PDA

View Full Version : Just fought an Orgdus in Relics C

Elusivellama
Nov 17, 2006, 12:22 PM
Basically a Svaltus with red lights instead of white, much faster moving and probably more deadly. When it does the roar, you expect it to do the area of effect sword swing, but it lunges forward instead. Dropped 520 meseta... meh, maybe it drops something nicer.

Carnage781
Nov 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
which relic

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 12:01 AM
Neudaiz, since that's the only other Relics that is open.

peenk
Nov 18, 2006, 12:04 AM
Extremely lame.
If thats what ST calls "different" (bosses) than they must live pretty boring lives.
I can live with mobs being the same but bosses? Give us a break!
What gets me the most is WTF was ST team doing all this time, the game was delayed two times. Did it take them so long to resking the mob? Oh-Mai-Ghud its pathetic. .... I suppose there is always the next update but somehow, I doubt they will actually unlock anything truly unique what will WOW! PSO veterans.

Blenjar
Nov 18, 2006, 12:14 AM
The robot place in Parum...

Rip off the Temple in Neudaiz..just a reskin...
anywa I just wanted to point that out.

-- Blen

_Deliverance_
Nov 18, 2006, 12:15 AM
It's a high-quality version. I don't see what's wrong with that, since I came from ffxi. It probably has better drops.

/shrug

VanHalen
Nov 18, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-11-17 21:14, Blenjar wrote:
The robot place in Parum...

Rip off the Temple in Neudaiz..just a reskin...
anywa I just wanted to point that out.

-- Blen

no its more like parum's linear line since the female cast do the same thing as the female rouges

though i dont see people are complianing nobody complained about the reskinned rappies, and boomas, goboomas, gigobooma, evil sharks and so on from PSO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-17 21:19 ]</font>

peenk
Nov 18, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-11-17 21:18, VanHalen wrote:
though i dont see people are complianing nobody complained about the reskinned rappies, and boomas, goboomas, gigobooma, evil sharks and so on from PSO

Which is funny no?
I never did get tired of killing that mob. Perhaps expecting something more out of ST is too much, yes?
The least ST should have been able to do was visually differentiate between the mobs. They could have easily used any number of monster skins from Phantasy Star 2/3/4 games which would actually be a +. I remember first time I saw Grass-assassin (whatshisname-mob from caves that relases babies after you kill it) I had an orgasm being a HUGE fan of Phantasy Star 2 and 4. Now, ... I'd like to see some boomas/delsabers and a falz or two http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I've had enough crappy worms and flying mobs and flying bosses to last me a lifetime.
Blah blah rant rant sega's a deadbeat horse.

-Crokar-
Nov 18, 2006, 12:30 AM
its kinda like the elves on level 3 and the dwarves on level 6 all they did was rendered them a different color to save money and it was quicker

VanHalen
Nov 18, 2006, 12:39 AM
but what games dont do this. most video games have enemies that are upgraded forms of the ones from other levels. you people are acting like this game was suppose to take the place of your lives

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-17 21:40 ]</font>

peenk
Nov 18, 2006, 12:46 AM
You'd think that after v1, v2, Ep II, Ep III, Ep IV ?
Not to mention two delays, there should be some more ideas. What pisses me the most is that some people on this very forum would come up woth MORE designes than ST did in 2-3 years worth. All they had to do was make some kinda contest where people would submit some artwork/ideas and taduh!, you involve gamer community, same time which in turn saves money.
Plus ST wouldnt have to burn those calories pretending they work.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 18, 2006, 12:52 AM
Forest had 7 mobs, 2 rare spawns. Then in Ult they changed. So Forest had 18 mob types. Caves had 7 mobs, 2 rares. So 18. Mines had 7. So that makes 14. Ruins had 8. So 15. All together without bosses that makes 65 in Ep 1 alone. Hopefully I counted all that right. Feel free to correct me. But sure some were just recolored but still thats pretty good amount. Not to mention then is a bunch in Ep 2 also.

How many different mobs do we have so far in PSU? 19 on Parum? 5 on Guardian Colony? 16 on Neudaiz? I haven't done all the mission on Moatoob yet so I only know of like 8 or so there. Right there is like 48 or so different types maybe more and we still have a good amount left to be unlocked still.

