PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy's PSU Review Finally In! (2.5/5: Fair)

Ruby-chan
Nov 18, 2006, 03:05 AM
Well, since I always loved Gamespy's reviews (And they don't hesitate to rate things one either.) so I've been wondering how things were going. Gamespy usually takes a while to reveiew online multiplayer games (Given that making a Quake server browser (Quakespy) is where they got their start.) They also do go back to review MMO's again on later dates to do a new review based on the game's current state at that time. They also list pros and cons upfront right below the score.

The same review is up for all three systems. They've apparently tried at least PS2 to note technical differences, but most of their gaming has been on 360.

So without further ado, here's the review:

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/phantasy-star-universe/746420p1.html

2.5 stars out of five.

Pros

Return to beloved franchise; slightly addictive; voice chat (when it works); best console version.

Cons

Incredibly basic, repetitive gameplay; diminished in all respects; very little online content to justify fee; boring single-player; worst console version.

And of course a few more quotes...

Phantasy Star Universe is one of the biggest disappointments in years. I say this as a longtime fan of Phantasy Star Online, which was the best Diablo clone ever set in space. Sega's made radical changes, even bringing in some common MMO elements, but few of these really work out for the better.

Faded Glory

Phantasy Star Universe is a disappointment of near-epic proportions. Sega ripped out the very heart of PSO's legendary addictiveness, replacing it with a repetitive, tedious grind that shows no signs of ending. As a huge admirer of PSO, I can still find bits of enjoyment in PSU; however, this is not a good start to our long-term relationship, and just as I grew tired of the grind in Final Fantasy XI, so will I tire of it in Phantasy Star Universe.

The only question is how long I'll give it before pulling the plug. At this rate, maybe another month or two. My friends have already tired of the gameplay; lately we just party up to voice chat on the 360 version. That really says it all, doesn't it?

Other title headings include, "Alone in the Universe", "Welcome to the Grind", "It's the Stupid Economy" (He complains about the shops and the shop search feature.), "All Dressed Up, Nowhere to Go", and "This is Progress?"

Anyway, the entire review isn't something I didn't expect to be seeing, I just know I personally tend to agree with their views, and their focus on online play doesn't hurt either. It was rather nice to see all of the niggling gripes compiled in one place though. The only unfortunate thing I can see about it is that, if the game weren't on PS2 then many of these problems could be fixed with a simple patch download. I at least hope it may be possible to see shop searching and word-bubbles fixed with the limited PS2 memory card available. Or at the very least maybe they'll fix things in the expansion.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 03:10 AM
I think we can admist PSU is a flop.

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2006, 03:14 AM
Now, before this thread heads down the drain like many before it, I want everyone to keep your comments reasonable. If you can't discuss things in a calm, civilized manner, don't post at all.

jarek99
Nov 18, 2006, 03:22 AM
How many bad reviews does it take before people realize that this isnt the greatest game in the world? God himself could give psu a bad review and youd tell him to just fuck off.

brainwashed for the loss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-11-18 00:25 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:22 AM
Why post this? It leads to no good.

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:24 AM
eh... i guess I am getting used to this by now... the press and many players are let down. personally, I am still pulling my hair out trying to get my PS2 online so I can join the grind. I still don't think these reviews will affect PSO fans willingness to play. It is just unfortunate that they will most likely deter others from joining.

Weak
Nov 18, 2006, 03:28 AM
I still don't care for reviews.

It's one person's opinion representing an entire website/magazine/etc.

As for the review itself, I really can't relate to it, because I'm having a lot of fun.

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 03:36 AM
I really really want to prove all these reviews wrong... but it is practically impossible.

However, through time I hope these reviews becomes dead wrong.

Eviltaru
Nov 18, 2006, 03:41 AM
i'll admit the game being boring in a way... we'll see how long sega can keep us up with update & new content before the 6 month end of our contract ... by then I'll really decide if it's worth the penny I spent on it or should I extend the contract ! As for the Offline ... it didn't get to me at all, I found it very very boring ... PSU was all about the online mode... offline RPG I'll rather stick with FFXII which has a good story plot and a replay value on it! Like many have said it before let's be patient and wait Sega has for us....

Bleemo
Not to seem as if I am defending my game,

I feel the reviewer... is a moron. A very large moron. This is a very poor analysis of a video game.

The main reason:

Phantasy Star Universe is a disappointment of near-epic proportions. Sega ripped out the very heart of PSO's legendary addictiveness, replacing it with a repetitive, tedious grind that shows no signs of ending. As a huge admirer of PSO, I can still find bits of enjoyment in PSU; however, this is not a good start to our long-term relationship, and just as I grew tired of the grind in Final Fantasy XI, so will I tire of it in Phantasy Star Universe.

Through his entire review, he compares PSU to PSO. Through his entire review, he describes somehow PSU is different from PSO in grinding factor and somehow has less enjoyable content than PSO.

The only thing he was doing through that review was ranting about grinding and how he enjoyed PSO more-so than PSU. Who hired him?

By comparing the two, the only thing he could come up with was a "nostalgic feeling" of "beaming down to a planet and killing monsters." How could he say he enjoyed that aspect of PSO when he doesn't enjoy PSU? It's virtually the same thing, yet with a supped up battle system, weapons system, and skill system.

When comparing the two games, he refused to touch on the synthing system, the outstanding job Sega did on designing the weapons, the new diverse Photon Art skill system, and the improved monster AI. Why didn't he compare the two games on the most important aspects? All he complained was about loot, grinding, and somehow repetitive killing, yet praises PSO for not having the same issues.

