PDA

View Full Version : Learn to Carry Scapedolls, people (pt. 2)

Lashiens
Nov 17, 2006, 07:54 PM
Because I feel that it pays good tribute to the original thread, and also the ineptness of "some" people. Scape dolls are there for a good reason. Carry at least one, no matter how "good" you think you are. Accidents happen, ESPECIALLY now that Megid is on the loose.

Was doing Mad Beasts B with level 40's. You would 'think' that being at least level 40, you have some rudimentary concept of how the game works, surprises, etc. Oh no. Not this group I was in.

I literally saw 5 party members ALL drop at the exact same time, from a single shot of Megid. One shot. 5 kills.

Now me, I'm WELL aware that Jarba's can, and do use Megid religiously, and will spare no expense to make sure that they hit you with it. Come on, let's use some tactics. Don't blow an S rank on a run because you're being prideful, or trying to save face. Take the scapedoll. Save us all some pain. Do your research ahead of time before RUSHING OFF to some new area that you have never been to.

Or better yet, play offline so you KNOW what to expect and how to counteract it.

I never call people noob, but great googily moogily. A level 40 running around getting killed by Megid because he "doesn't want to put away his shotgun" is just foolish. Using a shotgun, with it's animation lockup is like setting up a Dunk Tank for the Jarba's. Sooner or later, they're GOING to hit you. And it's not going to be pretty.

Rant over. That is all.

*puts on flame retardant pajama-jams*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lashiens on 2006-11-17 16:55 ]</font>

Aaomi
Nov 17, 2006, 07:57 PM
Which spell is Megid and whats it do?

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:57 PM
Hey, if scape dolls ever dropped for me, I'd carry em. And when they DO drop, one bit of bad luck is all it takes...

Randomness
Nov 17, 2006, 07:58 PM
Megid is the basic dark element spell. It deals damage and can instantly kill you.

VanHalen
Nov 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:57, Aaomi wrote:

the dark tech that has a chance to kill in one hit and does alot of damage if it doesnt

Shinou
On 2006-11-17 16:57, Randomness wrote:
Hey, if scape dolls ever dropped for me, I'd carry em. And when they DO drop, one bit of bad luck is all it takes...

Excatly

Lashiens
On 2006-11-17 16:57, Aaomi wrote:

Megid is not available to players yet. Megid is dark elemental, and literally, deadly. It will do one of two things.

1) either damage you badly (upwards of 150-200 points of damage, if you have no dark resist, at level 45 or

2) Kill you immediately, one shot kill. Dark armor can help lower this chance, but no guarantees.

Eliash
Megid is a dark based attack that hits for a little damage, however, has a chance to 1-hit KO a person.

Aaomi
Nov 17, 2006, 08:02 PM
Yay for Dark armor is finally useful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lashiens
Nov 17, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-11-17 16:57, Randomness wrote:

That's funny. I never have a problemm procurring scapedolls at all. I refuse to pay for them, they drop pretty regularly for me, I have at least 10 on me at any given time, I've stocked my PM with them completely and he can't hold anymore, I have to result to feeding them to the PM just to get rid of them. :S

Maybe doing a few more solo B runs would net you a few.

Neith
Nov 17, 2006, 08:03 PM
Megid is a large purple-black ball of energy that some of the new enemies cast. If you get hit by it, and it works, it instantly kills you.

About Scapes- they never seem to drop for me. I think I've seen about 10 drop, but being in a team, Ive only recieved about 3 of those. They're 5k a piece to buy, which is a price I'm not prepared to pay at the moment, seeing as that's a decent amount of money.

I guess I could Synth some, but I'd need to gather some materials for it.

As for 'rushing off to a new area', at least the first time, most people won't have known that there's Megid-casters. Hell, I only expected Megid in A-Rank or maybe B-Rank, not C.

It just depends on if people have the Scapes and/or the money to buy them..

Para
Nov 17, 2006, 08:04 PM
Megid looks awesome in this game. And megid has been PS' 1 hit kill move since PSO. It could been said that it has been improved for PSU as if it doesn't succeed in killing a player, it does damage instead.

-Ryuki-
Nov 17, 2006, 08:08 PM
Megid was casted a lot when I was doing a C-Rank exploration (first time in Mellvore and the one before that), and I was never OHKO-ed. Maybe the higher ranks, have higher percentages of a OHKO. That's just what I think though, so don't hate me XD;

Parn
Nov 17, 2006, 08:11 PM
They have a TP buff that makes their megid more effective... it's the white arrow up icon in the status bar. Be doubly careful when you see it.

Lashiens
Nov 17, 2006, 08:11 PM
Yes, Ryuki-chanchan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As their level goes up, so does the potency of Megid. Beware!