PDA

View Full Version : Ranger: Upgrade Weaps at lev16?

myomer
Nov 16, 2006, 10:51 PM
My alt ranger is level 16 still using 3-star twin guns (Ryo-Ortotore) grinded 4x; a full palette of them. I'm sure I can grind them more to about 5 or 6x (comfortably, for me). Should I keep them or go ahead with the 4-star guns? I don't seem to have probs with Sleeping Warriors C, etc.

Because of meseta shortage I'll probably have to phase in the next level guns but am just wondering when people started to do this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 16, 2006, 11:21 PM
My weapon palette

Brahoh +6
Ryo-Ortotore +6
Ryo-Louktore +5
Ryo-Betatore +4

The last slot is a gimpy Machinegun and a retarded Saber. I never use it. It's just filler for when I get a better Machinegun and a Dagger.

At 19, my rifle does 100ish, and each round from my twins does 50ish. I'm a Newman F btw. Dunno if that matters, but yeah. I don't see myself upgrading for a while.

Nani-chan
Nov 16, 2006, 11:37 PM
It costs more to grind B weapons.. I'd wait til you can afford to have a few breaks.

DaveOnrefni
Nov 17, 2006, 01:40 AM
I ended up doing something similar, with the several pairs of 3* Twins.

...except i'm lv41 and i have about 6 Pairs of Arb Oga (Tenora 3* guns. I found them at player shops for cheap =D They're all ungrinded, as no moatoob yet) and Two pairs of B Rank dualies (GRM and Yohmei)

So that's 8 Dualies in all >.> I switch them out with other weapons as needed. (Ammo, or usefulness in combat)

Usually it keeps my Recharge cost down, unless i run out of ammo on -all- of them. then it costs quite a bit more.

myomer
Nov 17, 2006, 05:27 PM
Ok that's good to hear then. Maybe I can actually synth some of the 4-stars and get 1 or 2 in the next level or three. I usually do 25+ damage and occasionally 40 - 70 on elemental weakness/crits so I didn't think I was off by much.