I will agree on the fact that there is little content and few things to do, especially right now. I will agree that grinding can get tedious, and requires a lot of it. Most of this is due to the lack of content currently on the servers. He came in with a biased opinion without taking the future of the game, or any of the highlight features into account.

Not a worthy review and should be taken off the site.

KiteWolfwood
I never listen to reviewers anyway. Why should I listen to what he thought of the game. In the end it is my own opinion that matters. Oh well I could go on a long rant but no one reads um anyway an not like it would matter.

Velkyn
Nov 18, 2006, 03:44 AM
I'm getting fairly tired of these topics. Reviews are SUBJECTIVE. Yes, the press doesn't like this game much. Big deal. It doesn't make it not fun.

Also, that came out BEFORE the patch, so it's already invalid.

Saying it's a flop at this point is pretty silly...In Japan, the media trashed the game at release, and it's actually gotten a lot better. The same will happen here. The 24th will come around, and we'll have all the EU people, and patch 2 before the 14th of next month. JUST GIVE IT TIME.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 18, 2006, 04:24 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:44, Velkyn wrote:
JUST GIVE IT TIME.

Time is money, bro. People aren't going to waste their time on a game that isn't striving for their attention.

Now, getting on Topic, I wholeheartedly agree with the complete loss of a Nostalgic feeling here. PSO captured my heart even though I was forced to play offline only all the way from DC V.1 till GC's Ep. 1&2. Being able to play splitscreen with my friends was a godsend, and truely boosted my enjoyment of the game. Then came PSU, which I suspected would be like PSO, only better. But I was wrong. The experiences just are not the same.

Apples and Oranges.

What is hard to grasp for a lot of people (especially reviewers) is that this is not PSO. It may be part of the Series, but it seems like SEGA wanted a new direction for this game. And they got it, but it looks like some fans (in particular, the reviewers who are the influential ones) are not liking the change and feel disconnected. Yes, it's the same as every MMO out there. GRIND GRIND GRIND. But for some reason, I'm just not compelled to play it as much as PSO had me wanting to play. I still play it because I want to give it a chance. SEGA has given me the short end of the stick and i've tried to be paitent with them, but after making my game unplayable with this newest patch I'd have to say i'm starting to lose that faith in them.

As for the reviewer not taking the future of the game into account, that is not the job of the reviewer. He is to tell you what the product is flat out, at it's very core. What is PSU online? Incomplete. We keep getting told that what Extra Mode and Story Mode have are hints of what's to come, but since it's not online in the here and now, it doesn't matter to the reviewer. They only use information that is available to them. Perhaps in the future when a few patches are released they'll re-review the game for a more fair score. As someone stated, we've already gotten Moatoob and a few new missions so the review is already out of date. But it's not really their job to keep you up to date on these things. It's the person who's reading up on it's job to do so.

What did we get? Half the game. What are the reviews saying? Half-assed. What are the scores? Middle-range. Got a problem with it? Write your own review and have it published in a magazine, or a blog. Be a Do-er, not a 'Me-Too'-er. OR, you could just continue to play the game, not caring what others think of the game, and enjoy it like you have before.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Synthing to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

daylight129
Nov 18, 2006, 05:14 AM
As much as I disagree with the final scores these game sites give, one can't deny the excellent observations and points they make.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 05:15 AM
They speak about things that are apparent in any MMO really.

daylight129
Nov 18, 2006, 05:18 AM
The main idea here is that PSU isn't rewarding for any of its hardships as other MMO's are. Yet.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 05:20 AM
I never found WoW rewarding in the slightest. FFXI felt rewarding when getting an artifact or something, but the grind wasn't worth it. At least in PSU we don't kill the same exact mob over and over again for 8 hours for 1/3 of our exp bar.

daylight129
Nov 18, 2006, 05:26 AM
I found WoW very rewarding. Having purples and jumping around Ironforge showing off your gear was usually a daily engagement.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 05:29 AM
That wasn't rewarding, it was tedious. The only rewarding items were weapons and that was only for melee classes. Armor rarely made any difference at all until you got several pieces. And doing those long ass raids while being a miniscule member of it? I mean if you can die (and not be the main tank/healer out of 40 people) and no one really cares, then you feel a lot less like part of a team.

Tuxedose
Nov 18, 2006, 05:35 AM
Reviews are one persons view of the game.
A review is so personal that it can only tell what this person likes or dont likes.

I know that I love psu it was love at first sight and now updates have bgun dropping in.
People I dont know whats the rush. The cost for this Rpg online is not much its far less expensive than both Wow and FFXI. As said earlier in this post give it time be patient. When the update for the advance classes arrives the game will begin to show its true potential.

Oh and the weapon synth system rocks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

daylight129
Nov 18, 2006, 05:35 AM
You mst not have played WoW intuitively, because I don't think me and the millions of others understand what you mean.

I dont think you know what you're talking about, because nothing you're saying makes any sense. Have you played WoW? Had a 60? Raided and gotten geared out? You sound like someone who got to level 15 and then read about what it's like at 60 on a game site and you quit.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 05:38 AM
On 2006-11-18 02:35, daylight129 wrote:
You mst not have played WoW intuitively, because I don't think me and the millions of others understand what you mean.

I dont think you know what you're talking about, because nothing you're saying makes any sense. Have you played WoW? Had a 60? Raided and gotten geared out? You sound like someone who got to level 15 and then read about what it's like at 60 on a game site and you quit.

