PDA

View Full Version : Sequel to "Die=Boot!" Do you carry Scapes at all times?

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 03:29 PM
I've met several people in their 40's-50's who don't seem to carry Scape Dolls. Do you carry Scape Dolls at all times? I make it a point to have at least 5 on me at all times, as I am usually the only force, and therefore the lifeline, in the party.

WarfieldCross
Nov 18, 2006, 04:32 PM
When I first started as a hunter I carried 1 or 2. When I switched to a Force I made it a habit to take 3 or more. As far as PM food, Eva (my PM) is starving. It's reassuring to know that your team is carrying scapedolls, for the sole fact that we are all far from invincable!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WarfieldCross on 2006-11-18 13:33 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 18, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thats PM food, I just basicly plan on not dying. I guess my thinking would change if I were a newman doing higher level missions.

mogshaz
Nov 18, 2006, 04:45 PM
ALL THE TIME. I never leave my room without a scape. if not for myself then for the people i team with. Every whack job rant about noobs joining games and dying will disappear forever if you just hand a scape to a low level player when he/she coems into your game. it will also save you money. those things drop everywhere.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2006, 04:51 PM
Oh stop exaggerating newman defense..

Anyway I've had 10 ever since I left LL as a level 9 player..I'm 44 now.

Nukei
Nov 18, 2006, 04:57 PM
I never hold a scape or use them as pm food. I never get them ^_^;

Jozon
Nov 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
I have begun using scapes if I have the cash to spare and we're doing some higher level missions(especially the megid ones)

KiteWolfwood
Nov 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
I have 5 on me usually cause I can't put anymore in my storage.

Trey_Winters
Nov 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
^ What he said.

I always carry 5 with me, and any others I get, I just filter down to my other characters so they'll have a ready supply of them should they happen to, you know...croak...

Numnuttz
Nov 18, 2006, 05:16 PM
when i party i keep 1 with me. as well as some moons but when i solo i dont.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Numnuttz on 2006-11-18 14:16 ]</font>

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
Im not as skilled as Yoruichisama yet (im getting there) I had an embarassing 4 deaths on a mission the other day.. Luckily I had scape dolls with me but man i looked so uncool.

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 05:30 PM
Depends. If I'm just testing out new or higher ranked missions I won't carry one. No point in wasting a scape doll if you suspect you'll get raped near the start of the mission.

I will if I need the money/mission points though.

Yoruichi
Nov 18, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:51, Silhouette wrote:
Oh stop exaggerating newman defense..

Anyway I've had 10 ever since I left LL as a level 9 player..I'm 44 now.

It has nothing to do with your defense, its your low hp. I've grouped with newman forces, even been one myself. Getting hit hurts getting hit by captain or king mobs (specially after they buff) usually means death or near death in 1 hit. The exception being over leveled or advancely geared.

Eliash
Nov 18, 2006, 05:48 PM
I ususally carry 3-6 scapes on me, but then again I solo alot. I gave roughly 5 away yesterday because I had too many of them (10 in storage, 10 on my PM, and 10 on me), but now I think I need a few more since I'm down to 3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 18, 2006, 06:01 PM
I have close to 10 Scape Dolls on me at all times. I currently have 8 in inventory right now. I think it's very important to try to carry at least a few scapes on you while fighting. If not, it's rude to the fellow party members since your death costs them money, experience and points. I had a party the other day on Moatoob, great party for the most part. The people knew how to play well, talkative, etc.

The leader however was a lv35 while we were all 40+ He died several times, I believe 2-3 times, no scape dolls at all. In the end after we finished the boss fight (the Moatoob version of Onmagong) we got C rank and no points at all. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience ..but when this happens more frequently it gets a bit annoying, especially to those who really need the extra money from S rank. I won't get mad or boot people over this, but just try to keep Scapes while you're fighting as a courtesy to your teammates. They're much better used for yourself, instead of PM food that you could easily substitute another item for.

FenixStryk
Nov 18, 2006, 06:21 PM
I have 10 Scapes in my PM and between 5 to 10 on me at all times, and this was before the update. I don't see why anyone would not carry accident insurance. It's why S-rank whores bitch, and to an extent it's a good reason.

DizzyDi
Nov 18, 2006, 06:23 PM
If I have 'em, I take 'em with me. If I don't, I just stay extra careful and if I die...I'm sorry.

GosamerWings
Nov 18, 2006, 06:51 PM
I salute sonic team for making such a stupid prerequisite, to getting rank s on a mission. Something else could of been done to lower rank besides it being (one) death. --Shrugs- I don't know what, but something. Hell even making it not so harsh where it more took then 1 death to cause rank down. This is ridiculous, take moons/and reverser out lol.. No point. (Whoops I'm sorry, I in my dodging everything like contra moment. Got hit with ice/ Stunned/slept, and then anal raped because I couldn't moved. Can someone use a moon on me please? ^.^;? ... "No noob" -boot-. It is not that deep. But then again one could just say if you don't like it doesn’t join the games that say it. Well not everyone warns. I have been in missions where the force would go to extreme lengths to keep the party healed and end up on the wrong side of a charging monster. (Hey we don't have eyes in the back of our head shit happens). And to thank him for his work of healing, using mainly beneficial too hunter status effect spells and saves. He got a swift kick. For one death out of 5 runs healing. Guy restarts the mission... (2 doors away from end) because he feels that getting an A rank once in awhile is so freaking inferior that he must waste everyone's time to redo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GosamerWings on 2006-11-18 16:04 ]</font>

GosamerWings
Nov 18, 2006, 07:02 PM
whoops dbl post sorry..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GosamerWings on 2006-11-18 16:03 ]</font>

Kuea
Nov 18, 2006, 07:44 PM
I carry at least one, and dump spares in my common box at the end of my runs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I"ve not ruined an S-Rank since~ <3

-Crokar-
Nov 18, 2006, 07:48 PM
i dont take scape dolls. never have never will

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
I dump all my Scape Dolls onto my other chars. My Hunter is immortal and it'll take an act of God to kill it.

Haven't died in so long that I refuse to skip a rare because of an idle and useless slot.

I will try to keep some on me when I go to Moatoob, though... Bil de Vears can be evil when they sandwhich you to the wall. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-18 16:56 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 08:30 PM
Scapes just refuse to drop for me. And when I do get one... I tend to screw up.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:34 PM
On my Newman when I have Scapes I always use them... when I don't have them, I never need them. Go fig.