PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think makes the best brand of weapons?

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 06:45 PM
Pretty self explantory. Now discuss about. >_<

http://www.psupedia.org/images/thumb/9/9c/Weapons.jpg/800px-Weapons.jpg

Kubara FTW!

Candor
Nov 16, 2006, 06:49 PM
uh, depends on the weapon. Guns = yohmei, melee = tenora (general rule).

Yay kubara

Nestahima
Nov 16, 2006, 06:49 PM
GRM.

JaiBlue
Nov 16, 2006, 06:52 PM
We seriously need a better looking rod. >_<

Flamingo99
Nov 16, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-11-16 15:52, JaiBlue wrote:

Well, i think we will eventually get the rods that the guards use on Neudaiz (the fanatics mission).

For stat purposes.... I normally choose GRM.
For looks.... I like Youmei blades and Tenora Guns.

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 06:58 PM
Yohmei because Asian crafted weapons looks so nice. The only reason I have a preference with them.

Flunky
Nov 16, 2006, 07:00 PM
Depends on the individual weapon, strategy, etc. Of course I can't say I use Tenora for much right now, but after the ol' patch I'll put a few tenora pistols into my repertoire and maybe one Tenora melee... if I do that, I'll be using all three companies in both melee and ranged.

After all, each company serves a certain style of fighting ('balanced'/PAs out the wazoo/hard-hitting 'specialty' usage weapons).

Don't have much experience with Kubara, so I can't say anything about 'em yet.

Candor
Nov 16, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-11-16 16:00, Flunky wrote:

Kubara's the "joke" company, the flourecent bulb, the real handgun, etc.

Feelmirath
Nov 16, 2006, 07:16 PM
On 2006-11-16 16:07, Candor wrote:

On 2006-11-16 16:00, Flunky wrote:

Can't say the same about Alteric >_>

Seriously though, Yohmei ftw. More PP = more ownage. Plus, I think they look better than the others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 07:19 PM
I'm sure i'd love Kubara if I could freaking find Gun boards with ??? Wood on them. All I ever find are ones that have the wood listed. I want the uber Kubara 6* versions. ; ;

Anybody know where to get these online? At the moment I absolutely love Yohmei for my guns. I'd probably love Kubara if I could every find the boards...

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2006, 07:26 PM
I prefer Yomei for the high PP to spam. ;]

Genobee
Nov 16, 2006, 07:26 PM
For hunters I suggest Tenora, even for guns. Rangers Yohemi guns, and Tenora melee, Forces Yohemi every thing pretty much.

But it depends on your play style.

shojumaru
Nov 16, 2006, 07:38 PM
As a hunter, Tenora. Just carry a bunch, then PP isn't a problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shojumaru on 2006-11-16 16:39 ]</font>

jarek99
Nov 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
Hmm, thats too bad for you. The ladies always have nice things to say about my rod!

Flunky
Nov 16, 2006, 07:45 PM

While most of their products tend to be the joke stuff, Kubara's not the 'joke' company. If I remember right the name literally means 'other'- you go to Kubara's grinding center if you want to grind something not so much that THEY made, but that no other company made.

Most joke weapons fall under this category (after all, no self-respecting weapons manufacturer would make the real hand gun), but other, more unique weapons also fall under this category... weapons like the Vahra Claws, if I remember right.

What I meant about not having much experience was more to do with their play style. The only Kubara weapon I've seen online so far is the bulb- high ATP, decent PP and damn low ATA. Grinding will raise that high ATP to a level comparable to B-class weapons.

Are the other Kubara weapons available online right now (like the pistatorec or the Alteric, methinks) similar in ATP, PP, and ATA?

chewydawg
Nov 16, 2006, 07:48 PM
smart guys... didnt yu guys know that

Tenora: averge pp Highest strength low accrucy

GRM: LOWEST Accrucy(I checked) Average strength Average pp

Yohmei: lowest strength highest pp average accrucy
GRM is worst for rangers even tenora is better

Maskim
Nov 16, 2006, 07:56 PM
Kubara's pirated weapons.

Fight the power!!

darthplagis
Nov 16, 2006, 08:07 PM
kubara when i have the choice usually PP is higher as well as ATP, but out of the 3 main yohmei for blades and tenora for hand guns (gotta love that look!) and wands (again im a looks whore)

Schubalts
Nov 16, 2006, 08:12 PM
Manufacturers do not have the same stat ratio on EVERY weapon type...

