PDA

View Full Version : Beast: Best Beast Form?

DakZhul
Nov 17, 2006, 04:02 AM
Let's see which beast form is the best..yes this probably has already been done before lol.And i dont care what their technical names are.

Remedy
Nov 17, 2006, 04:13 AM
IMO: Speed > Power > Invincibility > Defense

ChronoTrigga
Nov 17, 2006, 04:14 AM
I didn't even really think about it when I first chose (I chose speed) and I'm happy with the results.

Ryudo
Nov 17, 2006, 04:17 AM
Form of....AN ICE DRAGON!

Maskim
Nov 17, 2006, 04:20 AM
They're all good. Which one's best? Dunno. I voted for Defense though, cause that's what I had, because I liked the way it looked. Kinda like 2 celtic crosses, one inverted, atop each other. I like the effect too. Decent damage dealt, and next to nothing taken in return. I think the most I've yet to receive in defenseive blast form is a grand total of like 80 from the big ole' mech boss in grove of fanatics (c class as I'm not big enough to solo any other difficulty).

PaladinRPG
Nov 17, 2006, 04:21 AM
I had considered invicibility form, but after seeing some pros and cons, I chose Zeed Val as a good compromise. Less damage output and more vulnerable, but every hit (multiple bunches!) is guaranteed to land and you can block most physical attacks, too. Great for Beasts, who suffer in this department naturally...

Now if only transforming didn't make me lose my Zodiaride buff, I'd really be happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-11-17 01:30 ]</font>

Rider
Nov 17, 2006, 04:38 AM
Pink fists of fury!

Nani-chan
Nov 17, 2006, 04:42 AM
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0605/25/kelseygrammer.htm

Yoruichi
Nov 17, 2006, 04:42 AM
power is only good with a healer or a skilled attacker/non cheap boss, dead Pow beast do no damage...

Apathy
Nov 17, 2006, 04:44 AM
::shrug:: Red? its popular to be red.. Red power rangers, Red lolipops, red cars, blood is red...

StillOffline
Nov 17, 2006, 04:47 AM
On 2006-11-17 01:42, Nani-chan wrote:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0605/25/kelseygrammer.htm

perfect

Vhex
Nov 17, 2006, 08:47 AM
A. Val (red) for the win.

I can solo any boss with it. I killed the groves boss with it in 2 minutes. And it doesn't matter what people say about the time, every nanoblast is the exact same length except the blue one which is 30 seconds instead of 50. The yellow and purple are better for noobish players who can't afford good armor. Sure it's the most common, but who wouldn't want its godly power, and ability to rape bosses.

EDIT: I also rarely miss using red, thus rendering yellow useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2006-11-17 05:50 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Nov 17, 2006, 08:59 AM
I really don't see the utility of the speed form at all. Accuracy really isn't a problem with my Power form, and if you get killed in your NB form you just suck, I'm sorry, so that extra EVA is moot. Not only that but evading interrupts your attack animation so...eh.

Power form all the way.

Neith
Nov 17, 2006, 09:01 AM
Red gets hurt too much in later boss fights, but deals incredible damage.
Purple isn't for n00bs. It reduces damage to an almost non-existant level.
Yellow I've never used, but I've heard it's pretty decent.
Blue only lasts 30 seconds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Good for those 30 seconds, but doesn't give you much time to do anything.

The difference between good armour and the Defense Nanoblast is massive. I'm currently using a Megaline (not the best, I know, but still B-Rank). Without Nanoblast, Adahna in B-Rank can generally deal a few hundred damage to me a hit. With Nanoblast, it gets cut to about 50-100. Plus, I deal enough damage to almost be able to kill it. At Lv20, I was killing C-Rank Adahna before I reverted back to human form.

I realise that isn't possible with higher level bosses, but the reduction in damage you recieve I feel is worth it. Everyone uses Adaka Val though, heh.

So far, I've seen:
Red Beasts= 8
Blue Beasts= 0
Yellow Beasts= 1
Purple Beasts= 1 (and that's me ¬_¬)

I guess I just like being different ;o

RavenTW
Nov 17, 2006, 09:28 AM
Even being a fan of lycanthropy, I find the nanoblasts way too ugly to use, so I'll stick with the SUVs. But If I was to use a Beast (and it would be female, because they ALWAYS look good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ), I would go purple. Why? Purple's my favorite color. Who cares how effective you are? It's all about how awesome you look.

FrogKicker
Nov 17, 2006, 09:50 AM
<~~~~~~~ >O ~~~~~~~< (Me going against the flow)

Invincibility ftw

SinowZele
Nov 17, 2006, 09:52 AM
On 2006-11-17 01:17, Ryudo wrote:
Form of....AN ICE DRAGON!

Form of... WATER!

Seriously, Jan totally got the shaft. Jayna gets to be eagles, bears, whatever, and Jan is stuck as 'bucket of water' or 'tray of ice cubes.'

No justice.

Topic: I think Speed and Power are two of the better ones from what I've observed. Some mad damage on Power but its dangerous if they start taking damage since they can't seem to use items while in beast form.

Magician
Nov 17, 2006, 09:57 AM
I love the invincible form.

Though it doesn't deal damage like the red form, I like the fact that I don't take damage and my attack animation is never halted. And with the other forms, there's the chance you can take lethal damage, I say meh to that.

Thrash777
Nov 17, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'll go with Speed/ATA/EVP

Avoid and strike - perfect

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 17, 2006, 03:15 PM
there's no big deal in evading for a nanoblasted beast, the first 4 punches are so fast and take no PP that even if you did evade it wouldnt hurt anything really

the only problem with evading for hunters during a chain is that it wastes PP, except maybe if you evade on 3rd combo or whatever and ruin the high damage part of your chain, but nanoblasted beasts attacks all do the same damage no matter what part of the combo you are on

its almost the same thing as a force who evades whill casting a spell, big deal, you just recast it one milisecond later

for now i use red but will probably use yellow when bosses come out that dont suck like de ragan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-17 12:17 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 17, 2006, 03:44 PM
Power is the best, All the others are for noobs who don't know how to move out of the way of extremly predictable Boss attacks. I have never missied an attack in beast mode neither have I ever died. Thats because a dead boss can't hurt you.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
Speed nanoblast so i can transform into a giant monkey. I'm 100% saiyan o_O?

and btw i didnt vote cause i've never tried anything else but the speed one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2006-11-17 12:46 ]</font>

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 17, 2006, 03:51 PM
Power Owns All

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 03:54 PM
Power. Only idiots and XP leeches use the others.

Xeveous
Nov 17, 2006, 04:16 PM
Invincible Form is great for boss fights,like HIVE boss...those kickbacks...pfft dont do anything to me when i change =)