PDA

View Full Version : Jarbas are Evil!

Sexy_Raine
Nov 17, 2006, 09:09 PM
Parums newest enemy released today. The C missions ones aren't too bad, but the B misssions ones are pure evil. I still beat them with a 3 person party though.

I'm sorry I doubted Sega about the enemies being a joke, I was very impressed with the difficulty of the new missions.

Lashiens
Nov 17, 2006, 09:19 PM
Um, yes. They're also offline. And just as dangerous in comparison to online (Megid = pain). Only difference is less hit points and more exp offline.

Just waiting for folks to start plugging away with their dark armor sales schticks.

ProfessorZ
Nov 17, 2006, 09:20 PM
Bil de bear (Hildebear anyone lol) enemies are more tougher and are teh suck

Nukei
Nov 17, 2006, 09:45 PM
On 2006-11-17 18:20, ProfessorZ wrote:
Bil de bear (Hildebear anyone lol) enemies are more tougher and are teh suck

Bil de bear gives good money in one drop though ^_^

Chris28
Nov 17, 2006, 09:50 PM
those blue gigantic alligators are rediculous on A rank, but give 1000 meseta!

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 09:50 PM
I was owned by Megid twice. It never hurt me offline, so I didn't think it was Megid. Boy was I wrong. LOL oh my.

Rizen
Nov 17, 2006, 10:04 PM
Oh god...man these guys suck hard on A rank. They have so much life and those megids hit hard as breaks.
But I did found laughter when DarkShadowX walked into a room and got wtfpwned by 2 Jarba's megids. XD

Schubalts
Nov 17, 2006, 10:56 PM
You know what sucks more than Jarbas?

THOSE ****ING BUGS!

At least I can actually HIT a Jarba! A frickin 43 CAST had trouble hitting them! With a pistol! And we even missed when we knocked them down! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif At least Jarbas have crap evasion.

Ether
Nov 17, 2006, 11:17 PM
I pray Rangers will be able to Freeze Jarba once they get SE 4 on rifles

peenk
Nov 17, 2006, 11:26 PM
WTF IS UP WITH THE FUCKING BOSS!!!!!!11111111 oneelevelonehundredeleven
I wasted about 20 mins fighting him because I did not bring any better weapons with me as I was lvling up some different PAs. I was not able to deal that much dmg to him when he was comming down for FIVE FUCKING SECONDS. Boss has same attacks and even looks the same as that Omgwhatshisname from Neudiz(wtfeverspelling), so much for "15+(or was it 25+?) bosses".
In the end I simply abandoned the mission. I think new areas give way more money/item drops, which is good, but the boss is a fucking joke.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 11:28 PM
The boss fight on Moatoob is so broken when you have nothing but Beasts in your party. :

Jarbas are just evil.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 12:20 AM
Jabras suck hardcore....... I never get hit by the megid...... IT"S ALWAYS THE FUCKIGN ICE!

GeoHolyhart
Nov 18, 2006, 12:36 AM
Jarbas win for most annoying monster hands down. Was fighting a group got hit by Megid and BANG, instant death. Sucks for them though, I'm awesome and had plenty of scapes. Even though I was sad to use one.

2nd in line are those mini-omngoug things that look like bats. There HP is massive (by PSU standards) and they always spawn in bunches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-17 21:37 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Nov 18, 2006, 12:49 AM
I died in twin spawns of them countless times in Story Mode.

STORY. MODE.

Yeah, they're a living hell >>

Flunky
Nov 18, 2006, 12:52 AM
My vote for current pain are the bil-de-bears. The bugs are a bleeding nuisance and the Jarbas are frustrating... but there's one variant of the Onma-rehash mission that starts you off fighting groups of three bil-de-bears.

There were bellyflops and punches everywhere, which can stun and reduce the defense of the person hit. So the healers are constantly running around trying to prevent someone from being stunned for more than a few seconds- the bears seem to like to converge on anyone stunned and beat the daylight outta them.

And don't even get me started on the invincible ballerina twirl they have.

One bil-de-bear isn't bad at all. Three at once on A rank, however, is almost true pain. Three at once, followed by two at once, followed by THREE MORE at once... that's just plain evil.

I suspect, however, that once expert classes and new gear come out the bil-de-bears will fall behind Jarbas in the evil quotient. After all, better equipment don't beat no megid (barring certain exceptions).

Sexy_Raine
Nov 18, 2006, 12:53 AM
To all those people who who say, "I'm awesome, I never died once", then try the new A missions, then come back and say that BS.

