PDA

View Full Version : Do you boot people/leave due to dying? If so, why? (Reply!)

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:50 AM
Thought this would be a fun poll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Simple as that.

Please reply if you answer!

Bleemo
Nov 18, 2006, 03:52 AM
Dying really isn't an issue for me, as I'm mainly just in random groups for EXP.

It would be nice to always carry Scape Dolls, but if someone dies and they didn't have one on them, I am always willing to give them chances. There isn't a reason to boot someone for dying, unless he simply plays recklessly and does it more than once.

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 03:53 AM
I don't kick for being a bad player, or for being stupid. I kick a person for being a complete fag even if we technically need him, without warning on 2nd offense.

Generally, I stick with my team through the depth of hell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-18 00:53 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 18, 2006, 03:53 AM
I've never booted anyone, let alone for dying. And I've never left a PT because someone died, but I DO always, without fail, say "lol..." within 10 seconds of said death.

Shit happens. Hunters get caught up in combos or Rangers get caught up in... wait, Rangers don't die... Point is, not everyone is staring at their HP. Shit happens, but if it happens alot, something's wrong.

Aaomi
Nov 18, 2006, 03:55 AM
Other...

Usually I'm the one that dies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bleemo
Nov 18, 2006, 03:56 AM
On 2006-11-18 00:55, Aaomi wrote:
Other...

Usually I'm the one that dies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

/kick

Lashiens
Nov 18, 2006, 03:59 AM
I boot purely based on the cause of said death. Shit happens, sometimes a death is unavoidable. (Megid, being that example.)

And then there are other times where the death could have been easily avoided, the person who died just happens to be an utter smacktard, is all. Example being, running around for 10 minutes sitting at 100 health (having around 900 at max), having a full compliment of -mates available to them and not using them, and then wading into the thick of battle like they're some kind of goddamn viking. Yeah.

You do something like that and mess it up for everyone else because you want to save a few bucks, get real. I'll boot your ass all the way back to the boot factory. Save your heroics for someone else's group. You play in my group that I'm running, you're playing on MY time, and my rules. Dumb death = dumb kick. Takes drastic measures to get that point across.

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 03:59 AM
I've noticed that in every party I've made, not one of them I've actually booted someone. I don't even HAVE an idea where the boot button is. I'm that paranoid. o_o

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 04:07 AM
I only kick people who try to tell ME how to play.

Only happened three times, and it was people trying to say they knew more about whsatever aspect of the game, when they were talking utter bullcrap.

YOU SHOULD FEED YOUR PM PURE FRUIT JUICE! *boot*

YOUR PM IS STUPID FOR NOT HEALING ME! *boot*

FYI YOUR FRIEND'S 50% DARK WEAPONS ARE NOT WORTH THAT MUCH! I SYNTH 50% MOST EVERY SINGLE DAY! *boot*

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 04:18 AM
generally, most people don't die with me around, i do a good job of keeping people healed, but it happens. i'm not too worried about it, unless it keeps happening for some completely stupid reason(guy walks INTO dragon fire more than twice).

hell, today me and some friends ate dirt to incap off Megid 6 times in one room.

Scuri
Nov 18, 2006, 04:18 AM
I've never removed anyone from my party. I suppose I would though if they keep dying over and over. But, a death every now and then won't get me riled up. I -will- kick people from my party that act like asshats or start talking shit. That kind of thing really pisses me off.

I have left a couple of parties before though because people get kicked for stupid, unfounded reasons. There are too many little kids playing...

SpikeOtacon
Nov 18, 2006, 04:29 AM
I've never kicked anyone, especially for dying. It happens, it's a natural part of life. So I lose a few points and drop a rank, so what? I'll just do it again later. Sometimes it's on accident, like when people get caught in "Puff the Magic De Ragon"'s flame and end up getting 8 or 9 consecutive hits in on them. If I notice foul play, i'll bring it up with them but most of the time I don't have to deal with it. I try to remain fairly open as a player, and that helps keep my experience decent.

daylight129
Nov 18, 2006, 05:29 AM
I think I'm in the minority for this but I wanna go out on a limb and say that the "leader rights" added in this game are really, really lame. Especially booting.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 18, 2006, 05:52 AM
On 2006-11-18 02:29, daylight129 wrote:
I think I'm in the minority for this but I wanna go out on a limb and say that the "leader rights" added in this game are really, really lame. Especially booting.

I'm going to say I only half agree with you. It is excellent for party leaders who aren't douchebags and who aren't power hungry. If it is used properly, it is an absolutely beautiful tool used to get rid of true annoyances.

On the other hand, a lot of people are greedy and will use the leader rights as a means to only destroy the gaming experience for others. In that respect, the leader rights are a major problem. Taking these two sides into hand, it seems that the negative effects are felt more often than the positive, but perhaps the ones who are using it as it was intended aren't speaking up because they want to salvage what's left of their game.

-Ryuki-
Nov 18, 2006, 05:55 AM
Well now, we all know that none of you are patient, and are as nice as me XD

I say that, because no matter who dies OR how many deaths there are, I forgive people no matter what. When the mission's over, it's THEIR decision if they want to stay. I don't force them to stay, nor do I force them out with a push of a button. That's just how I do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2006-11-18 03:08 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Nov 18, 2006, 05:59 AM
I boot people if they're fat, if they have a silly name, if they're small, if they're too tall, if they're using their newbie equipment. Actually, just kidding. I'll only boot people in the following situations;
A) They're leeching a free ride to a midpoint without working for it.
B) If they're annoying.
C) If they don't heal themselves when they can.
D) If they're an anal force or hunter who expect others to play the game for them.

NinjaSalad
Nov 18, 2006, 06:04 AM
I had a few moments back in DC PSO where a boot option would be a godsend, from the sounds of it people are abusing it here tho.

Kuea
Nov 18, 2006, 06:10 AM
If I'm in a party, I never leave due to rank stuff :> chances are I'll show up a minute or so into the game and not get S anyway~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

the last few games I've played in I've been hopign for S rank, but only to have someone die, then leve right away cause they won't get an S rank due to their death :>

idiots literally never heal themselves and depend on the hunters like myself to heal them :> be smart, use your own mates instead of wanting to save them! :>

people like this is why I tend to not carry moons or star atomizers anymroe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif though I do always carry at least one scape doll on me at all times =3 I think I have two right now~ and if people are ever worried about me dyign and want to boot me just in case, I tell them that I have however many scape dolls, and if I start to get low on HP after so many deathes, to boot me if it makes them feel more secure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

only times I've ever had to tell people that though, I've been the lowest level by a lot, AND was still the one who took the least damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and one of the ones who DOESN"T die XD

~edit~
I voted I play solo since about 80% of the time I do :> I need to find more people on 360 who I can play games with more often then once!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kuea on 2006-11-18 03:11 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Nov 18, 2006, 07:51 AM
My God you people are too nice. Being in the boss-girl position, I only expect the best out of my members, and play the game like it should. I've booted people for dying, mainly because they're too low of a level to handle the misssion, or they just suck. If you die, you will explain to me what happened. If your low on mates, I'll be glad to lend some to you. Basically I have zero tolerance for BS. I won't kick out people I'm friends with though, because it isn't right.
Leader rights are wonderful, they definitely satisfy my needs. With what said though, I won't use them without a reason to. When we complete the mission, I will always compliment the the party, it shows people respect your position.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-18 05:00 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 18, 2006, 08:49 AM
Rule 1 about being a Force with Resta: People don't die.
Rule 2 about being a Force with Resta: Only I'm allowed to die.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2006, 09:11 AM
Kanore..forces are not immune to the boot button. I've seen it happen and the result is part of my "Code". Booting force = My ass is gone too.

Anyway, I'm a DC veteran. . I stick to the ancient ways(lol) of player/in game etitquette, I can't spell it ._. So lets say "manners". I buy moons for a reason, I use them for a reason. As leader of party I will never boot someone over a death. I WILL boot someone who gives said dead person a hard time. I will not have that Phantasy Star Emoverse crybaby whining and complaining going on in my games. Especially during a boss fight.

On the opposite end, this is exactly why I try my hardest to continue my no death streak with every game I enter. I don't wont to know how it feels to be booted and I don't wont to know how it feels to be called this and that over my death. It really disgusts me when people go nuts on a person dying.

Miyoko
Nov 18, 2006, 09:15 AM
Meh, I don't kick people who die. Sometimes, people just have bad days and bite the dust more often than usual. There's no point complaining about it, and booting them from the team isn't going to bring your rank back up. *shrug*

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 09:19 AM
I hate leaving things unfinished.. and I dont like penalizing someone for wiping .. its too elitist.. If I ever get so concerned about my S rank that this may be a factor; I would rather play it with a well oiled team, in a private game. Im not going to go so far as to rag on a complete stranger for thier playing skills. Thats just stupid to me. Everyone has thier own learning curve and playing stlye .. sometimes sh!t happens.

Sychosis
Nov 18, 2006, 09:37 AM
I boot people in two cases regarding deaths:

1) When you run into Adahna's ass rape cannon, more than once. Even once is suspicious.

2) Making fun of someone dying. My little brother died on De Ragan, some douche then said "We can all thank Maria for losing the s rank." the worst part was everyone began saying "Thanks Maria!" I then instructed him to blacklist everyone in the party for monumental jackassery. I was absolutely livid when I saw the treatment he got.

Regular deaths should not be a problem. It's sad how everyone has "Sorry it was an accident!" shortcutted to avoid bootings. Too many boot happy grinders running around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-11-18 10:29 ]</font>

LocGaw
Nov 18, 2006, 09:41 AM
I boot for:
*Squeekers- Irratating voice commentary...
*Argumentive players...
*Running off on your own...
*Item swiping...Go into a room and sit there to collect the "ordered" + "random" drops and not contribute to the combat...
** I am thinking about booting people for not carrying Antimates/Moon Atomizers as well.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-11-18 06:41, LocGaw wrote:

** I am thinking about booting people for not carrying Antimates/Moon Atomizers as well.

Oh this may be "popcorn time" folks! ::evil grin::

ezcactus
Nov 18, 2006, 10:48 AM
First time i had to boot someone was yesterday. I started up a moaboob group which obviously filled up fast. It was my first time going through the area, along with a few others as well. We cleared the first area easily, and started up the next area. Well, we were pretty surprised to see 3 of those rhino men pop up. Someone got cornered, paralyzed, and stomped to death tag team style. Immediately, someone goes "Cya dude."

At first I thought he was gonna bail because someone died, but later he said "Leader boot him."

After telling him no, he threw a fit and said that I didn't care about rank because I was already 50 (not sure what that has to do with it). Followed up with a "Since we don't care about rank like die like idiots" comment, it didn't take long for me to pull up the remove member menu and boot him. The rest of us finished up the mission with no problem.

Sad part, he was one of the guys that mentioned it was his first time running the place. Guess some people can't put aside progression to have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So no, I don't boot outright just because someone died. People have to learn somehow, and a death from time to time can help with that. Besides, the rank is already messed up, so who cares. And on ranks, you're going to get a ton of cash on your way to the level cap anyway. Getting that one A rank on De Regan isn't going to ruin your character's financial status throughout your entire PSU career.

Zalana
Nov 18, 2006, 11:29 AM
These people are human too on the other side of the screen, they make mistakes just as well as we do. No one is perfect... besides me.

JAR
Nov 18, 2006, 11:43 AM
So true, I've never been booted for dying and I always replace the person's moon to show my appreciation, and if someone dies who's a good player I will moon them if I get to them first. The only times I ever boot anyone is for item hogging/poaching, THIS DRIVES ME ABSOLUTE FUCKIN' NUTS! Man, so many people do this and it panicks people who would otherwise not do it into becoming item hogs. This has been my one and only issue playing with other human beings.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 18, 2006, 11:50 AM
I only boot people if they're too strong and don't allow other people to attack. Well, maybe I can handle that a little bit, but it's EVEN WORSE when they're a Hunter Item Hog too!!!!!! I had a person like that join in my group on a C mission on Moatoob yesterday. They were level 39. Go do some B runs girl.

Nietzsche
Nov 18, 2006, 12:04 PM
the only time i booted anyone from one of my parties was because they died 3 times in one mission and they were most certainly not unavoidable (Plains Overlord B)

LocGaw
Nov 18, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-11-18 06:44, SoiFong wrote:

On 2006-11-18 06:41, LocGaw wrote:

Oh this may be "popcorn time" folks! ::evil grin::

Well, dieing happens. Getting debuffed happens. You can't fault that...

Sitting dead on the floor of a boss fight when nobody has a Moon Atomizer is bad...

Also, if you are missing a Fo in your PT how do you cope with DOT and debuffs? Do you stand in the lobby and say,"need Fo for "X" run"? Standing there with debuffs active and no way to cure that stuff on your own is bad...

SoiFong, I am not refering to you in this discussion. Just using pro-nouns... lol!

Chisa
Nov 18, 2006, 12:12 PM
I normally don't boot for deaths. Yes, i may get annoyed, but I don't usually boot them. today i had someone in Grove of Fanatics, level 12, at level 11 I had no issue with this dungeon, but obviously this ranger did, and I'm a force! seems even though we explained the boss before we entered (since we knew we had one other newbie with us) they didn't listen and not only died once, but TWICE. I'm sorry but Adahna Degahna is not that hard, and really is probably the easiest boss in the game... but seriously.... ok rant on that, over.