VanHalen
Nov 18, 2006, 12:53 AM
now all we have to do is get sega to allow that and bam you got the ultamate online game with no re skin bosses though i dont care for re skin enemies re skin bosses are sad

peenk
Nov 18, 2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah. Reskin enemies dont bother me THAT much. Its just the stupid new desert boss thats pissing me off. A lame reskined boss.
Am I suppose to make a ranger so I can fight him or team up with other people? Thats pushing it.

VanHalen
Nov 18, 2006, 01:08 AM
what we need is a group of people as a boss similar to the vol brothers like 6 people ans its a team mission and you need at least 4 people in the mission to play it there im awesome no need to bring old PSO bosses back

Auronp
Nov 18, 2006, 01:10 AM
On 2006-11-17 21:30, -Crokar- wrote:
its kinda like the elves on level 3 and the dwarves on level 6 all they did was rendered them a different color to save money and it was quicker

Was this from Grandma's Boy? lol it sounds like a scene from there, but it still fits lol. I dont mind all this though

-Crokar-
Nov 18, 2006, 01:15 AM
yeah it pretty much the same concept and yeah it was from grandma's boy. i think it needed to be said.

A2K
Nov 18, 2006, 04:29 AM
It seems to me that Orgdus is a rare version of Svaltus there. I've done that mission several times on various difficulty ranks and have yet to see an Orgdus--it's been a Svaltus (or two) every time.

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 04:35 AM
there are 'rare' versions of Svaltus that can spawn, granted Svaltus itself isn't a boss. think of it as a 'mid-boss' style enemy. stronger than a normal enemy, weaker than a boss, not too common.

not to mention, storyline-wise, all the relics were built by the same civilization, and the Svaltus were guardians. hell, there's a hall with like 10 inactive ones you run through in story mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-18 01:36 ]</font>

Lavernius
Nov 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-11-17 21:57, peenk wrote:
Yeah. Reskin enemies dont bother me THAT much. Its just the stupid new desert boss thats pissing me off. A lame reskined boss.
Am I suppose to make a ranger so I can fight him or team up with other people? Thats pushing it.

Okay, stop whining. If you hate reskinned bosses so much, why did you like PSO so much as you previous posts suggest? I mean Dragon, Sil Dragon, Gol Dragon, and even Gal Gryphon to some extent were all the same MOB not to mention the mutated worm and Vol Opt families.

AeraLure
Nov 21, 2006, 09:59 PM
On 2006-11-17 09:22, Elusivellama wrote:
Basically a Svaltus with red lights instead of white, much faster moving and probably more deadly. When it does the roar, you expect it to do the area of effect sword swing, but it lunges forward instead. Dropped 520 meseta... meh, maybe it drops something nicer.

Orgdus drops Goldania (at least he did for me on A). The first of the three you fight on A dropped it for me, though I am sure any of them can. Others dropped ~1300 meseta. I provide a screen with the comment that I need a new video card and am getting one soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/aeralure/orgdus.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-21 19:11 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-11-21 18:47, Lavernius wrote:

Okay, stop whining. If you hate reskinned bosses so much, why did you like PSO so much as you previous posts suggest? I mean Dragon, Sil Dragon, Gol Dragon, and even Gal Gryphon to some extent were all the same MOB not to mention the mutated worm and Vol Opt families.

Uh its different when one is just the ultimate mode version of a monster in the same area and when it is two "entirely different battles" on 2 different planets. And at least Gol Dragon had enough variety to be of its own family, or at most a distant cousin [what with the splitting and the jumping up to cause a wave in the ground and the 3 different elements].

What difference is their between Dimmagolus and Omnagohg? I haven't played Omnagohg on network yet so I won't say anything at the moment.

Ryoki
Nov 21, 2006, 11:30 PM
I missed Delsaber. He owned with purple-flaming shield of death, which if you made the saber and shield, you recieved (Purple death flame was added if both were equipped.)

BTW, anyone else bothered by the fact that the new rappies have claws? I thought there were birds damnit, but it appears they are some type of fat, flightless bat. (And if one person suggests birds are mammals, I will throw you into a pit of hungry platypi. (WHICH ARE MAMMALS!)

