PDA

View Full Version : SUV's Fizzing out.

anmato145
Nov 18, 2006, 02:08 PM
Anyone else getting fizzing out Suv's for no reason? Since the update my SUV has really been messing up alot ;/. Activate it and then it just dies wth

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 18, 2006, 02:34 PM
its been happeening to me since lvl 20. It's probably my ps2. I think that there is jus too much going on on the battlefield and it messes with ur SUV.

McLaughlin
Nov 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
Mine's been fine (on Xbox 360)

Flunky
Nov 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
I've had the game not register hits on SUVs on some bosses or regular enemies.

Doesn't happen too often, but it's frustrating when it does occur.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
It's based on how your machine is running as it's going off. If your machine is getting mass slowdown with the SUV going off, there's gonna be issues. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Muffin
Nov 18, 2006, 03:19 PM
Did you check the batteries? ^.~

Purun~~

Gamemako
Nov 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
You're probably on PS2, which has bugs because of the slowdown.

SleazyDZ
Nov 18, 2006, 03:26 PM
So go buy a ps3 on ebay for 2 to 3k. or you could just be smart, get a 360 which is going to rule ps3 anyway. But you more then likely wont be able to play PSU on a Ps3 (Psuck3) anyway. Whatev!

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:31 PM
Or you can do the sensible thing and buy an incredible Wii and wait for Sonic Team to realize how much PSU would own on it.

SleazyDZ
Nov 18, 2006, 03:46 PM
A Wii, are you serious. Come on man. Yea it'll own when your standing up in your room swinging that unbelievable stupid excuse for a controller, and it flys from your hand, breaks, and you proceed to go nowhere as you get owned by mobs...good idea.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:51 PM
Everyone who's tried it, including me, would laugh at your instant distaste by something new. HA! Poor noob stuck in the past.

SleazyDZ
Nov 18, 2006, 03:56 PM
Okay, first of all. If your still using that word "noob" then you more then likely are one. Because only someone new to the gaming experience, online or otherwise would still use that word. Second of all, even if your not new (Which I doubt) and your still using the word, then you my friend, must be the one stuck in the past. So in two sentances you have proved that you are a complete and udder moron. Third of all, the only good thing about the Wii is that South Park made fun of it. The only reason it was made was to be made fun of. Your dumb.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
Only Carrot Top could have given a better argument than that! And South Park didn't make fun of it, they demanded it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif As does Maddox!

As do most people who played PS3 and Wii together, along with the Xbox 360.

http://tech.msn.com/guides/articleht.aspx?cp-documentid=1276519

http://tech.msn.com/guides/articleht.aspx?cp-documentid=1275105

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15757524/wid/11915829/

Microsoft likes Wii, why can't Wii all?

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 18, 2006, 04:08 PM
Okay, first of all. If your you're still using that word "noob" then you more then likely are one. Because only someone new to the gaming experience, online or otherwise would still use that word. Second of all, even if your you're not new (Which I doubt) and your you're still using the word, then you my friend, must be the one stuck in the past. So in two sentances you have proved that you are a complete and udder utter moron. Third of all, the only good thing about the Wii is that South Park made fun of it. The only reason it was made was to be made fun of. Your You're dumb.

Intelligent conversation much?

etlitch
Nov 18, 2006, 04:09 PM
Hardcore whatever console fanbois fail.

Other people has been complaining about SUV problems during lag.

Also, it happens to be so that Wii does happen have some games that actually can be considered "entertainment".

Gamemako
Nov 18, 2006, 04:13 PM
Microsoft LOVES the Wii for an obvious reason: Cost of Wii + cost of 360 < Cost of cheap-model PS3.

The only unit nobody's really expecting to fail is the Wii. It is cheaper than the competition and is quite unique. It also has first-party games. Nothing short of meteors crashing into Nintendo headquarters and all manufacturing facilities simulatneously is going to damn the Wii.

Also, Cartman had himself frozen because he wanted the Wii. Wanted. Good. Not making fun of. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AppieDPC
Nov 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:56, SleazyDZ wrote:
Your dumb.

I don't care much for grammar on the Internet it's not like my own grammar is great, but this one cracks me up everytime I see somebody type it like that XD

SleazyDZ
Nov 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
Wow, if Maddox demands it then he is no longer one of my idols. You'd think someone who wrote a book called "The Alphabet of manleness would be a bit more masculine in his choice of consoles. Alas, if the self procalmed embodyment of manleness wants it then what hope is there for every other proud man out there. I guess all there is left to do is be drowned in a world drenched in Wii Wii. You;'ll have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm.

