PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Tanking on De Regan at level 23

jnblz316
Nov 17, 2006, 09:27 PM
My character is a beast hunter and I was wondeering if I can take him on and how long should the battle take. Oh yeah and this is for C-rank missions

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 09:28 PM
If you have Power Blast the fight will be over before you revert back to normal. If he still is alive, spam your Twin Frost Ripper / Frost Halbert PA at him with wreckless abandon. He'll drop within 10 seconds if you use the full duration of NB and then spam.

Fight shouldn't be over a minute and a half on C rank, at level 23, as a beast.

Takes me about 10 seconds to rape it on C Rank. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-17 18:29 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 17, 2006, 10:14 PM
If you have ANY blast, the fight will be over shortly after reverting from blast form, if not while still blasted. Unless of course it takes flight...then a bit longer.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 10:16 PM
On 2006-11-17 19:14, Maskim wrote:
If you have ANY blast but Power, the fight will be over shortly after next year. Unless of course it takes flight...then add a month or two...

Fixed for truth.

/wrist

Maskim
Nov 17, 2006, 10:37 PM
On 2006-11-17 19:16, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-17 19:14, Maskim wrote:
If you have ANY blast but Power, the fight will be over shortly after next year. Unless of course it takes flight...then add a month or two...

Fixed for truth.

/wrist

*roll eyes*

...such a conceited ass. Do you even have any experience with all the other blasts you degrade so much, because they can all lay waste to De ragon C in under a minute and a half.

"Fixed for truth" indeed.. just slightly more passive aggresive than straight out posting "You're a f-ing liar".

Finally, while I'm here, what the hell is this /wrist sh.t that keeps popping up on your posts?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
I've seen the others as i'm friends with numerous other Beasts my level. Maybe they can do some damage but nothing near what Power can do.

Maskim
Nov 17, 2006, 10:48 PM
Getting more hits in without getting pushed back can easily close that gap. Used both, like both, not taking shots at Power blast, but defense is easily just as helpful.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 10:51 PM
Defense is only useful if you don't know how to keep from getting hit, though it's more so for Invulnerability, but it's close enough.

As for the damage thing... I evade more(block with the light shield) than I take hits for some reason. That's about the only thing that stops me from mauling whatever is in front of me.

Maskim
Nov 17, 2006, 10:56 PM
It's easy to avoid getting hit. In defensive blast, I don't care about getting hit though. A Mac truck could hit me at 80mph, and I'd still be in my attack combo, without so much as a flinch, so even though my attacks do only about 1/2, or a bit less, than the power blast, I do have to maneuver to get my hits in. This gives me the full blast timer of nothing but a solid string of, albeit lower, numbers on bosses.

Power is good, especially with a good force behind you, but since I solo easily as much as I group, I <3 my defense form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-11-17 19:57 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 10:57 PM
Personally I love doing 700+ to everything that moves in front of me. If my HP drops low enough that i'm in danger I deserve to die for being careless.

Maskim
Nov 17, 2006, 10:59 PM
Exactly, you 'personally' love your power form. It's your personal opinion and a VERY valid one, but it's not fact, so there's no need to preach it like it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Swifty01
Nov 17, 2006, 11:02 PM
You should have no problems soloing the dragon at lvl 23...Shoot, I've been doing it since lvl 12. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 17, 2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, anybody can solo the De Ragan as early as 10ish. You just have to play it smart if you're a Hunter.

Handgun when it's airborne.
Melee when it stops walking.
Fight near his chest to keep an eye on which direction he'll spew flames.
-Move to the other side to avoid the flames.
Fight in front so when he uses his tail swipe you know which side to run to and avoid it.

If you do this it's a flawless; if an aggonizingly long, solo fight for the teens.