Uh yeah, I got to 60 a very long time ago. After several dozen MC/BWL runs resulting in few pieces, it got old. Armor pieces made little impact at all and only weapons really made any difference whatsoever. Sure, once you're fully decked out with armor, you'll do better in PvP, but I never personally found a reason to go beyond that... PvP was the only redeeming part of the game and after my A team broke up I got bored. Very bored.

hareofthedog
Nov 18, 2006, 06:52 AM
I would agree, as stange as this sounds, that there were some cooler things in PSO ans certainly seemed to be a larger variety of weapons, especially on the side of the Force. Also... it is strange that they are withholding so much of the game for updates. I still play it. I like it. It just doesn't have a certain somethin that PSO had.

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 07:07 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:22, jarek99 wrote:
How many bad reviews does it take before people realize that this isnt the greatest game in the world? God himself could give psu a bad review and youd tell him to just fuck off.

brainwashed for the loss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-11-18 00:25 ]</font>

This guy speaks a lot of sense. I wouldn't agree completely, but he makes a damn good valid point.

In other news, the game's only fun if you make it fun. Some people RP, which adds a lot of replayability, others like myself do something creative (i. e. me taking pictures of PSOW members), and others just sit and converse. Those who did nothing but grind, are the ones who are complaining. Those who complain about no content, are the ones not having fun.

But see, I've already mentioned three things that "add" fun, and with a 3:1 ration, that's not half bad.

Cameroon1027
Nov 18, 2006, 07:30 AM
He or she is right. I rp with my friends in a story type setting in psu. And you don't hear me or my ten friends that play it complaining now do you? And just for the record....THAT GAMESPY REVIEWER CAN FUCK OFF!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cameroon1027 on 2006-11-18 04:31 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 07:33 AM
I'm a guy. XD

I just have a girl display pic/avatar on my profile because she looked hot.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 07:53 AM
Before this turns into another of THOSE posts .. remember the reviewers of any of these groups are human just like the rest of us. Some of them voice opinion more than anything else. Im not surprised by this review.. it reflects alot of the complaints that have already be posted on here at our own forums .. give it time ... and yes time is money dosent mean that if people quit, that they are not going to come back later... Give the players time to warm up to it too... With PSU its going to be a tough love relationship.

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 08:06 AM
PSU wasn't even promoted as much as the other MMO games. I don't see what the hype is. It's like Pokemon for instance. It USED to be in, and there ARE still loyal fans to it. Then again, Pokemon doesn't really change anything, rather, it just adds new features and such.

Animosity
Nov 18, 2006, 10:31 AM
i disagree with this review. this is my favorite game and i believe the fighting is the best in any mmo and i believe synthesis is a great addition plus the rooms kick ass.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 10:36 AM
Ill also add that back in the days when Monster-Hunter (imagine PSO, with dinosaurs) was fairly new EVERYONE gave it a crappy review dispite its huge fan basis. After a few months game reviewers went back and CHANGED thier reviews of the game, cause they in fact kept playing and knew friends who played it. They later saw the gem it became after a bit more time playing. PSU will be no different .. It just needs time to grow.

ThatOneGuy
Nov 18, 2006, 10:47 AM
Most reviewers are saying that the 'grind' in PSO was masked by the hunt for Rare weapons. What they fail to mention though, was that in PSO the first 80 levels or so were just a straight level grind so you could get into ultimate and get the good rares. Why do we have any reason to believe this will be any different?

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-11-18 02:35, daylight129 wrote:

I have two level 60s. I can say that the end game in WoW isn't satisfying in the least bit. Why should I have to bother to schedule times at night to be in a specific place just to jump in, have some random kid bark orders at me about what direction I should attack from, only to have it fail because of someone's lack of common sense? And even if you do succeed, what do you get?

And if you can't abide to the schedules, you don't raid. If you don't raid, you don't get gear. If you don't get gear, you basically rot in WoW. I personally didn't want to bother with the scheduling, because it's extremely tedious and resembles doing Saturday morning chores too much.

He's not entirely wrong. Wow's end game is very lacking, to the casual player.

Now to go on topic.

Why do these threads continue to get made? We know the reviewers don't like it, and it's for the same reasons in every other review that gets linked. It's inevitable. They don't like it, we do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeraphim on 2006-11-18 08:38 ]</font>

Callous
Nov 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
Because Gamespy is one of the few sites I respect when it comes to reviews, I took the time to read this. I agree with every word written. It's spot on. The parts about the lack of soul in PSU compared to PSO ring particularly true.

Edit: Oh, one thing I think he did get quite wrong. I thought story mode was great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-11-18 08:51 ]</font>

Para
Nov 18, 2006, 11:53 AM
I think there's some merit to the saying that PSU lost some very key elements of PSO.

perdition
Nov 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-11-18 02:15, Xbob wrote:
They speak about things that are apparent in any MMO really.

Not exactly. I played FFXI for years, and although there was a grind, there were also many other things to do in the game that kept you occupied. The world in itself could keep you occupied by exploration, so many little touches to the game that made it playable. With PSU the game is just not compelling. I think the reviewers are simply saying that PSU is boring. You can try all you wan't but the fun just isn't there.

The game seems like it was made with very little care, PSU really feels cheap in a way also. Almost like someone other than sonic team tried to make a PSO rip off. I think the ppl who are waiting are going to be constantly dissapointed, and I think that giving sega $10 a month to wait for new content is insane. This is not like WoW or FFXI either, in this game the content is all there, the update doesn't add anything new to the game. All that happens is some coder changes a variable or something and viola.