Garroway
Nov 16, 2006, 08:13 PM
I tend to go with the weapons manufacturer for whichever race I'm playing (ie my cast uses GRM and my Newman uses Yohmei). You have to support your local business right?

For the record I went with GRM as I like the look of them a little better.

BloodDragoon
Nov 16, 2006, 08:17 PM
now if they'd make a pic like that to show all the A rank variants of each weapon.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 08:18 PM
I just have one problem with twin handguns by Yohmei. I made fun of Rizen because he was dual weilding Pricecheckers, but now that i'm doing the same I kind of want to apologize. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

...kind of. Almost. >.>

Seriously... why do they have to look like that? >.<

Grand_Rider
Nov 16, 2006, 08:20 PM
In such matters my decision is usually based purely on aesthetics. To that end I like the design of the Tenora Works brand of Sword, Handgun and Mechgun; they look powerful and aggressive to my eyes, what with their handguns looking like “Magnum” revolvers and their Mechguns appearing similar to the “AK47”, both notoriously effective weapons.

However, I especially don't like the tribal motif on all of Tenora Works equipment. The minimalist in me just doesn't appreciate all those raw stripes, which is also why I'm not keen on Yohmei equipment as they're another extreme in that their line of weapons are very ornate looking with their use of lots of gold with little or no silver which to me portrays an emphasis on appearing classical and somewhat archaic.

So I’ve decided to use GRM products exclusively when I finally receive my copy of PSU as, in my opinion, their brand represents the sleek futuristic style of the Phantasy Star universe. They’re designs are stylish with their heavy use of silver yet also very symmetrical, which gives them an elegant, progressive charm that suits my tastes more than the other brands.

BloodDragoon
Nov 16, 2006, 08:25 PM
GRM visual design IMO was to somewhat closely resemble original PSO weaponry of their type. But maybe thats just me.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 16, 2006, 09:14 PM
Tenora is superior to all weapons at high lvls, who cares about max pp when you have six or more weapons on you

Its like this

Grm: Lowest accuracy, medium damage, medium pp

Yohmie: Lowest damage, medium accuracy, highest pp

Tenora Works: Highest damage, Highest accuracy(pwned), lowest PP(irrelivent thanks to photon charges and multiple weapons on you)

Tenora also wins by far on looks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-16 18:15 ]</font>

Ceresa
Nov 16, 2006, 09:32 PM
When you get to A rank the comparisons don't matter as each weapon type becomes specific to one company.

GRM makes swords, sabers, double sabers, twin sabers, handguns, machine guns, rifles, laser cannons, twin handguns

Youmei makes Daggers, Claws, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw, Cards, Longbows, Wands, Rods

Tenora makes Spears, Knuckles, Axes, Shotguns, Crossbow, Grenade Launcher

The only exceptions are Kubara for 8star guns and the Claire/Crea weapons.

Of course this may change in the future(if any sega dev has any ambition whatsoever), but this is how it is as of the expert class patch.

MazingerZ
Nov 16, 2006, 09:35 PM
I, personally like GRM all around, simple and work pretty well. Always use GRM for guns, and sometimes Tenora for melee.

Kent
Nov 16, 2006, 11:46 PM
GRM, by far, unless I'm going for Force-only weapons (where the TP stat is basically irrelevant when comparing two same-star weapons), in which case, Yohmei is my preferred choice.

Tenora... I'll have to wait and see, once Moatoob is released. So far, all of the Tenora Works weapons I've used, have had way too little PP on them, to be efficient for normal usage, even if the damage and accuracy are generally higher. Only exception I've seen, is on spears.

Genobee
Nov 17, 2006, 12:03 AM
The only thing I would say about Tenora is, If your a Hunter and your not using a Tenora Pistol in your Pistol Melee combo your pretty much gimping your self.

Zorafim
Nov 17, 2006, 12:29 AM
I like the Yohmei company, mostly because of looks. The higher PP is also something I like. But mainly the looks.

AnamanaAU
Nov 17, 2006, 12:33 AM
GRM, but it may change when I can see Tenora weapons better. I don't like having little PP.

Remedy
Nov 17, 2006, 01:03 AM
Yohmei > *

KiteWolfwood
Nov 17, 2006, 01:37 AM
Eh. This is a tough question. Yohmei an GRM I would have to say just because I don't like the low pp on Tenora as a ranger.

Nani-chan
Nov 17, 2006, 02:02 AM
For me I'm Yohmei Ranger. I tend to grind to (5) and it's just the stats and the PP regeneration that I love.

