PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal that the fighting seems so slow?

Cry0
Nov 16, 2006, 04:48 PM
Hmm. I just got psu (yay for me). And I was wondering, is it normal that it runs so slow? don't get me wrong, my game run at a respectable 40-60 frames per second. But what I mean is, the game itself, is it normal that the fighting and the running seem so slow (the animation)? maybe I'm just confused, or need to get used to it, or i'm used to god of war, but even pso seemed to run faster. another thing that bugs me, npc's in my party always seem to be able to run faster then me. eg, i run a bit forward, and they catch up really quick, then they walk, then catch up real quick. this also relates to the slowness im talking about. is that normal?

so in conclusion, is it normal that the fighting seems so slow? and is it normal that npc's (karen erra, and the narcist dude) run faster then you?

--
Mod edit: fix title.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-16 17:25 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
seems like your not actually getting the 40-60fps u say u are.

Randomness
Nov 16, 2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, try setting frameskip to 3.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
frameskip 3 is harsh lol, try 1

Reeses
Nov 16, 2006, 04:57 PM
Mine did the same thing... and I set it to framskip 3. Works like a dream now.

DizzyDi
Nov 16, 2006, 04:58 PM
I read this topic as fatness of PSU and was prepared to bring of all the fat characters I've seen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Maybe another day.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2006, 04:58 PM
There's a few options here.

1. Get a new, BETTER graphics card.
2. Change the resolution.
3. Change the graphics setting in the "Options" of the menu of PSU.

Now if you're out on cash, I suggest you do BOTH 2 and 3. You shouldn't need to frameskip at all, if you don't mind the lower resolution. And, it helps if you have other programs closed.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 16, 2006, 05:00 PM
you could give this a shot, it helped me alot. i run lagfree now
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=game-gen&message.id=55416

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 07:46 PM
Turn post effects off.

BioWarrior
Nov 16, 2006, 08:10 PM
If you have it on frame skip 0... try bumping it down to 1 first, thats pretty much the biggest difference between normal and high settings lol

Saner
Nov 16, 2006, 10:30 PM
if you think the action is slow you haven't played FF11. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Xbob
Nov 16, 2006, 10:33 PM
Frame skip at 0 on a non-super video card will result in 60 FPS fairly solid, but at a very slow speed of game. Frame skip 1, for most people, offers a good balance of speed and quality animation.

BioWarrior
Nov 17, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-11-16 19:33, Xbob wrote:
Frame skip at 0 on a non-super video card will result in 60 FPS fairly solid, but at a very slow speed of game. Frame skip 1, for most people, offers a good balance of speed and quality animation.

Ya thats so very true, with a radeon 9800pro and barely recommended specs. I can run it nearly maxed out as long as I keep it on frame skip 1. Only really hick-ups when norton wants to update virus definitions, which is more so my PC slowing down and not the game.

Vorpal
Nov 17, 2006, 12:20 AM
It might be normal, since PA's make you fast. Or you've been playing with God/Battle way too long in PSO lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-16 21:21 ]</font>

Ether
Nov 17, 2006, 12:24 AM
PSU does not have automatic frameskip. If you're running at 40 fps, it essentially means that everything is moving 2/3rds of the intended speed

Gotta set frameskip down to 1, as long as you can maintain a solid 30 fps it'll be fine

PMB960
Nov 17, 2006, 01:40 AM
Even with my X1800 it slows down. And my frames never drop from 60 but it sometimes slows because of lag. Much of it is server lag if you play on Universe 1 since it is always filled. You think that paying $10 a month would allow them to get decent servers. And my frames never drop from 60 but it sometimes slows because of lag. And setting it to frame skip one made everything go super speed on me and everything was jumping around and I had no clue what was happening.

Bleemo
Nov 17, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-11-16 13:48, Cry0 wrote:
Hmm. I just got psu (yay for me). And I was wondering, is it normal that it runs so slow? don't get me wrong, my game run at a respectable 40-60 frames per second. But what I mean is, the game itself, is it normal that the fighting and the running seem so slow (the animation)? maybe I'm just confused, or need to get used to it, or i'm used to god of war, but even pso seemed to run faster. another thing that bugs me, npc's in my party always seem to be able to run faster then me. eg, i run a bit forward, and they catch up really quick, then they walk, then catch up real quick. this also relates to the slowness im talking about. is that normal?

so in conclusion, is it normal that the fighting seems so slow? and is it normal that npc's (karen erra, and the narcist dude) run faster then you?

I don't believe you're providing enough information. It's confusing. Do you mean you're experiencing slow downs? Is this just a complaint? Or some other issue?

Explain in more detail what exactly happens when the game appears slow to you. If possible, watch your CPU usage while playing the game to see if you see any unusual spikes. Make sure everything that may cause the game to slow down in the background is closed.

More information would be helpful.