Good luck to everyone who continues to play, I cancelled my account, sad thing is if I waited 6 months to comeback and see if it had content sega will likely have deleted my character from the server. Makes you wonder if they want you to keep your account out of fear of losing your progress.

Azure247
Nov 18, 2006, 01:51 PM
The review seems legit to me. And imo, I dislike where PSU is going. The graphic style is bland making it feel like an ordinary mmorpg created by a korean company. PSO was just better... and we expected PSU to surpass it, but Sonic Team just made a game with weaker content.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 02:16 PM
Why can't we just put a stop to these threads? I mean, it's mainly a rant about the lack of PSU content. Isn't there a seperate forum for ranting? Post it there, I don't like seeing this forum cluttered with people moaning and whining about the game. Many have said it before; if you don't like, it don't play it, don't associate with it, don't piss and moan countless times about how you are dissatisfied. Go play WoW, FFXI, RO, EQ, something else.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 18, 2006, 02:18 PM
Reviewers dont like Dynasty Warriors 5 either, one of my favorite games.. I just dont go along well with reviewers..except for Halo-.-

GeoHolyhart
Nov 18, 2006, 02:25 PM
I don't blame thread starter for starting the topic, because alot of your were on about "I only listen to Gamespy" and "Gamespy won't rate it low". She informed us of the reviews existence, simple as that, so don't bash.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
It's not just her I'm getting at, Geo. It's the number of people posting these topics. Cruise through the PSU general thread pages, you'll find numerous threads on the same topic.

LetLoveBleed
Nov 18, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-11-18 11:37, Xeraphim wrote:
It's not just her I'm getting at, Geo. It's the number of people posting these topics. Cruise through the PSU general thread pages, you'll find numerous threads on the same topic.

Maybe its because a lot of players feel let down by the game.

perdition
Nov 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-11-18 11:42, LetLoveBleed wrote:

On 2006-11-18 11:37, Xeraphim wrote:

Maybe its because a lot of players feel let down by the game.

That and alot of players downed alot of money on the game. Some ppl are pissed cuz they paid six months in advanced, granted thats their fault, but its one thing if the game sucked and it had 70% of the content its another if the game sucks and it has 15%.

Guess in the end it doesn't matter the PSU fans have the right to like the game and everyone else has the right to move on, when my account ends on the 15th I won't care to gripe, or bitch anymore, but until then I'll be sure to point out the reasons why PSU is a game that is deserving of a poor review.

Also if this is indeed a thread about the review players who don't care for the review don't need to respond to it. This forum is for PSU players those who love it, and those who hate it. If you don't like these threads don't reply, you are not contractually obligated to chime in on a thread like this.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 03:18 PM
This forum is for PSU players those who love it, and those who hate it. If you don't like these threads don't reply, you are not contractually obligated to chime in on a thread like this.

Actually, PSU Fan forum. This specifically, that is. If you're bitching and whining about the everything about the game, moaning because they took your 6 month payment, wishing you could cancel your account now, then you're probably a not a fan? Just guessing here.

I know it seems like I'm going on a rant here, and I am. I'm arguing knowing it won't do me any good and I have no idea. Venting, possibly, which makes me a hypocrite. Ah well.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
How can you say this reveiw is wrong? When every person who has reveiwed this game saying pretty much the same thing. And all those who say that it's your own opion that matters, it doesn't matter SEGA, Just because some kid in Ohio likes PSU to pieces doesn't mean there gonna make PSU2 and hopefully fix what they did wrong in this game. Every thing in this reveiw is for the most point is correct. The point of a Sequal is to Imporve not set back. It's ovious this game has failed on so many levels, How can you call a game that angers 70% of the fan base a sucess? When the Fan Base is all you got?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-18 12:23 ]</font>

Lastat27
Nov 18, 2006, 03:21 PM
I guess I play this game because this is the first MMO (if you call it that) that I've played since it was first released. I've always wanted to play one from the start. And as a fan of all things MMO I must say that these reviews are 100% correct. Even if you are a hardcore gamer, there should be no way you run out of content in the first two weeks.

This is just bad design. The universe is too small, the exp caps are low, and everything just seems to go by too quickly. If you are level 50 now, do you remember anything you did between levels 20 and 30? I sure don't recall much of it. Those levels went by in what seems like a single day. And this was only a week or so ago.

There are no memorable moments or milestones as you level in this game to remind you of the good ol days. I still remember getting my chocobo license at level 20, kazham keys at 25, climbing delkfutt's tower at 30, finish leveling my subjob at 37, getting my airship pass at 42, artifact armor from 50-60. And in this game, all I can remember is seeing De Ragan for the first time at level 15, and then seeing him for the last time (thank the goddess) at 50.

Am I going through $10 of content too quickly? You get 10 times the amount of content from any other MMO title that you first pick up. In many of them you get at least 50 unique zones to explore, and in this we have 8 unique dungeons, seperated into 16 different missions, and 4 cities that you can explore in 30 minutes!? Your fooling yourself if you think $60 for the game and $10 a month a good price for what they have offered us this far. As far as future updates go, this is content I should have got when I first spent $60.

The PS2 does limit what they can do, but there really is no excuse for how late new content is being added. Translation? They want to make everyone else wait as long as the Japanese did? Give me a break. (; _ _)

But if you are actually having fun like I am, and have some source of steady income and patience, then the price really doesn't matter. I am having a blast trying to beat all of these new missions on A rank. I just hope this game lasts long enough until the next MMO I play, that being Age of Conan for PS3.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
FFXI's grind killed it for me. Yeah, you got to do "other" stuff, like, what, explore? The world was alright looking, but I didn't enjoy the art direction much. All of the missions were just grinding in different forms for items. RDM AF3 FTL. FFXI would have been so much better if the end game wasn't such an absolutely enormous time commitment.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 03:25 PM
If this was Something Awful, you'd be banned for posted derisive shit in threads about a game people love.

