISP if you want to play any other xbox live games?

<---No, This DNS is simply a alternate gateway ( Faster ).
But indeed, some people might have problems with Xbox live connectivity.
Simply Redo to Automatic.

------------------------

MechaCrash:
--->Be warned that it could kill off your voice chat. If it does, you'll have to set it back to manual.

<---Well actually it is a bug need to be fixed... it occur most of the time when Both Players Use Xbox live chat communication while on a mission rather using the PSU Voice chat.

Simply ( for some it worked )
Clear Storage Caches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwidow007 on 2006-11-16 09:44 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 16, 2006, 01:22 PM
Uhh... the infamous 4.2.2.* servers are way LESS likely to work quickly. Nearly everyone uses those servers. The only reason they'd be faster is if your ISP's DNS really sucks.

"Automatic" acquires DNS from your local DHCP server (or BootP, I'm told). Most of the time, this will be closer on your network and thus faster.