PDA

View Full Version : Universe 1 Bashing

Schubalts
Nov 17, 2006, 06:18 PM
In just about every topic where it is mentioned, people are bashing universe 1. Everything from rude ***holes, sucky parties, insane leaders, whatever.

I'm wondering, where are all of these sucky people you guys party with on universe 1? Seriously, where are they? I have yet to party with anyone on universe 1 who just outright sucks, or is a complete smacktard(except for ONE person). And yes, I join random parties. And I have been playing since the 28th of October, if anyone tries to say I haven't been playing there long enough to see them.

Mystil
Nov 17, 2006, 06:23 PM
I've met'em and it took 42 levels to do so. Thing is so many variety of personalities are on uni1 that it's kind of a hit or miss when joining parties that contain the asshats.

Kanore
Nov 17, 2006, 06:23 PM
oh god it's vega all over again

Kano-Okami
Nov 17, 2006, 06:27 PM
Oberon was the original Vega.
God forbid it getting that bad.

Schubalts
Nov 17, 2006, 06:28 PM
Never played PSO on the Dreamcast, but this Oberon... Sounds like 4chan on acid with a crack cracker, by how it's talked about on PSOW!

Mystil
Nov 17, 2006, 06:29 PM
Oberon was actually better than Vega. So I agree with everyone who holds Vega is negative high regards. On Oberon atleast you can go there and join in on the silliness and make friends. On Vega, as soon as you hit block 1 you're fsoded :/.

Aaron777
Nov 17, 2006, 06:30 PM
oberon? king of the fairies?...lol

BooChan
Nov 17, 2006, 06:32 PM
So far I have only randomly joined one party who were just blatantly offensive. It started out ok until a lower level guy joined and then just got kicked immediietly. Then two players joined whose characters were named Yard Ape and F**ktoy joined. Ftoy started spamming explicit sex. And Yard ape was making racist stereotypical statements concerning african americans. The other two members who were in the party before I joined then started saying just started spamming the game with racist and explicit sexual statements. It was so bad I just left the mission. This is the worse that it has got for me as far as running into idiots. Even though the raffon field base is full of idiots late at night.

Flunky
Nov 17, 2006, 06:33 PM
Uh... if you go to Universe 1 on 360, chances are you'll see at least one person randomly cursing or using racial slurs in a few different places.

There's also a bunch of spamming and other, 'more harmless', stuff. There's also general silliness, which is quite harmless in itself.

Of course, universe 1 still remains the easiest place to join a good group.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 17, 2006, 06:43 PM
On 2006-11-17 15:29, Silhouette wrote:
Oberon was actually better than Vega. So I agree with everyone who holds Vega is negative high regards. On Oberon atleast you can go there and join in on the silliness and make friends. On Vega, as soon as you hit block 1 you're fsoded :/.

Considering on Oberon you would be Rsoded withing 1 minute of bieng online I dont think so =/.

Mystil
Nov 17, 2006, 06:51 PM
Forgot all about that.

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 06:56 PM
I only like Uni 01 because it's normally crowded. Other than that, I dislike that Uni with a passion.

02 on the other hand, is love.

AlMcFly
Nov 17, 2006, 06:57 PM
The most populated universes will never ever get out of the "Vega/Cronus" shadow. It's just how it will always be ;P...

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 07:00 PM
And the fact that I know absolutely nothing of what's being spoken about.. I don't care XD

Para
Nov 17, 2006, 07:05 PM
You know.. there are a fair bit of 4chan players on PSU.

Genobee
Nov 17, 2006, 07:12 PM
4chan is every where,

b3n
Nov 17, 2006, 07:19 PM
I myself am a noob harasser and spammer in uni 1. A lot of people here might know me, i spam --NOOB ALERT-- and BOOM HEADSHOT. I never do it in parties though. I become quite nice once im playin, i gave a noob a free twin crea saber board the other day.

Kanore
Nov 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah, 4chan is everywhere. I was on 4chan in school earlier and someone pointed it out - someone that I would've never thought to have known of 4chan.

SeAm-NiNjA
Nov 17, 2006, 08:02 PM
i found the two most annoying noobs eva in universe one
we were doing Dragon A runs and these two reatards came in with no wepons armor or close on and the just stood there saying
"oh one finger up my **** up there goes another one" and they stoll all are items until i reallised and asted the leader to boot them
man they were just straigt up ***holes

oh and ps: who was vega and Oberon im guessing you dont like them alot

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 08:04 PM
4chan in my opinion is really stupid, and I really don't care who hates me for saying that. If others like it, kudos for them, but don't dislike me because I'm not with "the fad".

Other than that, people play how they want to play. If you're a noob basher, go to Field Base, camp, and do away with the noobs. If you want to help people, ask if anyone needs help, and do away with that. If you want to make a huge fat African chick and call her "Hot Chocolate Mama" (it's been done, no joke, and no, not by me), then by all means, do it.

'Course, you don't really see anyone helping others in Uni 01. Well, I haven't.

AnamanaAU
Nov 17, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm a 4channer and even I think the 4chan nubs on uni1 are lame as hell. Heck, I doubt they're even REAL 4channers, just ytmnd kids using 4chan memes.

Kupi
Nov 17, 2006, 08:32 PM
I was in a party in Universe 1 a few nights ago... three people stood out in particular. We had a guy named Vincent join our party, and one of our party members asked him if he was supposed to be Vincent from FFVII. The guy said he was, at which point the one who asked said, "Oh. Well, go kill yourself then. Like, right now." It kinda took me by surprise to see someone with proper grammar just outright attack someone like that. And, of course, it degenerated into a lot of interpersonal sniping until Vincent just left mid-mission.