Well, warned. Then banned.

I used to love their game forum for this, but it's not something I can post to any more, only playing one game. So instead I have to put up with this shit here. It's horrible.

I'm really upset that this game is getting such bad reviews. It DOES NOT DESERVE THEM. The main problem I have with how it's getting marked down as a PS2 port.

OF COURSE IT'S A FUCKING PS2 PORT. THE PS2 PLAYERS ARE ON THE SAME FUCKING SERVER. IT HAS TO BE A PS2 PORT.

Can't ANY of these reviewers take this fact into consideration? Oh, I7ve WARNED 360 players it looks like crap on their machine. That's all the disclaimer they need.

WARNING: THIS GAME LOOKS AND PLAYS LIKE A PS2 GAME. DO NOT BUY IF THIS UPSETS YOU. MOVING ON, A FAIR REVIEW WITH THIS IN MIND.

No fucker will do this.

This game got GOOD reviews in Japan.

I do not want to lose the US servers, but these rush reviews (they are reviewing an online game in its infancy, just to get the exclusive) are going to kill the US market.

This is terrible.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
You have to consider that the Japanese markets and US markets are incredibly different. Tastes for games plays alot in it for these reviews. I'm not the typical American gamer, I've got more japanese oriented tastes for games. Maybe that's why the reviews bother me. It got wonderful reviews in JP, horrible reviews in the US. Two entirely different markets.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:25, -Shimarisu- wrote

cause this means any thing?

the game cube got good reveiws there too and now look at it.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 03:30 PM
I'm actually a gamecube fan. Again, differences of taste.

That's why I should quit arguing. No one's point on the matter is higher than anyone elses simply because everyone has their own taste for games, systems, and Phantasy Star. Whether we like it or not, it'll play into how we take the reviews and what we think of the game.

As far as running Forest 1 and 2, I remember it too. At this point, the new missions added have gotten me back into a swing; I'm enjoying varying my play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeraphim on 2006-11-18 12:32 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:33 PM
Gamecube kicks ass.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:33, Xbob wrote:
Gamecube kicks ass.

yea but sales doesn't say that

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 03:35 PM
I'm bored to fuck of PSO. I can't LOOK at Forest. Hell, nobody could. We were all grinding (GRINDING) Desert for exp in the end just to finish the fuck out of it.

When I hit 200 in august I literally had to FORCE myself to play. I'd spent a week on PS2 beta for PSU, and I HATED PSO by that point. I was level 197 ish though and I had to finish.

It was SO, SO boring, but a great feeling when I hit 200. Because I could finally put what had become a BORING game to rest.

I have some 400 hours on PSU. I cannot get bored of it. I don't know why, maybe it's the shorter dungeons, but most of all I think it's the huge addition of things to do while you are "idle" from the core gameplay. I spend a heck of a lot of time synthing and selling things. I design characters with the wonderful creation engine. I plan for expert class, which by the way improves this game a great deal.

PSO was never about content, but the core gameplay. PSU is the same. Yet when the game is patched in fully (and by the way Japan is getting those updates FAST) it will be much bigger than PSO ever was. Yet you STILL whine about content.

PSO, to shit on your melancholy nostalgia party, is a BIG PILE OF MONKEYS' BALLS.

--
Mod edit: no need to call names please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-18 17:19 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 03:37 PM
edit: lag caused double post.

Edit 2 FTW: OK, may as wel use this space to pull apart ANOTHER bunch of shit people are saying about this game.

You see that shop search feature? How your shop disappears occasionally?

Hey idiots, that's done on PURPOSE. The rotation prevents price wars, flooding of stock and gives everyone a shot at being in the top slots for searches, rather than every shop appearing in pages and pages of lists, and nobody in later pages getting any visitors.

Also if you do not log in on a character in a while, their shop goes dead. I found this out yesterday. Haven't played on Argus in a week. His shop has been dead for half a week. I went in the shop yesterday with Drew to show him outfits, and instantly a customer came in! I checked the search and he was back. And the shop had been most definitely dead not 5 minutes prior.

The search function is better than people give it credit for, so there's yet ANOTHER undeserved and petty mark-down.

I'm really glad shops go dead on occassion. It means sometimes I do not get customers, but that's one heck of a lot better than NEVER getting customers due to my shop just being one of hundreds in returned search results.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 12:45 ]</font>

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 03:40 PM
And sales justify everything?

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:42 PM
Justin Timberlake gets great sales.

'nuff said.

perdition
Nov 18, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-18 12:05, perdition wrote:
This forum is for PSU players those who love it, and those who hate it.

Why should it be for those who hate it? I want you all to fuck the fuck off. You do nothing constructive at all, and your whining is nothing but a death knell for the game I love.

You're RUINING it. I literally DESPISE you. Get the FUCK OUT.

You take this game to seriously lol. Stop being so silly.

peenk
Nov 18, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:25, -Shimarisu- wrote:
If this was Something Awful, you'd be banned for posted derisive shit in threads about a game people love.
Well, warned. Then banned.

That would have to be the most biased gaming site ever. Ever heared of letting others express their openion no matter how strongly you disagree with them?

I used to love their game forum for this, but it's not something I can post to any more, only playing one game. So instead I have to put up with this shit here. It's horrible.

Then take your own advice and stop comming here?
or must I TYPE IN CAPSLOCK FOR YOU TO STFU?