________
Ford 999 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_999)

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:30, Ryoki wrote:
I missed Delsaber. He owned with purple-flaming shield of death, which if you made the saber and shield, you recieved (Purple death flame was added if both were equipped.)

BTW, anyone else bothered by the fact that the new rappies have claws? I thought there were birds damnit, but it appears they are some type of fat, flightless bat. (And if one person suggests birds are mammals, I will throw you into a pit of hungry platypi. (WHICH ARE MAMMALS!)

I managed to get both the Delsaber Shield and sword, they were pretty pimp [not easy when you play exclusively offline], but as a RACaseal they were useless to me so I gave them to my Humar friend.

Kaloa
Nov 21, 2006, 11:42 PM
So it DOES exist! My boyfriend and I ran into that guy while we were doing a B rank run of the relics on Parum. I kind of thought it was my imagination though, seeing as I hadn't heard the rare version mentioned on the forums before now.

Oxidation
Nov 22, 2006, 12:03 AM
Ok, so my question is "Does anyone even like fighting onmagoug or dimmagolos(spelling)?" I ran through moatoob and was sorely disappointed in the same general enemies. The big guys that jump at you were pretty cool, but pretty much every other enemy was just a reskin. I went looking for a party on moatoob in uni 1 and most were like C rank, do people not like this planet also??? As much as everyone hates doing dragon runs over and over, to me it seems actually more entertaining than chasing worms, and fighting a stupid flying boss i have to shoot with a bow before it will come down for anything more than 2 foie's.

Blu_Swade
Nov 22, 2006, 02:33 AM
I hate Ohnmagoug and Moatoob Ohnmagoug (he's too similar to deserve his own name >_<) if you've a hand gun it'll ne fine if he STOPS FLYING AROUND IN CIRCLES! Can't hit 'em half the time 'cause I go to first person and he flies away, I'm like "Dammit! Get back here you gall bucket!" I liked picking on him when I was playin' Ranger on Moatoob, every time he'd try to take off I'd shoot his wing, I shot him down like twelve times, I bet he wanted to cry XD stupid jerk...

Lavernius
Nov 23, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-11-21 19:33, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Uh its different when one is just the ultimate mode version of a monster in the same area and when it is two "entirely different battles" on 2 different planets. And at least Gol Dragon had enough variety to be of its own family, or at most a distant cousin [what with the splitting and the jumping up to cause a wave in the ground and the 3 different elements].

What difference is their between Dimmagolus and Omnagohg? I haven't played Omnagohg on network yet so I won't say anything at the moment.

First of all Dimagolus is essentially an ultimate form of Onmagohg: the same thing exept with a different element and attack pattern. And just to finish this off, PSO is dead now, so stop defending it.

VanHalen
Nov 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-11-21 19:33, Eternal_Drake wrote:

umm gol dragon and dragon maybe be different in elements w/e gol dragon's was but de ragan and de ragnus were different as well as he had fire and ice and ultimate mode was the same maybe somethings had different attacks but they had the same AI just like the monsters in this game so there is nothing to complain about in this game your still playing it and probably after i post this you are so why whine.

oh and think about it like this in all the places on earth that have cows doesnt every country have their own varient of cows? or like this cows and buffalo are reskinned animals

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-23 17:50 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 23, 2006, 09:00 PM
>.>

Moo.

Anyway, Orgdus looks pretty sweet in my opinion. I'd love to ste- I mean "borrow" his sword, and then impale him with it, for an easy KO >.>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 23, 2006, 09:15 PM

WTF, so you are still playing this game? Hahaha you SLAY me.

Ryoki
Nov 23, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:33, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-21 20:30, Ryoki wrote:

I managed to get both the Delsaber Shield and sword, they were pretty pimp [not easy when you play exclusively offline], but as a RACaseal they were useless to me so I gave them to my Humar friend.

Tell me about it. I played exclusivly offline. I had to use my friends character who was a greenil for the Buster.

________
Hot box vape (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

MXdude
Nov 23, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-11-17 21:04, peenk wrote:

What gets me the most is WTF was ST team doing all this time, the game was delayed two times.

They were making content that wouldnt even be released for 5 years http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif