PDA

View Full Version : Where is your sense of comradary?!

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:19 AM
I haven't been able to get online with PSU yet (stupid Comcast) but from reading these boards, people don't seem to understand the whole PARTY aspect of this freakin game. In PSO, we ALWAYS managed to split up drops, forces healed without bitching, hunters let other get their hits in, etc. Now maybe these boards are a microchasm of the whole PSU experience, but it just seems like something important has been lost since PSO. Can someone fill me in?!?!?!?!

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:21 AM
Money is harder to get, so people are, for now, more greedy. Only Forces, for the moment, can heal. So people are split three ways between healing normally, doing nothing but healing and not healing at all. It's just noobs.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 03:22 AM
Meh, minorities in online communities almost always complain the most and the loudest... >.>

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 03:24 AM
Wait... which PSO are you talking about?

Spread Needle 400% native/beast/machine/dark don't exactly let anyone hit anything, while all everyone did was keep doing those EXP quest over and over again with those duped hacked weapons. No need to heal when monster didn't get to move 5 mm. Btw, who cared for drops? Just take a dupe, and meseta were useless.

The only good thing I remember was challenge mode, that was pretty awesome.

Was PSOBB really good to a point that people share drops? omg?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-18 00:27 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:27 AM
No one shared, you just didn't know who got what.

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:27 AM
well, I guess I might be dating my PSO experience. i was on with the DC version day 1. I am talking about the beginning. Can't comment on PSOBB.

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2006, 03:29 AM
it always depended on your team / friends.
random games with strangers (possibly nubs) on the first block will mostly lack teamplay.
find yourself some people and you wont even notice there are greedy nubs around.
unless one of them happens to be your friend *nudges in no particular direction*

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 03:30 AM
I was there when PSO DC ver1 just started too, but I don't remember anyone care for anything because generally no one even know what a monomate was.

Oh, and offline lvling = godly. Ultimate mode with lv40 = easy lvling.

Never felt so much grind in a PS online game before, aside PSU. Not that bad though, if you had done some other MMO before...

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:30 AM
Quote:
"No one shared, you just didn't know who got what"

total BS! I always had a crew of 10 to 15 people who were tight as hell. any time I was on, my party consisted of me and 3 close friends. every good find was ANNOUNCED BEFORE PICK UP! I don't know what game you guys were playing, but when I was playing, it was fun and fair.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 03:33 AM
That was games with your close online friends. Much different than standard pick up games with random people. Occasionally you meet someone with the same ideals but for the most part people just grabbed everything that dropped and tossed the cheap stuff they didnt want in the first place when their inventory got full.

Me, I was primarily interested in blue armor boxes and red boxes on PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif PSU, my games are always set to rare: random normal: order unless I space out. But I still find fun in picking stuff up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-11-18 00:35 ]</font>

BooChan
Nov 18, 2006, 03:34 AM
I agree, no one shared on PSO because Meseta and weapons dropped frequently. Plus you can get lost in PSO dungeons. On PSu its survival of the fittest. PSO was a pick up and play action RPG. PSU actually tacks effort if you want to fully enjoy the game. Hence he reason why there are numerous locked games online. People solo like crazy because thats the only way you can get farm for items and make more meseta in terms of drop. Even though I befriended a group of guys who do speed runs on the relics in parum. 600 meseta every 8 to 10 minutes. So in an hour you would get a bout 6000 mseta and some experience and loot to boot. Because the game is set to in order and random rares.

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:36 AM
OK, I guess I just don't play that way. I don't see the benefit of playing with random players... The first time I died with a random party and someone jacked my double saber +5 I pretty much learned to play with my crew. Maybe that's the difference here... people are partying with random crews?!

BooChan
Nov 18, 2006, 03:39 AM
Not as much random partying as of late. Since everyone has found some buddies to farm with. I do it alot because I'm a people person. So far its not bad. I ran into some total idiots only once so far.

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 03:41 AM
Well, on PSO, they are right about the meseta dropping like crazy, but on PSU, my reign goes high as I have the issues I have with other MMORPGs: Stop sharing so you'll be rich again! Apparently, I have never reached to the 15k point (no shop... yet!), yet the 10k point was so great. I lose a lot more since it's more like giving away my stuff. I'm always poor because it's like a pet peeve of mines. If I'm rich, it means I hit a gold mine of stuff to sell. I enjoy my share-ness. Now I'm doomed to be poor forever! And being a force too, I'm not likely to get anything either. ;D

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 03:42 AM
granted you no longer drop your weapon upon death(thank heavens), there's still people who'll do stupid crap like boot you for dieing. you learn who not to play with. i know alot of people from FFXI i hang out with, and there's a few people i met on day 1 that are pretty cool and hang out with.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 03:42 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:36, Nia wrote:
OK, I guess I just don't play that way. I don't see the benefit of playing with random players... The first time I died with a random party and someone jacked my double saber +5 I pretty much learned to play with my crew. Maybe that's the difference here... people are partying with random crews?!

I dont see why people dont make random parties on PSU more often honestly. You don't drop or lose anything from dying besides a 300 points to your rank score at the end of the mission. Mostly what I see anywhere are passworded games whether they're farming or xping.