I'm really upset that this game is getting such bad reviews. It DOES NOT DESERVE THEM.

Indeed it doesn't. It deserves waaaay lower.

Oh, I7ve WARNED 360 players it looks like crap on their machine. That's all the disclaimer they need.

And who the fuck are you? A reviewer for a well-respected gaming site with years of experience of reviewing games? I think not, not to mention GameSpy are the very people who host THESE very forums.

WARNING: THIS GAME LOOKS AND PLAYS LIKE A PS2 GAME. DO NOT BUY IF THIS UPSETS YOU. MOVING ON, A FAIR REVIEW WITH THIS IN MIND.
No fucker will do this.

You didnt think this through did you? You're logic would come down to something like using Radeon x1900 GT and Athlon 4 FX-62 to play a recently released copy of DOOM I.
People buying latest gaming systems, expect them to be used to their full potential. Thats why I once made a comment on these forums saying they should have made PSU with PS3 in mind and skiped PS2 alltogether. However this got me branded as PS3 fanboy :/.

I do not want to lose the US servers, but these rush reviews (they are reviewing an online game in its infancy, just to get the exclusive) are going to kill the US market.
This is terrible.

Japan and US are very very very different. So you cant really judge one by comparing it with the other.

--
Mod edit: no need to call names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-18 17:20 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:45, perdition wrote:
snip

You're damn right I take it seriously, I met the best friend I've had in years via this game and you're just fucking ruining the prospect of years of fun playing it with him.

That literally makes me cry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 12:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 12:49 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:46, peenk wrote:

Then take your own advice and stop comming here?
or must I TYPE IN CAPSLOCK FOR YOU TO STFU?

Back at you, take that advice, stop coming here and STOP FUCKING PLAYING THIS GAME.

And if you already stopped playing it, STOP COMING HERE AND RUINING MY SHIT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 12:52 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:46, peenk wrote:

And who the fuck are you? A reviewer for a well-respected gaming site with years of experience of reviewing games?

Nah, just a reviewer for well-respected games magazines with years of experience of reviewing games.

In fact, I reviewed PSO games for magazines in the past.

peenk
Nov 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:54, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Nah, just a reviewer for well-respected games magazines with years of experience of reviewing games.

YOU?!
With language like that? With your barely coherent sentences that are suppose to be your ideas in writing?
You are clearly lying and I would truly like to see those "reviews."
At least I have an excuse for my poor use of English language, I am 22 and had to learn english from scratch when I was 13.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-11-18 13:00 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:00, peenk wrote:

On 2006-11-18 12:54, -Shimarisu- wrote:

YOU?!
With language like that? With your barely coherent sentences that are suppose to be your ideas in writing?
You are clearly lying and I would truly like to see those "reviews."
At least I have an excuse for my poor use of English language, I am 22 and had to learn english from scratch when I was 13.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-11-18 13:00 ]</font>

Yeah, cause I'm clearly expected to be arsed with writing eloquently phrased replies to kids on a gaming forum.

Proof:

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1069

Sorry, kid. You got owned. I was waiting with that ready for your reply.

Ryogen
Nov 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
If you guys are suckers enough to take someone else of opinions as facts then you really miss out in the real world and in the game world.

Mouseklip
Nov 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
What game did this guy play? I wonder because he must have gone into the game with his mind already made up on what he is going to say about it and didn't play the game at all. Of course he did bring up valid points but how can you judge a game that sadly doesn't have all of it's content out. I mean the game is a lot of fun, did he just play alone online with a lvl 1 character? Also a Diablo clone wtf is he smoking? Diablo is a RPG not a genre so you could say any RPG is a Diablo clone, this guy is biased. I say poor him for choosing a game he wouldn't like to review. People don't like Halo and they don't play it thats all there is to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mouseklip on 2006-11-18 13:05 ]</font>

Reystradamus
Nov 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
dam i didnt come back on this site in a long time..and all i see iz bitchin...i dont care wat no reviewer says...people didnt like monster hunter..i got it and never looked back 1 of the best games i eva played...imma gET PSU sometime In dEcember though

perdition
Nov 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
Whats even worse than ppl like me who state the fact that the reviews are warranted, are the ppl who sit and defend it to the death. I never said its some mortal sin to like PSU, it a sorta fun game, but its all been there done that, and done it better in PSO.

Every game has MMO has aspects of grinding, if we didn't grind all our achievements mean nothing. The problem is that in an effort to get from lvl 20-25 you have to repeatedly do the same relativly short instance over, and over, and over again. Its not challenging, there is no guild system in which to really lose yourself in while you bored. I played FFXI for years, and when I had to farm gods that was boring as sin, but you could always use LS chat to kinda' divert your attention. The lack of rare drops from the outset really was a terrible choice, limiting players ONLY so that you can keep them hooked for future unlockable content is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen. It's not an update, its just someone unlocking the content.
Players who stay with PSU are entitled to do that, but c'mon how can you fault someone for being angry when they pay 70+ bucks for a game that is not only bad, but it is made worse because sega wants to keep you paying 10 bucks a month for what you paid for right at the outset.

At no time did I hear about PSU being a beta that would be released as a standalone game, and later all the content would be added. Not many ppl would have signed on for the game had they known that was the case.

As I said before its not a mortal sin to be a PSU fan, or like the game, or whatever, but if there is a thread about the review a game gets from a respectable game site, and ppl wanna' discuss there opinions about the game, there is no reason for ppl to get on and try to censor ppl. You don't need to be like STFU, and all of this, and that, its not needed. We are entitled to post our opinions, and so are you. We can make a million threads about psu's poor reviews, just like ppl can make a million threads about rare weapons, and all that. Ppl like -Shimarisu-
are so fixated on being morons that they miss the whole point of the thread. If you are not interested in this topic, don't reply.

Simply put, if you like PSU more power to you, but don't try to knock other ppl for not liking it. We are stating that the game is poor, and you all jump on us (who paid the same money you did) because we aren't buying it. Pretty much everyone who is pissed was a big PSO fan, and we WANTED This game to be good, so instead of trying to trash talk us off the boards just ignore the thread and enjoy PSU.

TheTasuke
Nov 18, 2006, 04:12 PM
All these bad reviews just make me feel really bad. Maybe the game's not the best game ever,(though it's quite possible)but it at least deserves a better score than that. The gameplay is a lot of simple fun and, despite being focused on grinding, at least it's not grinding covered in tons of pre-requisites. "Wait, you can't level past 55, you have to do a super long quest with two other parties and beat three ultra-hard notorious monsters! Wait, you can't level past 60, you have to go collect three objects in the most difficult areas of the game for no apparent reason! Wait, you didn't think you could actually max out your level to 75 did you? You have to beat an old guy named Maat for no reason!" (Final Fantasy XI references, bleh...) My point is, if these guys are complaining about the grinding, do what I do; try to explore every part of the game. I don't mean just all the areas;(since that isn't much right now) they could try raising their Partner Machinery, synthing, opening a shop, getting decorations for their room, buying clothes, customizing their character's natural appearance or giving them hats and glasses, level your Partner Machinery in combat, grindi-... I mean, upgrading your weapon, or just building your equipment to the best that it can be. Besides, isn't there going to be a story online, too?

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 04:13 PM
In short im getting the feeling Shim is trying to move this threat over to rants with her mouth again.

I love this game, you guys can bash it and i dont care; its not going to change my opinion. Im gonna keep playing it.
So please... keep whining away.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
The ONLY thing that bothers me with these reviews is that it will scare people away from PSU, which might lead SEGA to boycott the western world completely, causing the demise of US/EU PSU, forcing me to migrate to JP PSU in order to enjoy it fully, leaving my friends behind and all..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TheTasuke
Nov 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
That's my point. There's no way reviews like this will change the fact that I like it, but it might stop other people that have never even heard of PSO from trying it... *sigh*

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:13, SoiFong wrote:
In short im getting the feeling Shim is trying to move this threat over to rants with her mouth again.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

perdition
Nov 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:13, SoiFong wrote:

I love this game, you guys can bash it and i dont care; its not going to change my opinion. Im gonna keep playing it.
So please... keep whining away.

Amen.

Solma
Nov 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-18 12:05, perdition wrote:
This forum is for PSU players those who love it, and those who hate it.

Why should it be for those who hate it? I want you all to fuck the fuck off. You do nothing constructive at all, and your whining is nothing but a death knell for the game I love.

You're RUINING it. I literally DESPISE you. Get the FUCK OUT.

I'm with you I love the game... It doesn't make sence to post on PSU forum if you hate it. Play it or dont it's all the same to me.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:29 PM
My husband just wrote a review of this unrewarding and unfulfilling grind of a review, would you like to see it?

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 04:34 PM
why the heck not shim .. im in the mood for a laugh or two

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:37 PM
It wasn't very long because he couldn't be arsed reading it for the requisite amount of time to formulate a good opinion, but overall he thought it sucked.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:40 PM
THE TWO BIGGEST LIES THEY EVER TOLD US

1) That the bullying would stop when you left school. 2) That the bullying would stop when the Dreamcast died. Still, at this time when the Sonic review scores are stinking the fridge out and Phantasy Star Universe is taking a fairly steady hammering in the press despite almost unanimous user reviews of 8/10 and abover, let's time out to pay tribute to one man. A man of integrity. A voice of sense in amongst all the quibbling and backbiting. I refer to Ben Turner of Gamespy.

"I got tired of level grinding in Final Fantasy, and I'll get tired of it in this," says Ben of PSU. "Maybe it'll be worth coming back to when there's more content. Two out of five." Herr Turner, we veterans and conisseurs of inane, spiteful whining salute you. Marking a game down based on what it might be like in the future is old hat, but you sir have raised the bar for all of us by marking
one down on how you DON'T feel about it yet. For that... we thank you.

Ben concludes the review by admitting that he and his friends don't even bother with the gameplay - "We just party it up to voice chat, and that says it all really, doesn't it?" Well said. We submit that a grown man using the phrase "Party it up to voice chat" ENTIRELY WITHOUT IRONY to describe XB Live does indeed tell you everything you need to know about them. Yo.

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 04:40 PM
Anybody that let's a reviewer's opinion of a game affect their own opinion of said game, FAILS AT EVERYTHING. Same for people who treat the opinion as fact.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
Yup .. i just loled
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:43 PM
He's also an ex-magazine reviewer, and yeah, the pair of us are sick of this bullshit.

He wrote that for a blog of embittered ex-games reviewers. He's a school teacher now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yoruichi
Nov 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Lol, just lol

Solma
Nov 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Nice.

lokijam
Nov 18, 2006, 05:08 PM
if u think PSU is such a "flop" why are you even posting on this site. why are you even taking time out of your day to check these boards. And then you rip the game in such a way that u wnat the rest of us, who obviously like the game, to be like o ya, that guys right, this game does suck. Do us a favor and go post positively about games u do like, and stop being such a buzzkill!

