PDA

View Full Version : Ever been booted for being too lucky?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 18, 2006, 01:35 PM
I was doing a De Ragan A run with a lvl 3 luck leader, and 5 rares dropped during the run. A Kubara Wood, Moon X, Omega Acid, Par Ebon, and a De Ragan Tail. The loot was set on rares - random normal - in order. I got all 5 rares and they thought I was hacking so they booted me.

I wish I had gotten the Crea Saber board the round before ;(

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 18, 2006, 01:36 PM
well I was a party leader and Was doing B rank D ragen when I recieved a De ragen tail... only thing I got all game and everyone was pissed off that they didnt get it so they all left.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 01:38 PM
ooh goody!
you were sooooo lucky .. oh sooooo lucky ...
lucky lucky lucky!
look at how lucky you were!
oh woe is how lucky you were!
poor you .. you were so lucky!
you got booted!? omg!
But you are oh so lucky! Like lucky buddah! You can find another party to be lucky in!
oh so lucky!

Eternal_Drake
Nov 18, 2006, 01:39 PM
Oh dont get me wrong Im not complaining, I got my tail I could care less about some party. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen

Lastat27
Nov 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
I've seen this once before where someone got four rares in a row. Only one person complained about it and he ended up leaving the party vowing to only play Give Finder for the rest of his days. Rest in peace Zyre.

Some complain that "if" you did get 4-5 rares in a row that you should give one or two to someone else. I disagree with this, for another day your bound to get zero rares the entire day, and no one's going to complain to the party about that.

If it's on random, then there is that small chance that someone could get 100 rares in a row. It'll probably never happen, but it can.

Hresvelgr
Nov 18, 2006, 02:01 PM
SoiFong reminds me of that crazy taiwaneese knife woman from Black Lagoon o_O'

GeoHolyhart
Nov 18, 2006, 02:05 PM
I could care less who gets the rare, if I do, I do, I don't, I don't. The system is randomly selecting a person to give it to, if it isn't me, I'm not going to cry about it. Just so no one thinks I'm being understandable because I never had a chance for extremely rare items. I've been in parties and haven't gotten relic edges, rappy feathers, etc... Give it time and something will come your way.

MayLee
Nov 18, 2006, 02:09 PM
When I was lucky I entered a room and started killing off enemies and when a rare dropped I was kicked, they used me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

GeoHolyhart
Nov 18, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-11-18 11:09, MayLee wrote:
When I was lucky I entered a room and started killing off enemies and when a rare dropped I was kicked, they used me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I heard luck only matters when the leader of the mission FIRST starts the mission. So if you entered mid-mission you weren't the leader so your luck didn't effect the drop.

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-11-18 11:01, Hresvelgr wrote:
SoiFong reminds me of that crazy taiwaneese knife woman from Black Lagoon o_O'

you mean Shenhua?
heh I'll take that as a compliment then.

Hresvelgr
Nov 18, 2006, 02:27 PM
*nod*

she freaks me out .. alot o_O'

PsychoSpyder
Nov 18, 2006, 10:28 PM
The thing about random is, if your inventory is full it does not tell you that you skipped an item. Now if there is a party of 6 people and 5 have full inventories, the 6th person will get all the rare items. It won't tell you that you are skipping items.

Ryoki
Nov 18, 2006, 10:37 PM
I usually never run into problems like that. Most of the time, either I am leader, or one of my friends is. I usually don't join random parties for reasons like this.

And I don't really count Moon atty x and scape dolls and their corresponding boards as rares. Especially not the boards.

________
TOYOTA ZZ ENGINE HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine)

Kent
Nov 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
I got harassed then kicked, once.

I joined a party, and five seconds later, recieved a Twin Crea Saber board via random rare distribution. That, somehow, classifies me as a "ninja" and is grounds for me being harassed and booted because I didn't immediately fork it over after they kept demanding it in a very demeaning manner.

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 11:30 PM
Haha, I was in a party earlier in the week, and everytime someone got a rare our leader would say "omg NINJA!" or "h4x". He was just joking around, so it was funny.

But dang, Kent. That's what I call luck!

Parn
Nov 18, 2006, 11:35 PM
I don't understand why people don't just use Set Order. It makes situations like this easily avoided, and the first rare does not automatically go to the party leader in each game.

Fure_Rakune
Nov 18, 2006, 11:37 PM
In responce to your post: No.
In other words: HI PARN!
Oh I totally thought parn was the first post in this thread.
:<
Woe is me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fure_Rakune on 2006-11-18 20:38 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 18, 2006, 11:42 PM
On 2006-11-18 20:30, Schubalts wrote:
Haha, I was in a party earlier in the week, and everytime someone got a rare our leader would say "omg NINJA!" or "h4x". He was just joking around, so it was funny.

But dang, Kent. That's what I call luck!