Pengfishh
Nov 17, 2006, 02:21 AM
I use both Yohmei and GRM, but lean more toward GRM. My Daggers are all GRM, while I prefer Yohmei Spears. Dus Daggas all day long, yes yes yes. But for the Daggers, I'm a Cast and use my Autoguns quite a bit, so the relatively low PP and ATA are generally ignorable. Plus GRMs look cooler; rather, they have better form.

Yohmei Daggers look like blobs of light and the Handguns look like Super Soakers, everything else is neato, though.

Ayrin
Nov 17, 2006, 02:32 AM
I go with tenora for my first 2 pairs of duel pistols then I go with a Yohmi as backup incase those drain.. the Yohmei can always manage to pull me threw until I get to a recharger

Khabarakh
Nov 17, 2006, 02:45 AM
tenora works 'look' sweet, yet overall for everthing, I'd say yohmei is my preference, being a pa feind and all Xp

DakZhul
Nov 17, 2006, 03:39 AM
i want a damn relic edge!...well whatever it goes to!

Ayrin
Nov 17, 2006, 04:43 AM
haha, I'm curious what it goes to as well

mogshaz
Nov 17, 2006, 05:06 AM
On 2006-11-16 17:20, Grand_Rider wrote:
In such matters my decision is usually based purely on aesthetics. To that end I like the design of the Tenora Works brand of Sword, Handgun and Mechgun; they look powerful and aggressive to my eyes, what with their handguns looking like “Magnum” revolvers and their Mechguns appearing similar to the “AK47”, both notoriously effective weapons.

However, I especially don't like the tribal motif on all of Tenora Works equipment. The minimalist in me just doesn't appreciate all those raw stripes, which is also why I'm not keen on Yohmei equipment as they're another extreme in that their line of weapons are very ornate looking with their use of lots of gold with little or no silver which to me portrays an emphasis on appearing classical and somewhat archaic.

So I’ve decided to use GRM products exclusively when I finally receive my copy of PSU as, in my opinion, their brand represents the sleek futuristic style of the Phantasy Star universe. They’re designs are stylish with their heavy use of silver yet also very symmetrical, which gives them an elegant, progressive charm that suits my tastes more than the other brands.

Actually i think the Tenora mechine gun looks more like an MP-5 than an AK-47

Kakashi_Xero
Nov 17, 2006, 05:13 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Hmm, thats too bad for you. The ladies always have nice things to say about my rod!

i was waiting for the pun on that one....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kakashi_Xero on 2006-11-17 02:15 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 17, 2006, 05:25 AM
From what I've seen, Yohmei

Kismet
Nov 17, 2006, 05:37 AM
Yohmei and Tenora LOOK better, but GRM is more balanced PP and attack-wise, since Tenora more power-orientated and Yohmei is more mental-orientated.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 17, 2006, 06:54 AM
I like the look of Yohmei weapons, too bad that they're ATP isn't as good as the others. I like Tenora weapons for performance, and the sabers which pretty much look like Yohmei sabers.

JaiBlue
Nov 17, 2006, 03:02 PM
So far, all i've seen is florescent bulb.

Lastat27
Nov 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
It's been said only once before in this thread but it should be noted again.

PP Usage
Tenora Quantity > Yohmei Quality

As long as you own enough Tenora weapons to get through even the longest PSU level, then Tenora Works has no competition at all (between the three companies).

Highest ATA, Highest ATP, lowest PP.

You say you can spam more PA's by using Yohmei weapons, but you can spam just as many with Tenora, you just need a few more weapons.

Also, everyone should own at LEAST one Tenora, even if you don't like them. Thus giving you more damage and accuracy on boss fights in which it's hard to run out of PP before it's death occurs.

Ruby-chan
Nov 17, 2006, 03:58 PM
They all have a decent look to them, but if I was going to pick weapons I tend to pick Tenora Works for Melee weapons, GRM for Ranged weapons, and Yohmei for force weapons.

The low PP of a Tenora Works melee weapons isn't such a big problem considering every skill you use is more effective, and you can always recharge at cubes our use photon charges. You'll get lots more reliable usage out of this weapon, why sacrifice attack power and accuracy just for a temporay boost which is based on your attack power and accuracy?

The balanced stats of GRM weapons makes them a good choice for ranged weapons because of the amount of PP you'll be using. Youmei is a good choice too but the boost in PP isn't worth it for how poor each shot that weapon fires will be.

And for forces, well, Youmei all the way. They give you the photon points for your techs that you simply need to have as a force.