Ruby-chan
Nov 18, 2006, 05:12 PM
Once again to note, though a lot of you missed it. Gamespy does regularly go back and do reviews of MMO's after so much time. So if the game is better a year from now the review will reflect that. It's a practice they've had for a long time.

And with regards to Shimarisu
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/b/b5/DoNotFeedTroll.png

Please obey the signs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-18 14:12 ]</font>

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-11-18 14:12, Ruby-chan wrote:
Once again to note, though a lot of you missed it. Gamespy does regularly go back and do reviews of MMO's after so much time. So if the game is better a year from now the review will reflect that. It's a practice they've had for a long time.

Please obey the signs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-18 14:12 ]</font>

L M F A O

Asra
Nov 18, 2006, 05:14 PM
lol the best thing is always.. they cry in those boards which dont actually affect the game...but yay...way to go

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
Please do not feed chickens to mobility-impaired leprechauns?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 14:27 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 05:30 PM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/678/gangstaxn1.jpg

Yoruichi
Nov 18, 2006, 05:31 PM
yeah wth is that? The irish people should be able to eat chicken too!

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 05:35 PM
I thought it was hoe giving a pimp a turkey as payment...

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 05:37 PM
poor hungry leprechauns! STOP THE OPPRESSION!

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 05:45 PM
http://ironicgamingnetwork.blogspot.com/2006/11/two-biggest-lies-they-ever-told-us.html

Link to uploaded review.

perdition
Nov 18, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-11-18 14:12, Ruby-chan wrote:

Please obey the signs.

lol

GO OHIO STATE!

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 06:20 PM
THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ATTENTION WHORING.

PICS OF MY CHARS NOW FOLLOW, FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy1.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy2.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy3.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy4.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy5.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy6.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy7.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy8.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy10.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy11.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/sexy12.jpg

/edit Arislan
Shimarisu, please don't hijack threads or use vulgar language. I know you've been around a while, at least as long as I have, but that should mean you should already know the rules. This is a verbal warning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-11-18 21:16 ]</font>

Bleemo
Nov 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
Despite Shimarisu's utterly vulgar language--I agree with her.

As I stated before: he didn't even attempt to focus on the highlights of the game. Everything to him was about comparing PSO to PSU, and a feeling of "nostalgia". It was a piss poor review. It really is almost as if he just ran through a couple of missions, found that you have to *gasp* run through missions constantly to level, and wrote a review about how he misses PSO.

Ogni-XR21
Nov 18, 2006, 06:53 PM
I have to say I totally agree with this review.

Someone wrote before that some of these reviews almost make him/her cry, well PSU has almost made me cry. There is just so much they ruined, so much they somehow messed up (dont't get me started on synthing, PM's, the mission system, the lobby system or non-existant rare drops). I've had days where I was so stressed by this game and it's community that I almost quit right away.

A few years ago my father had a stroke and to ease my mind I played a few hours of PSO. Now if I play an evening on PSU I sometimes turn of the game after a few hours feeling stressed/mad/angry. I wouldn't dare touch this game if I was stressed or needed to ease my mind.

With the last update it has gotten a bit better, but it still won't get me hooked like PSO did with each release (even BB got me more hooked from the beginning, and it had locked content too, and I had played the game for years already)

Though I won't give up hope yet, I hope that future updates will make it better (a big problem I have right now is that you simply cannot play support force), but there is something wrong with the core of this game. I will stick with PSU for a few more months, but as of now I don't see myself playing this game in a year or 2...

Don't get me wrong, I really want to love this game, I have waited for this game for years, and now that it's released I find myself not playing on a Saturday night but browsing a forum instead - I would never have thought that myself... I told all my friends that they won't see me for a while once PSU is released, but it seems like I was wrong.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
Though I agree completely with the review I do have an open mind, and I am extremely patient. The expansion disc could be promising if it lets me go toe-to-toe with Forces and one-shot them. Haha, I would really love PSU and even neglect my Nintendo Wii for weeks on end if we get PvP on the new disc.

Who knows. Maybe by then the game will recieved a 5/5? PSO Grew on me after I initially hated it. I give credit for that to the community. PSU does get repetative and I have fallen asleep on De Ragan runs*, but when people are chatting then the stages are alot funner. Especially when we're laughing at how the PS3 has utterly failed at launch and all but killed itself on the first day.

But anyway... Moatoob is hilariously evil and fun, and Neudaiz is as fun as it has always been. Parum is just a boring world. Nothing but the community and talkers can help Parum, but even being silent on Neudaiz and Moatoob won't ever kill it. I love those kinds of stages.

*I'm sorry but it's just a boring level with a boring boss with boring enemies and boring humans running around everywhere. :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-18 16:49 ]</font>

Ruby-chan
Nov 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
Well it /was/ supposed to be a gnarled little troll being fed a chicken. Though looking at it closer yes it does indeed look like a leprechaun.

And also, just a note: I actually did purchase the game for story mode, because I'm primarily a fan of Phantasy star 1, 2, and 4. Even have the japanese remakes of PS1&2. (And before you ask, no I haven't beat PS2 yet. It's hard.) But knowing that the original PS team isn't working on this game, and it's still action-rpg combat, I haven't exactly held out lots of hope for story mode. :/

Castelak
Nov 19, 2006, 12:17 AM
Once I saw this topic, I knew -Shimarisu- was going to go nuts, and started scrolling down to find her replies... this thread delivers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Nov 19, 2006, 01:37 AM
Well, it's expected, this thread has done its course. What said has been said many times before, good or bad. It's best to let it rest now.