Wanna know what the definition of irony is, though?

I don't like twin sabers. I don't even want the thing; I'll never use it, and the only of my friends that was interested in it, well, tried to con me out of it...

Oh well. Trading fodder for me.

Pikku
Nov 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-11-18 10:38, SoiFong wrote:
ooh goody!
you were sooooo lucky .. oh sooooo lucky ...
lucky lucky lucky!
look at how lucky you were!
oh woe is how lucky you were!
poor you .. you were so lucky!
you got booted!? omg!
But you are oh so lucky! Like lucky buddah! You can find another party to be lucky in!
oh so lucky!

Rofl, now tell me why the hell that made me crack up?

Animosity
Nov 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
we found 3 rappies and i got 2 of the feathers but every one congratulated me.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 19, 2006, 12:40 AM
i prefer in order for both rares and normal. i think random is kinda set up. have you ever noticed tht if rares are set on random, all of the rares go to certain people of the party?? i think that sega set up a random item ID, kinda like the IDs in PSO (redria,yellowboze,skly,etc.). when people enter a party, there is a certain color next to their name. i think that when a party is created for rares on random, certain colors in that party, are the ones that will most likely get the items. for example, lets say there is a full party in relics, rares are on random. only people with the color yellow blue or red are getting the rares, while everyone else gets near none. i think it is set up like that. the only thing is that the color that will have the best chance on getting rares in a party, will change party to party. like in one party, blue might be the lucky color, but in the next party you join, green might be the lucky color. this may not be true, i have no actual evidence to back this up besides experience, because that is what ive noticed in games with rares set on random. when its set in order, its basically still random, because you have no idea whos the next person to get an item.and when its in order, itll be more fair and distribute rares evenly (thats rares evenly, idk about normals, like mates) but, its just a theory

Ryogen
Nov 19, 2006, 01:02 AM
Playing with MayLee, I got a Relic Edge, she didn't kick me (I was party leader), but I got to get her a birthday present http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (Thank god for giftwraping in PSU).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-18 22:03 ]</font>

Evolution
Nov 19, 2006, 01:42 AM
I usually play with friends 99% of the time and we always set the rares to random and normal items to order, i've noticed that a lot of the time one person would get 4 or 5 rares in a row.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 19, 2006, 02:14 PM
yea exactly

daylight129
Nov 19, 2006, 04:50 PM
Don't hack, and you won't get booted.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
Today, I booted an idiot who did nothing but stand by the doorway in each block, saying random things trying to be funny. After that, I told the party, "if you want the s-rank, you better work for it". I won't kick out people for being lucky, but don't brag about it!

Randomness
Nov 19, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-11-18 20:35, Parn wrote:
I don't understand why people don't just use Set Order. It makes situations like this easily avoided, and the first rare does not automatically go to the party leader in each game.

Set Order is buggy though... I've had 6 rares drop in a full party during Fanatics, and I didnt get one of them.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-11-19 14:17, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-11-18 20:35, Parn wrote:

Set Order is buggy though... I've had 6 rares drop in a full party during Fanatics, and I didnt get one of them.

in that situation, the ratio is 1:6 (1 rare, out of every six since there are 6 ppl in the party), it doesnt mean you DEFINITELY will get a rare out of every 6 picked up in a full party, it just means, that is what most likely will happen. you could get 3 out of those 6 rares in a full party, it just matters whether its your guy thats going to get the next item (no matter what it is), or if its the other guy. its like winning on a lottery ticket, the ratio is 1:4 (youll probably win once, out of every 4 lottery tickets you buy), but you dont ALWAYS win one out of every four, you could win on all 4! or not at all. its better than having random for rares on, when 1 or 2 ppl get all of the rares no matter what.

DarkSeph
Nov 19, 2006, 07:37 PM
I could care less if someone else got all the rares cuz usually when I get a single rare and no one else got one the whole mission I feel bad and usually it's towards the end and I'm all, "here, take this item" but the morons are too busy abandoning the mission or no headset (or both) and so I just pick it back up and join another group...... That's my example anyway.

What really ANNOY's the HELL out of me though is retard prick players who run right up to treasure boxes and wait for YOU to open them so they can grap the items. Like this run I did on the Underwater lab or whatever it's called, this damn force guy kept running up to boxes that I was near and would wait till I opened it then grab grab grab so finally I just stood there waiting and after a minute the prick still didn't open it himself this time and someone else from the team ran over and opened it and he took it and yeah, anyone else run into that shit! I mean seriously, I'm gonna host my own games from now on so 1! I can bring my PM along and 2! so I can boot sorry ass losers like that.......
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Eternal_Drake
Nov 19, 2006, 08:06 PM
On 2006-11-19 13:50, daylight129 wrote:
Don't hack, and you won't get booted.

I bet if I leech or if I ninja all the items in a Give Finder party I'll get booted.