another thing that causes me to boot/leave is people telling me what I am doing is wrong. I played a force in PSO for quite some time, and I don't need some elitist bastard telling me how to play a force. "why are you using a wand and a handgun? rod is better?" my reply being "Because this is my effective way to tag mobs before unloading my spells upon them." they then said that guns were useless to a force and asked if I ever heared of AoE. Yes, i know what Area of Effect is, but the time that it takes to cast an AoE and some mobs that go underground, or teleport/fly/jump etc they move out of range and then in the end I wasted time and the hunter/ranger already killed it. so why not use a wand/gun to easily tag THEN move over to my nice little haji? hmm? I'm sorry but AoE is not alwyas the most effective way to tag mobs, grove of fanatics, maybe, but Parum relics? hell no. x.x

ok I'll stop ranting off-topic, I just felt it had some relevance, up to you to decide. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

~Sachiko

lotte
Nov 18, 2006, 12:36 PM
I dont boot anyone for dying...

I would boot someone if it was like on purpose or something, but hey, everyone makes mistakes. Even me *gasp*

Thats why I always carry scapes.

ChibiMyu
Nov 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
I feel I'm pretty tolerant about deaths and such. It would be ideal if everyone carried a scape or two, but it's no biggie if someone dies without one. Everyone makes mistakes. However, flat out rudeness or disregard for other players can earn you a boot in my parties.

I haven't actually booted anyone yet, but I've come close twice:

- One time I was doing B Relic runs, and when we got to the fork in the tunnel, everyone else went right, and this one person went left. At least twice he went into yellow hp and didn't heal himself immediately. The second run we did, he did the same thing, so I asked him to please stick with the group. Now if there had been a third run after that... *boot*

- Another time someone disappeared without saying anything for about 2 blocks. He didn't say anything when he came back either. If he hadn't been back by the time we reached the boss... *boot* I have no problem with semi-long afks if you say something. We all have stuff happen in real life... sometimes really weird stuff. (like I had to afk in a party in FFXI because my dorm had an unannounced firedrill, so, yeah.. o_O)

And I will most certainly leave if someone secretly changes the loot distribution from random or set by order to finders keepers in the middle of a party and then STARTS LOOTING BOXES IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT. Not only are they stealing all the loot, they're leaving my squishy force to handle a room full of angry monsters all by my lonesome. I dunno, next time that happens I might get too lonely and go afk in the middle of the room. With my armor unequiped. And without saying something of course. And then they can boot me.

Candor
Nov 18, 2006, 12:44 PM
only had to boot someone for dieing once. he joined in my game for the first Parum mission (can't remember name), so i figure whatever as long as he doesn't start taking all the items while expecting a free ride. next thing i know he is dead and saying lol repeatedly *boot*

so yeah, next time you want to boot someone for dieing, remember this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-18 09:45 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
I boot for deaths due to ignorance. e.g. no Scape Dolls and not healing when it's obvious they will be one-shot killed.

Razorback
Nov 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
It depends, like if a force keeps dieing, but doesnt heal others, ill boot him, stuff like that, or item whores

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 18, 2006, 01:23 PM
I never met anyone who was so much of an asshole to kick someone out for dying. I heard someone calling this girl an asshole cuz she died @ the de ragan, but he wasn't the leader so he couldn't kick, but I'm sure he would have done it.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 02:55 PM
I depends, realy if you do some thing stupid I will kick you.

Ryoki
Nov 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
I only boot my PM for getting low on life. and only sometimes at that. usually I'll just go with it. But right now, I have to get ranger to level 3 for figunner, which I can bet you 50% of people who said that they were going to be figunners, haven't even set foot in ranger yet.

________
HERBALAIRE REVIEW (http://herbalairevaporizer.com/)

Natrokos
Nov 18, 2006, 04:42 PM
Depends on situation.

LoserMaster
Nov 18, 2006, 04:52 PM
I only boot when people troll. I don't have to listen to your hate. Also elitists must die.

However, when I join a group where it says something "Everyone join, fun times" and the leader starts ranting and cursing (and I mean lots of ammounts of cursing) at me for: joining, taking any loot, getting hurt (not killed), or killed, I immediately commit suicide and leave. It's worth it. Right before I leave I see text bubbles saying "W T F!!!"

I only do it if people have been a complete jerks so don't worry, I wont just randomly ruin an S.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 18, 2006, 05:08 PM
Well since I am only 40 and just grouping for the exp since ranger is 10. I will stick with um. It's not like I lose exp when they die.

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 05:22 PM
It'd be pretty hypocritical for me to boot for deaths, seeing as I do a fair share of them myself.
Damn you ohmagohd! And damn you're fugly cousin too. =(

Thankfully, I've yet to meet anyone who takes a GAME so seriously as to boot for a single death. Boot someone for being a dick, yeah, but boot for anything else and you're just being a fucking prat.