PDA

View Full Version : I should have picked a better name.

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 04:16 AM
Apparently, I was thinking that my whole username wouldn't fit in the box and I used just part of it (it's fun when you imagine the text limits), but then I found out I could fit my name in there, but I already have some levels clocked in and Sega should have put in being able to change your name since we do have invidiual ID numbers, but noooo. Most likely because the shop searchers will get confused by the change.

Okay, I think I got my rant out. I expect at least 70% of the people posting to disagree with me, it's realistic.

*paranoid*

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 04:30 AM
on one character i made a name typo and didn't notice it till level 6. i just dropped the equipment in the account storage box, and remade the character. though i know what you mean =)

Arieta
Nov 18, 2006, 09:59 AM
Hehe at least you're not named Kos-Mos. I think I ran into 6 differant versions of that name *just today* (!).

Zarbolord
Nov 18, 2006, 10:04 AM
Oh dear :$

Arias
Nov 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
I guess I'll be running into LOADS of Arias by the time i get online...

Oyako
Nov 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
I know that feeling * tear* I wish I had done the same to my main but at lvl 32 I think it's a little too late...

Rizen
Nov 18, 2006, 10:18 AM
I dont think I have see another Rizen around >> <<
I seen dozens of Sephiroths, KOS-MOSs, Clouds, Soras, Schalas, and most popular Yoruchi(sp?).

Arieta
Nov 18, 2006, 10:18 AM
It's *never* to late Oyako!! I already have a level 50 character called Arieta, but I didn't make the character right and it started to bug me a little. My legs were way to thin (they were at default setting so they looked like twigs with no pants on or stockings). Soooo I Arieta Mk2. Or Arieta Traydor. I threw in the last name since I didn't even know we could ahve one in the first place and I would've picked that anyways if I had known.

Then I fixed what needed to be fixed and I'm glad I did because she looks so much better. Already back to level 36 with this char and plan to be 50 (again) sometime next week.

Arias
Nov 18, 2006, 10:20 AM
I thought (might be wrong here), that if you created a Network character, you couldn't remake it? :S my bro said that >.>

Arieta
Nov 18, 2006, 10:29 AM
you can remake. If you need to clear a slot you just select that character, then instead of hitting "enter" you hit "create". This deletes that character and lets you remake a new one. Though I didn't delete my 50, I'm not crazy like that. It has a good leveled up PM that I'll be using to synth weapons.

Blu_Swade
Nov 18, 2006, 11:41 AM
I had my char named Ria Arlo, it was so annoying to have them say the whole thing >_< I accidently saved over though, so I got to change it.

also, I was sad that "The Magnificent Ronin Cooper" wouldn't fit ;_; all I could fit was "The Magnificent Ro", so I went with "Cooper", although I still may change it to "Ronin Cooper".

that's how I roll.

Dr_Lantis
Nov 18, 2006, 11:55 AM
I love the names of my characters (as shown in sig); also, my mule is named Aqualung.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 18, 2006, 12:14 PM
On 2006-11-18 07:18, Rizen wrote:
I seen dozens of Sephiroths, KOS-MOSs, Clouds, Soras, Schalas, and most popular Yoruchi(sp?).

I have not seen a s ingle Sephiroth, Cloud, Sora, or Schalas. I have seen one Yoruichi and a KOS-MOS who I know in real life.

_Deliverance_
Nov 18, 2006, 12:40 PM
I hate when people use "fan bo" names http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2006-11-18 09:40 ]</font>

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 12:49 PM
On 2006-11-18 09:14, Shiroryuu wrote:

I have not seen a s ingle Sephiroth, Cloud, Sora, or Schalas. I have seen one Yoruichi and a KOS-MOS who I know in real life.

The only Yoruichi I know is "my" Yoru who I play with. I know there is one other out there who dosent even LOOK like her lol. I have seen 3 Kos-Mos, only one of them had blue hair and the color scheme. Ive seen a Blonde pigtailed Tifa Lockheart. I dont mind fan names, Im just a big time stickler on people making the character have a fan-name and then look NOTHING like the character. Its a peeve of mine, but I'mnot paying thier bills, they can do whatever they want. Oh Im a fan name too ha ha...

shojumaru
Nov 18, 2006, 02:24 PM
I saw a Sephiroth and a Cloud together, both wearing matching clothes. I promptly laughed in their faces.

