PDA

View Full Version : ranger confusion.

Alisha
Nov 17, 2006, 08:14 PM
ok ive always thought that ranger damage was elemental in nature,supporting this idea is that fact that when monsters cast deband it has no effect on my damage shifta however does. the problem is there is a few monsters that throw a wrench in this line of thought.

gohmons-they have no physical resistance,resist the hell out of techs, and also dont seem to resist bullets.

kamatoze-they have normal physical resistance, no resistance to techs but seem to resist the hell out of bullets

tengoghs/jusnaguns-they resist the hell out of physical attacks but get owned by techs and bullets

bill de vear-same story here as with kamatoze

flying dragon type mobs-resistant to physical attacks owned by techs and bullets.

robots-high resistance to physical attacks and bullets but get pwned by techs.

chaos sorcerer type mobs i dont know what they are called. any ways they resist the hell out of physical attacks get owned by bullets and i dont know how they react to techs.

i would chalk it all up to bullets being in fact physical damage and that some monsters just resist bullets but the problem is that neither zalure or deband have any effect on bullet damage.

Alisha
Nov 20, 2006, 09:49 AM
hmn nobody knows? guess i'll have to try and figure it out myself then.

Xizore
Nov 20, 2006, 10:17 AM
I dont think deband raises simply your "physical" defence, but it raises your overall defense to spells and abilities. As a hunter i notice a damage reduction with all element types when an enemy creature gets a deband.

AngelLight
Nov 20, 2006, 10:52 AM
Deband is strictly for physical sources of damage. Let me specify exactly what that means.

If the damage source comes from a physical item....a sword, a spear, the muzzle of a gun barrel, an arrow....that is something that Deband would reduce. Best way to see exactly what I mean are the Polas in Raffon Relics (also in the Lakeside Mission). If the damage came in fact from a manifestation and not from a tangable object.....for example, when you use a wand and hold it up in the air, you're not hitting them with the wand but with an effect that comes out of a vortex looking thing that pops up above your head (think about what happens during casting time). That is something that Deband will not cover. Note that, there is a magic defense buff and even a range damage defense buff as well....both of which are not available to players yet on the US servers. I do believe the Kamotozes do one of these buffs in fact.....it's a large dome rainbow shield, so perhaps someone on the JP servers who might have this spell can shed more light on that.

An even simplier way of looking at it.....think about what shock prevents you from doing vs. what silence prevents you from doing. Shock prevents physical attacks and Silence prevents magic attacks....thus why hitting a hunter or a ranger with an earth attack isn't nearly as bad as hitting a force with one.

One other thing to note....just because you're using an elemental bullet, doesn't change the fact that it's coming out of a gun still. PSU defines physical and magical damage sources in the most litteral meanings.

Hope that helps.

Cross
Nov 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
On 2006-11-17 17:14, Alisha wrote:
kamatoze-they have normal physical resistance, no resistance to techs but seem to resist the hell out of bullets

bill de vear-same story here as with kamatoze

flying dragon type mobs-resistant to physical attacks owned by techs and bullets

Most large enemies like this just take half damage from guns, as far as I can tell. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Defense or MST.

Arieta
Nov 20, 2006, 11:28 AM
Not only from guns, but from melee weapons as well. Not all of them, but most of them.

physic
Nov 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
there are some enemies, who take half damage from all physical attacks, like bullets, enemies that fly usually seem to take less from melee, but same from bullets. there are also enemies that specifically take half from magic. boosting atp from what i have seen does in fact boost gun dmg, i have used the atp boost item online many a time to improve my dmg.