Minswune
Nov 18, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-11-18 12:56, SleazyDZ wrote:
Okay, first of all. If your still using that the word "noob" then you more then likely are one. Because only someone new to the gaming experience, online or otherwise would still use that word. Second of all, even if your you're not new (Which I doubt) and your you're still using the word, then you my friend, must be the one stuck in the past. So in two sentances sentences you have proved that you are a complete and udder utter moron. Third of all lastly, the only good thing about the Wii is that South Park made fun of it. The only reason it was made was to be made fun of. Your dumb.

rofl, poor gramar ftl.

Also, please, if your going to make an argument, please do so wisely, or not at all. In your post prior to the quoted one, you sounded much like a "xbox fanboy", and it's partly showing through in this post, as a hate for a new console.

Also, regarding your rant regarding the word "noob", it's kinda pointless, it's a valid word, though overused, it still has meaning when used properly.

But alas, as a quote once stated; "Arguing over the Internet is like winning the special Olympics, win or lose, you're still a retard."

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
Uh oh, the topic's getting derailed so far off the track, we can't find the railroad again.

SUV fizzing? I think it's that slowdown bug, really.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
Psu will look the same on Wii as it would on ps2, except with wii you just wasted hundreds of dollars

Wii can suck my wiiner

littleman2347
Nov 18, 2006, 04:26 PM
You SleazyDZ and Xbob bitch way to much go find somthing to do.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:26, littleman2347 wrote:
You SleazyDZ and Xbob bitch way to much go find somthing to do.

Good contribution to the conversation!

littleman2347
Nov 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
same with you

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
The only things that will survive the destruction of Earth are: Nintendo game systems; twinkies; cockroaches; and beef jerky. 'Nuff said.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 05:00 PM
The only thing in the end that determines a good system is the games available to it. You can boast hardware all you want but if the software sucks no one will buy it. End of story. At the moment it's too early to tell who out of the 360, PS3, Wii will have the best exclusive software. SleazyDZ reminds me of all those xbox owners years ago when the system first came out that would say PGR was the best racing game ever for no reason than a polygon count.

As for the SUV fizzling, either your system is experiencing extreme slowdown worse than I've experienced on the PS2 version or you're hitting a lag spike thats causing the damage numbers to delay and eventually overlay directly on top of themselves so it looks like it's hitting less when it's actually hitting as much as it's supposed to.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
I love how the thread derailed from SUV weapons to a Console War.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 05:06 PM
On 2006-11-18 14:05, KiteWolfwood wrote:

Better than a hybrid vs SUV war.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-11-18 14:06, Xbob wrote:

On 2006-11-18 14:05, KiteWolfwood wrote:

Better than a hybrid vs SUV war.

Everyone has a right to drive a vehicle big enough to have it's own zipcode. Even if it does only go 8 miles on a gallon of gas... >.>

Phaze37
Nov 18, 2006, 06:04 PM
To those of you who dislike the Wii, try the controller before you bash it. The ads on TV show people swinging their remotes wildly in the air, but that's completely unecessary. You actually only have to move it a little bit to make Link swing his sword. It takes nothing more than a slight flick of the wrist, and it takes no more effort than pushing a button. Of course, if you WANT to swing it around like the idiots in the commercials, that works too. Also, it's not the only way to play Wii games. Those 4 gamecube controller ports are there for a reason, not to mention the Wii classic controller which I can't wait to try. Smash Bros doesn't even use the remote; it needs gamecube controllers. PS3 looks like a great system too and I want it equally as much (Virtua Fighter 5 looks AMAZING, and I'm not talking about the graphics), but the price is just too high. If I had that much spending money, I can think of much better things to spend it on than a game console, no matter how much ass it kicks. The only reason I'm getting a Wii first is because I can actually buy one and still have money left over to pay the rent.

As for the SUV glitch, it hasn't happened to me, but I'm on PC. Is this glitch only affecting PS2 users?

EC_Subbie
Nov 18, 2006, 06:05 PM
I've never had this problem happen and I'm on the 360.

Flunky
Nov 18, 2006, 06:13 PM
Er... I'm on the 360, and have had either the SUV not register any hits on bosses (despite obviously gutting them with a giant laser), or against groups of enemies it will sometimes only register a few hits.

Note that the number of times this has happened I can count on one hand... but it's frustrating all the same. Probably not a low connection speed problem, seeing as I'm on a fancy college network that downloads 700+ kb/sec.