PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode madness

Arias
Nov 18, 2006, 01:58 PM
I haven't played PSU yet. But my brother has, and he let me create a extra mode character.
While he was in the shower, I was going MAD!!
I didn't have the faintest clue of what to do...
Eventually i got myself onto Parum (took me some time too), and got myself in the first mission...when he entered the room and told me to stop.

Can I go anywhere else but Parum when you're level one? Or have to do anything?

Thrash777
Nov 18, 2006, 02:22 PM
You can go anywhere... BUT you have to meet the level requirement...
Start on the colony at the Linear Line and do the only mission there. I suggest you form a party with one of the NPC's, of which you should have some of their cards (if the story mode has been completed to some degree).

Once you reach higher levels, you can access the other, harder missions on any of the planets

GeoHolyhart
Nov 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
Totally understandable, if the first thing you're doing is playing extra mode. Extra mode has no direction, you just have to already know from playing Story mode.

Arias
Nov 19, 2006, 10:38 AM
Yes, Trash, you might say that, but.... I searched all around the GUARDIANS colony, and the girl (whatshername:s) says there are no available missions for me at the colony.
So i went off to Parum... and having loads of trouble trying to fight (though I've only hit 3enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Lovejuice
Nov 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
You've tried the Linear Line mission counter at 4F GUARDIANS Colony in the very top-right (North East) corner? It's next to a lift.. and has a jumbo blue sign.

Don't talk to the NPC Robotwench next to it, just walk straight in to the 'door' to get the mission counter screen.

Thrash777
Nov 19, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-11-19 07:38, Arias wrote:
Yes, Trash, you might say that, but.... I searched all around the GUARDIANS colony, and the girl (whatshername:s) says there are no available missions for me at the colony.
So i went off to Parum... and having loads of trouble trying to fight (though I've only hit 3enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

ROFLMAO! You went to the Guardians Branch instead of the mission counter! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You need to go to the Linear Line on the colony to do missions! NOT the Guardian Branch, otherwise they'll just keep saying "no missions"! lol

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 19, 2006, 12:39 PM
actually, I think the Parum mission should be the first one you should go to, its just as easy and its shorter.

Maxurion
Nov 19, 2006, 12:43 PM
Linear Line first mission in extra mode has level 10 enemies. I recommend the first Parum mission, as it has level 5 enemies (you will need a few of the NPCs to help).

Oh, and if you S rank the fire seed mission that has a level 5 requirement on Parum, you get a "Beetle" decoration that sells for 25000 meseta every time.

Nayte
Nov 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
If Tonnio is in your party, everything will go down fast either way. For me it did anyway.

Maxurion
Nov 19, 2006, 01:14 PM
Oh, and one more thing, only Hyuga, Karen and Maya have photon erasers/ reflectors.

Nayte
Nov 19, 2006, 01:22 PM
Thats not true, I've definately had Lou whip one out so im guessing the other NPCs not mentioned can also.

Gamemako
Nov 19, 2006, 02:11 PM
Lou definitely has one.

************SEMI-SPOILER**************

I don't know if Leo or Tonnio have one because they are never involved in SEED purification missions in story mode.

**********END SEMI-SPOILER************