PDA

View Full Version : So I can't decide on my melee weapon...

Nestahima
Nov 16, 2006, 04:18 PM
I've been switching inbetween whether I want to make my Hunter a Fortefighter or a Figunner.

I personally liked the sword, and the spear, but I didn't really like the PAs. The damage and style on the weapons were good, however.

As for the Dagger/machine gun(or pistol) combo, I like it, but I find it fairly weak. I love the PA though. I also like the Dual Dagger and the Dual Saber set up, but I find the Dual Saber's PA weak, and the Daggers damage lacking.

I just can't seem to figure out my personal style.

BloodDragoon
Nov 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
Depends on what lvl you've gotten your PA's to. Rising Crush is lackluster damage wise at first but does a fair amount at lv 20. But then that kinda goes for all PA's with the exception of ones on weapons with a high base damage like sword or spear but then those just grow to do even more damage later. Also exploiting elemental weaknesses boosts PA damage quite a bit.

Maskim
Nov 16, 2006, 04:26 PM
Use em all! That's what I do. I basically rotate between 3 weapons: Sword, Twin Sabers, and Dual Daggers. It's no as expensive as it might seem, as since I use multiple weapons, with the pa's built on each one, I don't cary around 2 or 3 of a weapon like ome hunters. 1 (or 2 if it is your favorite) of each is more than enough. If I run out of PP on my sword, then I switch to daggers or sabers. I've yet to run out of all 3 on a run.

As to going fortefigher or figunner, I personall chose to go Figunner. The double sabers and S ranks having nothing to do with the choice, just the fact that I could use all my melee weapons I love so much (even though some be at only an A rank), but to get twin handguns too. WEEEE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Randomness
Nov 16, 2006, 04:26 PM
Dus Daggas=pwnage imo. Also, lancanatas, the 3 star Yohmei spear, have the ability to silence. Of all the melee weapons, spears are my favorite.

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2006, 05:30 PM
Wait, did you just say you didn't like either of the spear PAs? You saw that one where you go stab crazy and do 8 attacks with a weapon designed for three attacks, and that PA where you swing a single target weapon around 360 degrees, hitting three targets each time? And you didn't like any of those?

Eh, I have a lance fetish, I'm sure I'm just biased. But still, spears are flipping sweet!

Nestahima
Nov 16, 2006, 05:52 PM
I dislike the linear spear attacks in comparison to the horizontal 360 degree sword PA. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 07:04 PM
Dual Dagger. Screw the others. Everything dies before they hit you so CC from Dual Sabers is pointless.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 16, 2006, 08:44 PM
Duals daggers are so broken overpowered

BloodDragoon
Nov 16, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-11-16 17:44, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Duals daggers are so broken overpowered

They'll be saying that about other weapons later as more PA's become available. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryoga4523
Nov 16, 2006, 08:52 PM
yeah.. I saw the website that had most of the weps PA's... and my jaw dropped on some errr.. most of them. I am know thinking of switching between guntecher and protranser. Because there are way too many figunners and fortefighters.

MazingerZ
Nov 16, 2006, 09:33 PM
I know this isn't one of your choices but I have PLENTY of fun with fists. They aren't really efficient, but I have lots of fun with them.

Xeraphim
Nov 16, 2006, 11:09 PM
I had a similar problem, mainly for my expert class. I love using spears because of their quick damage that can link. Dual Sabers are just stylish and the PA when levelled can do some wicked damage. Dual Daggers for the quick AOE pain and they also have their own style. I say, use everything. There's no limit to weapons you can have, and you can have alot of PAs.