Jemofallkinds
Nov 20, 2006, 02:48 AM
To be honest, I've remade some characters at least 4 times already. First, I didn't like the way they looked. Then it was the name cuz I kept seeing people with last names. I guess it just shows how anal I am about my characters. XD ^_^;;

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-11-18 06:59, Arieta wrote:
Hehe at least you're not named Kos-Mos. I think I ran into 6 differant versions of that name *just today* (!).

Don't forget Mini KOS-MOS.

pkazama
Nov 20, 2006, 03:10 AM
ever seen 3 dancing Oranges? Normally i saw one Orange in that area dancing
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/pkazama/uhh3.jpg

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 03:53 AM
"Hi i pay 10$ a month so I can keep my PC on and put a paper weight on my keyboard and dance around on a MMORPG, yeah I am cool like that " :/

My name is Dierdre I love the name it sounds cool and actually has meaning, means woman of darkness was my warlocks name in WoW.

However when I found you can use japanese in this game.... I wanted to remake so bad! but alas I dont have the time/dedication to restart at lvl 30ish when I found out. I am lvl 44 now and maybe when I hit 50 I can just make an alt with a cool japanese name.

Oh actually my alt is already made starting a mind mag with him his name is king kashu in japanese, from lodoss war. A beast that will be a wartecher or a pure warrior what ever they are called. Looks kinda close to him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kingu Kashyu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif you shall see me one day, and finaly I can go uber beast mode like everybody else.

ZiG
Nov 20, 2006, 04:50 AM
Unfortunately, I used a nickname I've had for around 6 years now, having completely forgotten the Xenosaga character. Much to my chagrin, about 10 other people DIDN'T forget said Xenosaga character, and use the same name, Ziggy. I really wish I could change my name. I've always been one to roll my eyes and scoff at people using names of characters from popular games/movies/books (although I DO have a Miles Teg mule, from the Dune Saga, but that's a joke to go with my roommate's Duncan Idaho. Dune > all)...

Rename Card, please, Sega.

Polenicus
Nov 20, 2006, 08:54 AM
Actually, the most common reference names I've seen have been from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Seriously, 3 Angs, 5 Kataras, about 10 Zukos and I don't know how many Touphs (Two in my partner card list alone!)

Some are better than others. One Touph I swapped cards with because they got the character look and feel dead on... right to the eyes.

I try and avoid obvious references in my naming. Most of them are made up. 'Hirilonde' isn't, but you REALLY gotta be on your geek to catch it.

fireant
Nov 20, 2006, 08:59 AM
I found a name noone uses, I named my force PopCorn. I did see a guy named pepsi and one name coke in the same game.

Neith
Nov 20, 2006, 08:59 AM
I would've had Uriko Nonomura, but I kept it at Uriko, incase I saw another person using the full name. I'm seeing a couple of Bloody Roar names so far- Shina (Marvel >_>), Long, and Xion.

Been complemented a bit on having a character that does resemble her video games namesake too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Edit: I recently saw a 'hideki' and a 'chi' running round together, which I thought was amusing. Just needed a Shinbo and a Sumomo to complete the illusion of Chobits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-11-20 06:02 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Nov 20, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-11-18 09:49, SoiFong wrote:

On 2006-11-18 09:14, Shiroryuu wrote:

The only Yoruichi I know is "my" Yoru who I play with. I know there is one other out there who dosent even LOOK like her lol. I have seen 3 Kos-Mos, only one of them had blue hair and the color scheme. Ive seen a Blonde pigtailed Tifa Lockheart. I dont mind fan names, Im just a big time stickler on people making the character have a fan-name and then look NOTHING like the character. Its a peeve of mine, but I'mnot paying thier bills, they can do whatever they want. Oh Im a fan name too ha ha...

Lol, that's silly. None of the faces really looked like Raine, and none of the chars have headbands... I tried at first to make Raine look like the character but then I stopped caring. I go to the makeover shop at least once every 2 days so I'm not worried about looking like the vg character. If I made a character named after myself you think I should make her look like me? I'll tell you right now, I can't make my hair color in the game, I tried and it doesn't work.

I've seen a few Clouds, and Sephiroths, a couple of Mega Mans, but I think Kos Mos is the one I have seen the most often. There are a few Raine's in the game, but I am the only Raine Loire... and I've never seen another Laguna, besides mine.