We also had a human hunter who refused to heal himself, like, at all. He was also the lowest level member of the party and absolutely refused to back away from the giant four-legged things in the Relics. And then, thanks to a lag spike, the Resta I tried to save him with didn't go through in time and he died, costing us the S rank. Please, every hunters of PSU! If your health drops into the yellow, do everyone a favor and prop yourself up with a Dimate.

Anyway, that's my Universe 1 horror story. Not everyone's a bad player, of course, but if you want to find them more easily, that's the place to look.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 17, 2006, 10:19 PM
I will never play there.Universe 2 is way calmer, and more freindly.

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 17, 2006, 10:19 PM
Dude, it's just a server. Calm down. I'm talking to both sides. If you don't like the way people are on a server then just move to a different one. And if people don't like the server you usually play on, then get over it. It's not like you're putting your heart and soul into it. Jeez, come on people.

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, it may be a game, but the people are what make it real. Understand that much, please.

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 17, 2006, 10:46 PM
I just don't wanna see some pointless universe 1 vs universe 2 argueing when all you have to do is move on to a server you like or stay on the one you do like. It's not like the whole game sucks if you don't like universe 1. Nor does it suck if other don't like it.

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 10:48 PM
But then again, basically eveyrone's on Uni 01 during the week. It's the weekend, in which everyone disperses.

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
Well....Universe 1 and 2, they don't really phase me since i don't pay attention to them all that much. They have good and bads, then again universe 15 have their pros and cons as well you know.

_Deliverance_
Nov 18, 2006, 12:22 AM
Make friends, and party with them. Retards ruin the game, and I don't pay money to play with them. kthx.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 12:28 AM
Well 4chan is stupid, But to tell you the truth if some oen ever asked you"whats the definition of the internet?" Just send um to 4chan.

trypticon
Nov 18, 2006, 01:01 AM
I hate to be the bringer of obvious news, but the asshats on universe 15 (sound familiar?) have so far been the worst bunch I've met up with online.

jello44
Nov 18, 2006, 01:28 AM
Most people are lazy, and they don't like to go down and select a different server, so they just go to the very first one.

Going to Oberon on the good ol days on the DC was like playing Russian Roulette.

Ruby-chan
Nov 18, 2006, 01:30 AM
The more people you have in an area the higher the propability that one of them will be a jerk. Since it only takes one loud jerk to annoy everyone in an entire area, servers with lots of people on them are more likely to get a bad rep.

daylight129
Nov 18, 2006, 05:02 AM
Universe on the top of the list. So it's the universe that will have the dumbest people.

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 05:58 AM
There's people that are rude on Uni 15? I know of DUMB people, but I don't point them out, nor do I bash "our" Uni XD Call it, loyal to a fault.

NinjaSalad
Nov 18, 2006, 05:58 AM
Oberon was hell. HELL.

Thrash777
Nov 18, 2006, 08:59 AM

Yep, I agree.

I remember one time, playing on GC, I thought to myself; "I wonder what Vega 1 is actually like? I've heard lots of bad things about it..." so I decided to take a look.

As soon as I entered the lobby, hundreds of speech bubbles for a split second then, BAM, FSOD...

I never went there again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2006-11-18 06:02 ]</font>

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 09:15 AM
On 2006-11-17 22:30, Ruby-chan wrote:
The more people you have in an area the higher the propability that one of them will be a jerk. Since it only takes one loud jerk to annoy everyone in an entire area, servers with lots of people on them are more likely to get a bad rep.

My point exactly .. weither you are a 4channer or a PSO vet (which i am both) some are nice, some are jerks.. The higher the population the higher the chance of finding a jerk. Personaly I go to U1 now and again to see things that may be offensive, be offended and/or laugh (4channer trait).. However i dont play on it.. Cant take ANYONE seriously there. Its like Camelot .. a very silly place.

DonRoyale
Nov 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
It's because the same thing has applied to a lot of games: People are so lazy they pick the first universe to game with people.

Seriously, if people are so lazy they don't want to pick another universe, that's sad and stupid.

A lot of n00bs have always floded the first server-from Vega's FSOD'ing 8-year-olds to those whiners who bitch to Forces about losing 1 HP.

All these people do is go into the game so you can do everything for them. It's all about them now.

Seriously, I've been dealing with that for almost a full year now, I've grown very sick of it. >>

Pikku
Nov 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
On 2006-11-17 15:43, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

Considering on Oberon you would be Rsoded withing 1 minute of bieng online I dont think so =/.

1 Minute? Yeah right. You just sit there and youll get RSOD... then come back and see just one person in there... and not enough time to see their name and RSOD AGAIN in the matter of maybe 5 seconds... sometimesy ou dont even get to see anyone and you get RSOD.
But it was random. It wasnt happening all the time like FSODing was on Vega

_Deliverance_
Nov 18, 2006, 11:31 AM
wtf ever. You aren't automatically alotted to Universe 1. It's random... People go there on purpose.

Zalana
Nov 18, 2006, 11:33 AM
Universe 01 can't even compare to Oberon or Vega... Actually Universe 01 isn't even that bad.. Most of you haven't experienced bad until you've played the older versions of PSO not including BB or really GC.

Pikku
Nov 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
I liked Oberon 1 Lobby 2 when with friends.
And when I wanted to listen to convos I went to lobby 1 spite the risk.
After that I usually go in a game with people I know or lock myself in the room until one or few of my friends got on and sometimes went in random games to help people out or just to simply play.
In this game seeing the way a party is set up different there will be pros anc cons to it.
The ones that will kick you out for no reason. And the ones that will come into your room taking up space that act like jerks until the leader or you (as leader) kick them out.