PDA

View Full Version : kick me out?

Animosity
Nov 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
the other day i joined a mission with 2 lvl 30 guys but i was lvl 7. i could actually do the mission so its not like i would die since im a ranger. one of the pricks said im not baby sitting and kicked me from the party without even seeing how skilled i am.so my question is have you guys ran into alot of people like this or are you one of these people?

Arieta
Nov 18, 2006, 10:15 AM
Depends on the mission really. If they're doing it just to hitch a ride to like raffon base, I havn't seen any of the high levels care if a lower level joins. Since they don't care about the rank or anything. If they're trying to do it for a ranking though, they might feel worried you'll die and kick you out.

I've had level 1-3's join C de graon. I don't care how skilled you are, no you're not staying in the group.

Maxurion
Nov 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
Well, a little bit of a level difference is OK, but...

23 levels? What made you think they WOULDN'T kick you out?

Animosity
Nov 18, 2006, 10:23 AM
cuz usually i join parties like that and no one kick me cuz im really better then them.

Shinou
Nov 18, 2006, 10:29 AM
On 2006-11-18 07:23, Animosity wrote:
cuz usually i join parties like that and no one kick me cuz im really better then them.

Hmm arent we arrogant.

Minswune
Nov 18, 2006, 10:31 AM

Not an awesome attitude imo <.<

either way, yeah, if a few level 30's are running a mission ie- C de ragan for some quick mission points/cash, i could understand them not wanting a level 7 in the party, even if you are "skilled" one slip up (ie- dragon ramming you or tail swiping you, or "leader" Vahra hitting you) and you stand a good chance of dieing in a single hit

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 10:39 AM

Oh please.. maybe thats why they kicked you mister 7th level expert, I would... Gland some ego-suppressant will ya?

happy_cricket
Nov 18, 2006, 10:41 AM
I once joined a party with a guy who was like twice my level. Whenever I join a high level party, I ask if it is okay right off the bat, as I'd rather leave myself than get booted. He said something along the lines of "Well..... I guess.... just don't die....".

Minutes later he gets surrounded by a mob and killed. I LOL'd.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 11:00 AM
Well, you were significantly weaker than them. I don't blame them for kicking you out, I would've done the same. I've tried letting low levels come along with me before, and it's only worked out one time. A Lv 4 Ranger on De Ragon C who didn't die, yet some of our Lv 15's did. Claw, he is the ONLY exception. =P

Pikku
Nov 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
Sheesh join my party when Im not locked in it alone lol.
I really dont care who joins when I make a party.
IF a level 1 can get into a level B or A mission though....
Unless Im leveling one of my other classes (Hunter 10 but Im leveling my Skills)

Animosity
Nov 23, 2006, 11:19 AM
you shouldnt kick someone from a de regan run you should tell them how to it. just shoot him once then run and let the other handle it so that you dont die.

9lotus
Nov 23, 2006, 11:28 AM
If you can't /won't contribute much, why should they bear the risk of you dying?

physic
Nov 23, 2006, 11:34 AM
to be honest, they were on a c rank mission, as 30s, so yeah its entirely possible that he was closer to thr proper level for the mission than they were. BTw on first day we tried 3 maning dragon, we were like level 8, that ra was able to fight for like 40 minutes, and now im sure teh same dude could do it for hours.

he may have been underlevel, depends on the level he was at, but if you dont want levels 7 joining a mission with no, or a low level rank, you should probably lock it.

AeraLure
Nov 23, 2006, 11:35 AM
Some level 7s are just fine - my ranger at level 7 or 8 (cant remember, but it was right around there) had 4-star armor and grinded 3-star guns and more than held her own, since she was a secondary character. More than well equipped for her level. A brand new level 7 on the other hand might be a liability. Possibly you would have been no burden at all and even an asset, as you say, but there is no way for them to have known.

They also did give you a reason (concern on your being a burden) so obviously they were looking for levels a little closer to their own. You really cannot fault them for kicking you, but sure, they could have put something like "Level 15+ please" or something to that effect in the party comment area. Dont take it personally, many others would not have minded at all.

You might want to adjust your attitude slightly. Cant go assume you are better than everyone else you play with and than expect not to get kicked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 12:01 PM
Even if I was with another 50 on De Ragan C I'd kick anyone below 10.

I rarely kick.

Knownoes
Nov 23, 2006, 12:09 PM
I've been kicked before for being 'too low level'. Apparently some people think you need to be level 30+ to handle de ragon B.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-23 09:10 ]</font>

Aegias
Nov 23, 2006, 12:10 PM
Its possible that they just forgot to lock it, and kick anyone out. But yeah lvl 7 is semi low, not saying your bad, but on most universes the average person (especially hunter) is horrible and obnoxious. You might be a ray of sunshine, but you staying long enough to die for me to find out.

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 12:11 PM
On 2006-11-23 09:09, Knownoes wrote:
I've been kicked before for being 'too low level'. Apparently some people think you need to be level 30+ to handle de ragon B.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-23 09:10 ]</font>

People also discriminate you because of age and race in real life because they apparently think you're inferior. Let it go and find another group.

Knownoes
Nov 23, 2006, 12:13 PM
Complaing is more fun.

ISIWATARI
Nov 23, 2006, 12:19 PM
I got kicked recently from I beleive it was a Dragon A run (Im a lvl 31 beast hunter). I joined probably about halfway so I wasnt gonna get a good rank anyway so I wasnt too pissed, but they kicked me right in the middle of the dragon fight after I went beast on him and took a good chunk out of his life. Apparently it was just because a force joined even though that doesnt make any sense because we only had five people to begin with when he joined and we were already in the dragon, so in order for that force to take part they would either have to abandon or all die.

FinalDragon
Nov 23, 2006, 01:12 PM
I only kick people if they join the group and it's going to cause my entire party to disband within a few moments. Otherwise, if they're pulling off some damage and making the fight even somewhat shorter, they can stay. If they're not, I'll probably start to suggest to them they try a lower leveled mission since they don't seem to be getting experience. >__>

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-11-23 08:19, Animosity wrote:
you shouldnt kick someone from a de regan run you should tell them how to it. just shoot him once then run and let the other handle it so that you dont die.

Honestly, if I saw a level 7 join for De Ragan, I probably would kick them also.

I don't really care how "good" you are, one hit by almost anything and you're dead at that level, and you instantly screw up the rank. The only way you're not going to get hit is if you stand back and don't do anything, which just makes you a leech and is still not a reason to keep you on the team.

If they're way ahead of you in levels and running C rank missions, they're probably doing money runs and death/rank is important, so at that point it really is just babysitting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-23 10:17 ]</font>