PDA

View Full Version : [sorry] Explain Ranks please?

SabZero
Nov 18, 2006, 06:22 AM
I never found out what those ranks are all about. I'm guessing a>b>c, and s is best. But I know nothing else. Like what are the conditions you have to meet (points, time)?

I know it's a newbie question, but there's no guide for ranks (or is there?)....

NinjaSalad
Nov 18, 2006, 06:27 AM
I think not dieing aids to getting a better grade at the end of the mission.

cobfab
Nov 18, 2006, 06:29 AM
S Rank - Find every enemy and kill them without anyone dying(scape dolls doesn't count as a death)
A Rank - you missed some enemies or you or a party member died once
B Rank - you missed some enemies and died once or died twice but killed every enemy
C Rank - Missed enemies and died too many times

They're timed too so if you take too long, 100 points is taken off I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobfab on 2006-11-18 03:36 ]</font>

February
Nov 18, 2006, 06:36 AM
joining mid mission also docks you a grade

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 07:00 AM
Online missions arent timed. Joining late gives you points based on a percentage of the total mission time you were there.

Itsuki
Nov 18, 2006, 04:12 PM
Bruce's mission, which will be added later, has a time element to it. But its really the only online mission that has one.

Now, you can check your mission briefing after a mission and find out exactly how many points you're getting. In most online missions, monsters killed will max out at 700 points, then you get an extra 300 points for not having anyone die. Making 1000 for S-rank. A-rank is I think 600-999, B is 500-599, C is anything less (I think). If you kill everything, but have one person die, that +300 for no-one dying turns into -100. Assuming you kill everything you get 600 or an A. If 2 people die, the max you can get is 500, which is a B.

SabZero
Nov 19, 2006, 05:26 AM
Thanks, Itsuki, and cobfab! Very well explained.

Randomness
Nov 19, 2006, 08:42 AM
Well, if you want to be REALLY technical, the tutorial mission is also timed, but thats... pathetically easy.

Pandatron
Nov 19, 2006, 09:31 AM
Also not sure of this was stated but disconnecting mid-mission and rejoining that mission counts you as just joining mid-mission so your grade is extremely punished by that. So ya those with laggy connections knows what i'm talking about. However if you camp outside a mission while a group does a mission and they get an S your also recieve an S just from camping lol.