PDA

View Full Version : Should I try Newman Hunter?

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'm at level 10 force, and all my techs are at, past or just shy of level 11, my Diga series is well beyond that. I've been considering leveling Hunter to make Wartecher available, so I'm looking for opinions.

EphekZ
Nov 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
Do what you want. For the sake of the topic; just get it to three, see if you like it. if you do then try wartecher. if you dont you already can be a foretecher. So if you couldnt tell what i'm trying to say is: this is a win-win sitution, if anything it'll give you better grasp on the game.

edit: get ranger to 3( or if you dont like it after you lvl it's class once, like me, just stop and you won't wonder, or say "I should of tried ranger" or something like that. Again, if anything, it'll give you a better grasp on the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-17 16:42 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
Go for it, but only if you have the spare money for weapons.

VanHalen
Nov 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
try it out heck you never know you might want to make a newman fortefighter ( i know i am)

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
Luckily, I have some loot and stuff in my shop I can use there...

Just looked at weapon usability, and the only loss as Wartecher is rods. And then... the massive Megid cant touch me MST.

KirinDave
Nov 17, 2006, 07:44 PM
Leverage your EVA over your DEF and you might actually do really well. A hunter that isn't a damage sponge would be a sight to behold.

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:43, VanHalen wrote:
try it out heck you never know you might want to make a newman fortefighter ( i know i am)

No, I have no intention fo going fortefighter with my newman. I've put a lot of time into techs already, whatever I pick had better be able to use them!

VanHalen
Nov 17, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:44, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-11-17 16:43, VanHalen wrote:

No, I have no intention fo going fortefighter with my newman. I've put a lot of time into techs already, whatever I pick had better be able to use them!

yeah i forgot that you had really strong techs sorry. well still try out hunter though

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
Heh, that'll be fun. The difference between a General and a Swordmaster, if you've ever played Fire Emblem.

VanHalen
Nov 17, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:48, Randomness wrote:
Heh, that'll be fun. The difference between a General and a Swordmaster, if you've ever played Fire Emblem.

i loved that game and i loved both of those classes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Para
Nov 17, 2006, 08:05 PM
Newman hunter is fun. Just get ready to adapt to low atp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I started out as a female newman hunter... maxed out hunter... now working on ranger.. then force after ranger.

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 08:06 PM
Well, hopefully being level 38 already will offset it a bit, but...

Sexy_Raine
Nov 17, 2006, 08:14 PM
Not worth it IMO, they're weak. Go ranger instead.

Alisha
Nov 17, 2006, 08:19 PM
newman ranger is potentially worse than newman hunter since gun damage is still driven by atp. you can have all the ata in the world but it wont mean jack if you cant do enough damage. if i was you i'd think about extra classes you might be interested in and go from there.