JaireLiay
Nov 18, 2006, 01:11 AM
On 2006-11-17 21:36, GeoHolyhart wrote:
Jarbas win for most annoying monster hands down. Was fighting a group got hit by Megid and BANG, instant death. Sucks for them though, I'm awesome and had plenty of scapes. Even though I was sad to use one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-17 21:37 ]</font>

Hah you too eh? I was so startled by the OHKO that even after my scape revived me, i just stood there like..."Wtf...Wtf. wtf just happened?"

And only a few minutes earlier I was joking around about the "dreaded megid".

ZiG
Nov 18, 2006, 03:43 AM
On 2006-11-17 19:56, Schubalts wrote:

THOSE ****ING BUGS!

At least I can actually HIT a Jarba! A frickin 43 CAST had trouble hitting them! With a pistol! And we even missed when we knocked them down! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif At least Jarbas have crap evasion.

Attack the bugs from behind. Their evasion is only from the front.

A2K
Nov 18, 2006, 04:19 AM
On 2006-11-17 20:17, Ether wrote:
I pray Rangers will be able to Freeze Jarba once they get SE 4 on rifles

For now, Burn and Poison Traps are your best friend.

As for the bugs... I actually find it rather difficult sometimes telling exactly which part of it is the front.

Hell, even as a Force where accuracy doesn't matter it still takes too damn long because of their HP.

Scuri
Nov 18, 2006, 04:23 AM

THOSE ****ING BUGS!

The bugs have near 100% evasion if you hit them from the front. If you get behind them though, you can deal damage normally.

It took awhile for us to figure that out, but once we did that mission got a bit easier.

A nice tactic is to use two people, on on either side of them and just plug away while trying to avoid that sting + debuff thing. That way one person will always be doing damage. They drop pretty quickly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scuri on 2006-11-18 01:26 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:30 AM
Speaking of the difficulty of missions..

Do Mellvore, B or A rank >=D

I had a hard time already on C Rank, and I'm lvl 30..

AnamanaAU
Nov 18, 2006, 06:05 AM

THOSE ****ING BUGS!

I like how bugs have more HP than some of the bigger mobs.

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
As for people saying to attack the bugs from behind...we WERE.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
yeah, jarbas have insane HP, megid and ice! I was in C rank (lv 35) with the NPC and saw him go down with the first megid hit. I was like WTF megid!!!! glad he got hit first so I knew, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dusk21
Nov 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
50 Cast ranger here and from the front I can barely even lay a finger on those stupid bugs with even a rifle. But that doesn't even come close to the aggrivation of Jarba. Bil de Vears may have alot of hp and they hit hard, but they can't one shot me. TRIED to use a rifle to burn the jarbas well that just got me slapped by a one-shotting megid. Use the shotgun? Oh well then they just rock you with gibarta. To top it off they boost their own MST and TP stats, wonderful.

But really what all this means is the game is even more fun to me, kudos to ST for making some actually hard missions this time. Also watching Dark's hp bar magically disappear (was fighting a champion jarba elsewhere at the time) just hear him yellin about two jarba was definitely way too funny.

Lastat27
Nov 18, 2006, 01:35 PM
I've never had a Megid attack deal more then 250 dmg to me on A Rank. Does Megid have some rare effect that it instantly K.O.'s you __% of the time? If not, then all you need is better armor. Teroline does wonders for Ment. (Technic Defense).

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
Megid has a chance to instantly kill whatever gets hit by it, except for bosses.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 06:13 PM
I just found boosted Jarba's in Parum checkin out the new missions on C rank. The boosted ones can cast a technic boost buff and the same AoE ice spell as the Kamatoze from Neudaiz, cept theres does a hell of alot more damage. >.<

ZiG
Nov 18, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-11-18 08:06, Schubalts wrote:
As for people saying to attack the bugs from behind...we WERE.

At lv50 Human Ranger with Dual Beatguns +4, attacking from the front I hit maybe twice out of every ten shots. From behind, on A rank, I soloed an entire bug, missing twice. It may be difficult to see if you're attacking from behind, so I'm guessing you weren't. I refuse to believe a CAST had that much trouble hitting them from behind.

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 06:45 PM
I thought the bugs were kind of a pain, until I hit the bug class robots at the end of endrum(?). Get through the first wave and thinking to myself 'Glad thse wern't through the whole mission' when a second larger wave spawns. Took me by surprise, cornered me, and wasted two scapedolls in under a minue to their group/team attack.