PDA

View Full Version : multiple classes on same character (extended)

galaxy
Nov 16, 2006, 06:42 PM
I made a post about this a little bit ago, but i can't seem to find it anymore, and i wanted to discuss something a little new anyways.

So, I plan to level multiple classes on my main character (originally i planned to specialize 4 different characters with only one class, but thats no fun). I wanted to share exactly what i was going to do, get feedback, and also hear what other ways people are going to develop multiple classes. now, without further ado:

I have a Male newman. He will predominantly be playing fortetecher, but will dabble as a wartecher, and at times, a figunner. How can you grow three different classes all efficiently, you say? well, here's how!

I plan to get every force spell, once released, except for the debuffs. As a fortetecher, I don't think it's terribly effective to damage, heal, buff, and debuff all together. Besides, in PSO, i found debuffing a waste of time for forces, and better left to melee classes who could still use techniques (like HUnewearl). I'd rather buff my team and focus on damage then worry about debuffing and devoting less time to my other jobs.

this leaves me six more PA's to take. These aren't set in stone, but i think i'd go for 1 double saber PA, 1 saber PA, 2 dagger PA's and 2 double dagger PAs.

The dagger PA's are primarily for the wartecher. now, this class will be played primarily with heals and buffs, as well as gi-level spells when we need to occasionally paralyze or freeze enemies, and then focusing on dagger abilities.

The figunner is primarily there for two reasons. I know im going to get an urge to use a double saber every now and then, so I want figunner mostly for that one weapon. also, im upset that wartecher can only get weapon skills to 20 (i wish it were 21! urgh), since i really want to have the third part of the PA's for my weapons. So figunner will be there so that i can level all those weapons to 30 and use them when i get the urge.

and there you have it. fortetecher is just as effective as any other, wartecher won't be debuffing really, but has all the buffs and the S rank weapons, and will still be perfectly effective. Figunner is just there for fun, not for any serious play, but can still work.

thoughts? other combinations?

Spectral
Nov 16, 2006, 06:47 PM
WTF is debuffing???

Ryoga4523
Nov 16, 2006, 06:50 PM
ROFL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^

Grr
Nov 16, 2006, 06:51 PM
Making the monster less strong.

And your playing every class im not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif (Fortegunner and Guntecher hear , although i may make my alt a Fortefighter)

watashiwa
Nov 16, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-11-16 15:42, galaxy wrote:
Besides, in PSO, i found debuffing a waste of time for forces, and better left to melee classes who could still use techniques (like HUnewearl). I'd rather buff my team and focus on damage then worry about debuffing and devoting less time to my other jobs.

Well, I guess casting two spells per wave of monster is hard work.. compared to only having to cast Shifta and Deband every now and then.

Very good point, especially when the other classes have weaker debuffs than you.

*sigh* If only I could turn back time and stop my force from constantly casting Jellen and Zalure.. You know.. to focus on improving the damage of everyone in the party.. =(

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 07:30 PM
Don't worry, fellas. I'm not gonna gimp my S/D or J/L as a Guntecher. From what i've read the spells don't get more potent with level. Only the duration lasts longer. I'm not noting much boost offline to tell for sure, but i'll definately keep these spells up if the Fortechers are too wrapped up in awe at their sexy new Tier 3 spells. :3

I make no promises though. Those tier 3s are very beautiful so even I may be a little late in the buffs. >___>

BloodDragoon
Nov 16, 2006, 07:35 PM
*Fortecher starts casting tier 3 spell*
*Hunter uses PA to punt monsters to the other side of the room*
*Fortecher spell hits nothing*
Fortecher: #@(*!
Hunter: Umm it looked cool tho... >.>

Have Hunter 10 Ranger 5 on my main atm. Have thought about getting it 10/10/10. The force levels would be interesting tho since it's a Caseal.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 07:45 PM
On 2006-11-16 16:35, BloodDragoon wrote:
*Fortecher starts casting tier 3 spell*
*Hunter uses PA to punt monsters to the other side of the room*
*Fortecher spell hits nothing*
Fortecher: #@(*!
Hunter: Umm it looked cool tho... >.>

Have Hunter 10 Ranger 5 on my main atm. Have thought about getting it 10/10/10. The force levels would be interesting tho since it's a Caseal.

You've got time to hit 10 on all 3 jobs, especially if you leech Grove of Fanatics A as a FOcast. 18 Class Points and it can be done in 30ish minutes with a leech? Oh hell yes. I plan to leech with my Force. Only interested in Resta, Reverser, S/D, J/Z, and the other light-spell line. Don't care for the damage ones. I'll just grab a couple bows and own things from the corner.

But FOcasts are extremely good forces. Even if they are gimped as far as damage goes. I love them to death. :3

galaxy
Nov 16, 2006, 10:20 PM
Ok let me rephrase what I've said...i didnt mean to come of saying it was a waste of time to cast jellen and zalure. they are certainly very effective spells that would benefit the party. but, from my experience in PSO, the difference in killing speed and damage taken wasn't very noticable when shifta and deband were up. Maybe i'm just completely blind to it, or would rather focus my efforts on doing my own damage, but I've never found a use for jellen/zalure. that might make me a gimp force, but i found myself to be a very effective player, I just spent my time doing the other jobs more.