PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you to get what you want?

MayLee
Nov 16, 2006, 08:49 PM
I want to know how long it takes for people's "quest" or goals to be a success. What I'm saying is when it comes to buying things, do you think some of the things are a bit unfair in price?

Right now, my goal in buying something is buying the Classia Tunic and boots. The Tunic is about 10K Last night I just got to 10K but blew it on armor and Synthing items so it's taking me longer, but that's okay me guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

How about you?

littleman2347
Nov 16, 2006, 08:51 PM
a while

Randomness
Nov 16, 2006, 08:51 PM
It takes me a couple days, took a while to save the 23k for Alteric, a couple days for shop, and so on.

Maskim
Nov 16, 2006, 08:54 PM
It depends on how many things I've got on my 'wants' list. I've filled them all at this point, excepting some new threads. That has to wait on the threads I want being made available via update though...so in the mean time my pm is just hoarding every meseta I earn to make sure I have enough. I'd hate to have 30grand saved up to go to the store and find out the set I want costs 35 or 40.

Invisus
Nov 16, 2006, 08:57 PM
I churn through 100k+ daily on random crap I could never possibly need along with leveling my mag. Save everything you get unless you desperately NEED an upgrade. Buy a shop and dump it all in there over and over. I have to come up with ways to spend money >.>

Parn
Nov 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
Only thing I want are swimming trunks. That's it. The rest is icing on the cake.

BloodDragoon
Nov 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
Depends on the level of the quest or goal. Completing storyline missions in FFXI, not that long, Getting a Maat's Cap in FFXI... eh only about haflway there lol. PSU goals have been fairly short and simplistic much like they were on PSO (Aside from physically finding and storing every rare item in the GC version... >.>) Atm all I really want in PSU is a Teroline but I'm not in the mood to pay the ludicrous prices posted for them atm in shops. Maybe I'll go hunting for the board and try making my own. I'm not really short on armor materials tho I tend to use alot of my striking weapon materials on a regular basis.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 16, 2006, 09:01 PM
Right now i have all the weapons i need, now im just stuffing my PM and halfway thourhg its evolution

it doesnt take me long at all to get what i need, player shops have dirt cheap stuff right now so everything is easy to get, i also dont go wasting all my money on overpriced A swords

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-16 18:05 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 16, 2006, 09:11 PM
I would like to add that the other thing on my want list, a GH 430, has taken me since a couple days after launch and will take another week tops to finish, at a leisurely pace. Formerly leisurely, anyways. I'm trying to pump in 8k a day now.

Seyren
Nov 16, 2006, 10:59 PM
It takes me about a day or two to get what I want at any one particular time. I pace myself and set the realistic stuff first so I'm always successful. It doesn't become a "want" until I'm sure it can be done. That being said, my next "want" is to get my PM to it's first evolution(I've been kind of cheap and lazy about that)by the end of the weekend.

McLaughlin
Nov 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
I had 160k and didn't know what to do with it.

Bought myself a 50% Fire Durandal, a 44% Light Durandal and a few Relic Edges.

I now have 36k. No biggie. I don't need to buy anything. But that guy had such great Durandals O_O I couldn't resist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hucast21
Nov 16, 2006, 11:36 PM
I make about ~30k+ day on my shop. I run De Regan A a couple of times to get the Teroline/Midiline board, sell each for 30k easy. Open a shop to sell good gear at reasonable prices and watch meseta rain from the money gods.

Opening up a shop was the best investment I made in PSU. I wish I opened one earlier when I had the chance.

February
Nov 17, 2006, 12:18 AM
I got almost all of the classica shorts with in a fewdays of eachother >_< so it doesn't take m e toolong to save up money.

(Forgive errors, keyboard isn't working well)

Remedy
Nov 17, 2006, 12:42 AM
My "quest" right now is for a Me/Quick. 70+ Onma A/B runs and three drops, and I don't have one yet.

Blasted Set In Order. =/

Nani-chan
Nov 17, 2006, 12:49 AM
I farm fairly easily and I make my own weapons with my PM.. I have my armor and units until Sori-Senba is released... Looks like it's going to be 360k so am about 1/4th the way there. (I want this armor when it's released since it has all 4 slots available. (A-Rank armor))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-16 21:51 ]</font>

PaladinRPG
Nov 17, 2006, 12:52 AM
I'm still working on ,y little GH-450 PM. Just another couple of days. Then comes leveling it and making me some 5* spears/daggers I've been holding off on...

KiteWolfwood
Nov 17, 2006, 01:24 AM
First I worked towards my shop. Was pretty tough getting that first 15k. Now that I am 40 15k doesn't seem like much anymore since I can farm A mission with people. Then went to work on my PM. Tomorrow she will be a 440 which I am happy about. It kinda sucks that I can't have a pure pm and get the one I want but oh well. I guess my next goal is going to get 50.

Temari
Nov 17, 2006, 01:27 AM
I'm still looking for a Harisen Fan. >:l

Mystil
Nov 17, 2006, 01:28 AM
It's going to take another month for me to achieve a pure striking PM at the current rate that I'm feeding it. Moons = 3500 a stack. It doesn't take very long for me to get money in this game. I just have to push myself to do lots of A runs. My goal is to make myself a brand new Halbenata and hopefully start what will be a long series of halbenata making of every element. Until better spears are released.

-Crokar-
Nov 17, 2006, 01:30 AM
all i wanted was my 440 which i got today now i guess ill go for my shop. i can get that money tommarow.then i guess its time for some b rank armor which will be a big jump from the basic armor they started me with.

PaladinRPG
Nov 17, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-11-16 22:28, Silhouette wrote:
It's going to take another month for me to achieve a pure striking PM at the current rate that I'm feeding it. Moons = 3500 a stack. It doesn't take very long for me to get money in this game. I just have to push myself to do lots of A runs. My goal is to make myself a brand new Halbenata and hopefully start what will be a long series of halbenata making of every element. Until better spears are released.

Great minds think alike... that's my #1 priority when mine is done. Good luck with your PM growing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Handgun
Nov 17, 2006, 02:41 AM
The only goal i have is me/quick since i already have a pure strike/tech/armor PMs maybe range PM once i get funds...

Flunky
Nov 17, 2006, 02:48 AM
My first notably expensive goal was to get my PM up to 'battle-mode', even if the loli-bots are much less cute than the form beforehand. Been a major money sink for about the last week and a half.

The other major goal was making a gigaline, but I got pretty damn lucky and met success the first attempt (37% chance). I like to think of that as a great balance... I failed my 64% rappy statue, and succeed on a 37% gigaline. Of course, I spent more on the gigaline (bought 5 of the marseline since I had been using 'em up on synthing weapons, bought 10 of the nanocarbon).

I WOULD have major goals in new parts, but, uh, there aren't any besides the 'meh' Vilogis right now. I could get new weapons, but right now am just spending excess money trying to get the ideal color combo, heh.

DakZhul
Nov 17, 2006, 03:35 AM
ya i have no probs getting my weps and stuff...i really dont care about armor, even if i am a hunter. the only prob i got is keeping up with my buddy who seems to make meseta appear as if outta nowhere