PDA

View Full Version : Is Good Luck Bad?

KirinDave
Nov 17, 2006, 07:26 PM
I have burned through two Hajirod boards, trying to synth them. With a 56% chance of success, the chances of me not succeeding even once is remarkably low.

I have only tried on days where my luck is at 2 or better. My girlfriend just did the same synth with 0 luck and succeeded.

Could it be that good luck is somehow bugged and is bad for synth? It's absurd how much money I have spent trying to make this weapon.

Nukei
Nov 17, 2006, 07:29 PM
Probably not bugged, just your bad luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

KirinDave
Nov 17, 2006, 07:42 PM
There is only about a 3% chance of going this far without a single success, assuming NO luck modifier.

EphekZ
Nov 17, 2006, 07:46 PM
do you guys understand the meaning of luck? luck is something that cant be changed. yeah in the game it gives you a better chance but whatever. You just had bad luck. stop crying and get over it.

P.S-for those of you that played PSO. you shoudl realise everything is just luck. you've had this as part of the game for a long time. I think it's about time you guys stop complaining about it.

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:46 PM
I think luck only affects percentages on melee stuff...

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:46, darkgunner wrote:
do you guys understand the meaning of luck? luck is something that cant be changed. yeah in the game it gives you a better chance but whatever. You just had bad luck. stop crying and get over it.

P.S-for those of you that played PSO. you shoudl realise everything is just luck. you've had this as part of the game for a long time. I think it's about time you guys stop complaining about it.

You could be nicer about it. Lenient even. People have theories, and hypothesis', and it's okay for them to act on it. Shouldn't bring them down just because it's too farfetched.

KirinDave
Nov 17, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:46, darkgunner wrote:

Uhh, when I say "luck" i mean the stars next to your name. I'm asking if there is any connection at all. Because by all rights, I should have synthed it by now. This is not gambler's fallacy here, this is actually a greater than 50% win situation.

I'm curious if there are other factors that maybe affect it. For example, my PM is level 0. Can they just not make items above a certain level?

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'll answer it, rather than flame youl ike everyone else.

It's SUPPOSE to affect all sorts of things (the lvl of luck according to the "sparkles" or "stars"). Synthing, grinding, and drops. Suppose to, but the past week, the lucks have been screwing everyone over. When it comes to synthing, I say, even if you have good luck, it's better to just raise your PM's lvl. As for grinding, I can't say anything about that. I don't grind past 3-4. Drops.. That's hard to say. No one knows what determines them.

Tomeeboy
Nov 17, 2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I did some grinding the other day when I finally had something higher than lvl 1 luck (M Human here) and broke a handful of items (consecutively) just grinding from 3 -> 4 with +7-9 grinders. I managed to get one item to +5 and called it a day.. heh.

Aaomi
Nov 17, 2006, 09:25 PM
The level 3 luck is horrible. Every time I've had it everything break earlier than usual and I rarly find any rare drops lol. I just broke 3 Tenora Works knuckles all on the (2) grind...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 09:27 PM
Good luck is good luck for me.

Got two Twin Crea Saber boards, a bunch of Copernia, Moatoob Totem Pole, and other assorted rares today. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Aaomi
Nov 17, 2006, 09:29 PM
Then again my luck in real life is always bad anyway. Just the other week I had a scratcher that had $50 dollars on it and I got mugged in the parking lot as I left...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aaomi on 2006-11-17 18:30 ]</font>