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:44 AM
I only bring this up because once I can get my PS2 online, I don't want to get into some "survival of the fittest" crap. I want to party with people who are looking out for each other. As a force, I had to "babysit" a lot but never complained. My team appreciated it. As such they showed their appreciation by letting me know of decent drops. After reading a lot of these boards, I had pretty much made up my mind to be a hunter because it seems like forces just wont prosper...

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:45 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:30, Nia wrote:
every good find was ANNOUNCED BEFORE PICK UP!

As far as you knew, that is.

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 03:47 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:44, Nia wrote:
I only bring this up because once I can get my PS2 online, I don't want to get into some "survival of the fittest" crap. I want to party with people who are looking out for each other. As a force, I had to "babysit" a lot but never complained. My team appreciated it. As such they showed their appreciation by letting me know of decent drops. After reading a lot of these boards, I had pretty much made up my mind to be a hunter because it seems like forces just wont prosper...

Oooor, you can do what I do, and not give a damn about the jerks and be what you want just because you don't make the community sway your decision!

...Crap, I just sounded like one of those motivational exercising teachers on the videos, didn't I?

Reminder EDIT: Take caution around Universe01.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-18 00:50 ]</font>

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 03:50 AM
Well, if someone ever want to make a large community of card list of friendly and helpful players, I will be glad to help out along with few of my priorities in my card list.

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:50 AM
Quote:
"As far as you knew, that is. "

OK, that's sort of silly. I mean seriously, when you spend hundreds of hours with a crew, you pretty much trust them. Of course you can't prove that they are giving you everything they think you might need, but at least there was trust. This kind of mentality is EXACTLY waht I am affraid of with PSU.

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 03:51 AM
Quote:
"Oooor, you can do what I do, and not give a damn about the jerks and be what you want just because you don't make the community sway your decision!"

WOW! I feel so empowered! I CAN be a force!

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 03:56 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:51, Nia wrote:
Quote:
"Oooor, you can do what I do, and not give a damn about the jerks and be what you want just because you don't make the community sway your decision!"

WOW! I feel so empowered! I CAN be a force!

If you're going to be on PC/PS2, tell me so that I can *try* to find you and give you some rods to use. However, don't ask me for armor. I have the two-star craptacular Brandline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nia
Nov 18, 2006, 04:01 AM
Quote:
"If you're going to be on PC/PS2, tell me so that I can *try* to find you and give you some rods to use. However, don't ask me for armor. I have the two-star craptacular Brandline."

SEE!!!! This is what I am looking for (not handouts! friendship!). I was just a little (or a lot) worried about spendind almost a week trying to get online just to wind up fending for my self... I have really fond memories of DC PSO. Even if PSU doesn't live up to its herritage gameplay wise, I just want it to have the same sense of community. THATS ALL! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 04:01 AM
Or find me. I have random stuff stored for the force I started and never really lvled lol XD

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 04:02 AM
I find new friends on PSU every day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I feel my handouts are devilishly evil. Just one tip though, have some caution when you're wading through Raffon Field Base on Parum in Universe 01. Seriously. Well, maybe not, but still!

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 06:49 AM
After reading several posts, I wanted to add something.

Before, back in the early days of PSU (yes, PSU, not PSO), I would always try to run out for boxes, or just grab any item possible before everyone. Nowadays, I don't care. I normally expect people to set games on random or order, and if I get things, I get things. The only things I pick up are from what I kill. Instead, everyone else runs and picks things up. You can tell who's greedy by whoever waits for YOU to open boxes, running in front of you to nab the item YOU just got, etc.

As for sharing and stuff.. Some random people are nice about it, say if it was something they didn't need (Like a FO picking up a Spear, and so forth). I don't know. I guess it just really depends on the luck of the draw. Either you meet nice people, or you don't.

Sydz
Nov 18, 2006, 07:10 AM
I will almost always keep my games open, and on item share, even when I am synth item farming. I can't stand the smash and grab mentality some players have, and in the thray it can be really unfortunate for FO's. I appriciate random pickup games, because its nice meeting new people.

About the Force healing thing, I've never actualy heard a FO complain in-game, only on messageboards.

AnamanaAU
Nov 18, 2006, 07:51 AM
This isn't PSO, deal with it.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 08:01 AM
The economy scheme in PSU is different now.. and often the case money becomes the root of all "evil" (<-figure of speech guys). Weither it is trying to justifly real-life money fees, or the greed of now trying to obtain hard earned meseta .. things have changed much since PSO ... and it was to be expected as a matter of fact, I had an idea the community was in a rough weather change the moment the words "Meseta will have a much more important role" were uttered.

We will have to overcome this new ideal ... and some will complain louder than others .. Quite frankly after the update hit, i saw a small glimmer of the old days... I truely believe things WILL get better.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 18, 2006, 08:12 AM
On 2006-11-18 04:10, Sydz wrote:

About the Force healing thing, I've never actualy heard a FO complain in-game, only on messageboards.

I most definitely agree with this. This gets a +1 from me.

Miyoko
Nov 18, 2006, 09:14 AM
I've always been one of those "Sharing types" in groups. I mean, if I pick up a 4 star sword in a mission, and I'm on my ranger, and the sword is an upgrade for a hunter in the group... Heck, I'll give it to them without asking anything in return. Why would I want to hang onto it, especially if giving it to someone else will help the entire team out?

Maybe it's just 'cause I tend to only play with a small group of friends that I avoid people being greedy and lame :l