PDA

View Full Version : Update question

JTPK90
Nov 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
why were there no new weapons or any really cool stuff till next update...don't get me wrong I like the update but its missing some things

Pandemic
Nov 17, 2006, 11:14 AM
There is supposed to be another content update sometime between now and December 15th. As for your question, idk.

A2K
Nov 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
If they keep pace with the Japanese the next update with weapons, raising of the level cap, and expert classes should come in one to two weeks.

Ravennittes
Nov 17, 2006, 02:35 PM
From what I've heard it's due out a week from today (the friday after Thanksgiving).

AngelLight
Nov 17, 2006, 02:41 PM
There are new weapons....but mainly it's focused on the new shotguns. Other then that, the only new things out are Tenora varients of other brand name weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-17 11:42 ]</font>

Wakaba
Nov 17, 2006, 04:10 PM
Kinda unrelated but I don't want to make a new topic out of this.
Anyway, on PC I assume when SEGA implements new patches (new missions etc) the patcher will modify the .exe file or whatever installed in your PC.
But how does this work for PS2?

Realm
Nov 17, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-11-17 13:10, Wakaba wrote:
Kinda unrelated but I don't want to make a new topic out of this.
Anyway, on PC I assume when SEGA implements new patches (new missions etc) the patcher will modify the .exe file or whatever installed in your PC.
But how does this work for PS2?

Server side patching.

IceBurner
Nov 17, 2006, 06:22 PM
Online missions aren't stored locally and never were, even in PSO (partly why there were no missions in offline multi).

Adding content via download would only work if the servers weren't shared between PC and PS2. Since most data has to be on the PS2 disc already for efficiency's sake, there's absolutely no reason for it to be missing from the PC version.

Since story mode isn't full of gaping holes that are being filled in as the game is patched, we can safely assume PSU PC didn't ship missing content "to be added later". Patches for the PC version only update the engine for bugfixes/optimization/anti-cheating, not the content.