PDA

View Full Version : PrimitiveMoatoobIdol

BOWSER5150
Nov 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
how rare is this? its a decoration of a huge statue with 2 mean faces i was just wondering how much you think its worth? And what do you think the worth of the Rappy Landscape is since the rappy feathers went from between 7 to 10k before and it takes 3 plus the board but im hearing there only worth 17k all together is this true.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
show me the pic of the statue i can tell you ^_^

Nisshoku
Nov 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
I've seen it in shops selling for 18-20k. It's a 7-star item, if I recall. A person I was playing alongside last night got itb in the drop, and not me. XO

KiteWolfwood
Nov 18, 2006, 05:06 PM
I got the thing yesterday. First box I blew up had it in it. It is Xbox HUGE!

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 05:12 PM
Why sell it? I put mine in my room, right in the middle.

BOWSER5150
Nov 18, 2006, 05:34 PM
cause i got 2 so im selling one

Thoridan
Nov 18, 2006, 05:49 PM
Im selling one in my shop for only 12K...search user shop for "Thoridan" to find it. My shop always has the best deals...really, you should remember the name. Here's some of my sales history:

+4 20% Drk Calibur for 4K
Rappy Feathers for 5K each
Marseline at 900 each
Vestiline for 2K each
Scape dolls 850 each

I sell stuff cheaper then everyone else, so save my name. Its really bothering me that I look through EVERY shop and my prices are atleast 1/2 of everyone elses and I rarely sale anything...

ANYWAY: Just go to my shop for the Moataab statue for 12K and check back for other good deals frequently http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 06:44 PM
Prices are twice as much for weapons because your prices are idiotic, and hurt the community rather than help it.

Can't sell off your old weaps for even half the price they cost to synth? Oh, blame people like Thoridan for driving down markets and making it easier and eventually boring for new players who only have to buy their weaps and not bother synthing, and harder for those higher in levels who still have to synth but end up poverty striken by price wars.

Look, I'm doing people a FAVOUR by having a pure 100 striking PM, and being able to sell relatively low compared to others because it costs me less to synth. But Thoridan, your prices on weaps are just stupid. Double them, nay triple them. If I liked swords I'd have paid at LEAST 12K for that Calibur. As it stands somebody likely bought it and sold it at profit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 15:45 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 06:50 PM
Those idols are way cool. I was in a group where 3 dropped in one mission last night. Finder's keepers group, so the same person got all three. To break the stereotype, it was our nohealing/nuking force.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 06:51 PM
Thoridan, you may like to know that shops are in rotation, and when you cannot find your shop on the search function that lowering your prices is NOT a good idea.

I just searched your shop and it's not there.

Want it to appear? Then put more stuff in it, and invite a friend to come visit. Sometimes player shops disappear due to the player being idle. Also increase your prices. I searched for you looking to make a profit.

Invisus
Nov 18, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-18 15:44, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Prices are twice as much for weapons because your prices are idiotic, and hurt the community rather than help it.

Can't sell off your old weaps for even half the price they cost to synth? Oh, blame people like Thoridan for driving down markets and making it easier and eventually boring for new players who only have to buy their weaps and not bother synthing, and harder for those higher in levels who still have to synth but end up poverty striken by price wars.

Look, I'm doing people a FAVOUR by having a pure 100 striking PM, and being able to sell relatively low compared to others because it costs me less to synth. But Thoridan, your prices on weaps are just stupid. Double them, nay triple them. If I liked swords I'd have paid at LEAST 12K for that Calibur. As it stands somebody likely bought it and sold it at profit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 15:45 ]</font>

Scalp him then. GG.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-11-18 15:59, Invisus wrote:

Scalp him then. GG.

I tried. But I'd rather him help the community by selling at reasonable prices.

The reason for this is I can make low cost weapons myself. I don't need to spend forever hunting for people with daft prices so I can scalp them.

Thoridan
Nov 18, 2006, 07:18 PM
I don't mind being "scalped" as long as I'm getting more then NPC price, I'm happy. Save my name, like I said, and scalp me frequently please...fast money ^.^ I'm not trying to "run down the economy" i think the economy is very important in a mmorpg, trust me Ive had much experince. I had everything in my shop originaly for 3 to 4 times more then they are now..noone bought for 3 days..anything at all, so i lowered...same thing happend again and again..i got sick of it and made irrationably low. Sue me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rooroo
Nov 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
Eh, it's just a decor and a real ugly one at that. I just NPC'ed mine lol...

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:37 PM
...NPC'd it? It looks way cool. Beastial Totem pole = my room needs many.

Ryoki
Nov 18, 2006, 08:44 PM
Bought one for 2k (no joke.) and found another today. Yay!
BTW: if you only have one, i suggest putting it in the center. that way when your friends walk in they have to big angry faces looking at them.

________
BUY HOT BOX (http://www.vaporshop.com/hotbox-vaporizer.html)

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-11-18 15:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Thoridan, you may like to know that shops are in rotation, and when you cannot find your shop on the search function that lowering your prices is NOT a good idea.

I just searched your shop and it's not there.

Want it to appear? Then put more stuff in it, and invite a friend to come visit. Sometimes player shops disappear due to the player being idle. Also increase your prices. I searched for you looking to make a profit.

Actually the shops rotate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. clockwise technically. Some people get dicked because there shops only appear early in the morning when everyone is alseep.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-11-18 17:48, AkiraXxx wrote:

Actually the shops rotate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. clockwise technically. Some people get dicked because there shops only appear early in the morning when everyone is alseep.

Actually no. I'm on at all hours. I left one of my shops idle, didn't log in on that char for a week. The shop was dead for 3 days. When I logged in and a friend came along, the shop came back immediately.

We all know the shops rotate, but if you are idle your shop WILL go off the roster.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:57, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-18 17:48, AkiraXxx wrote:

Actually no. I'm on at all hours. I left one of my shops idle, didn't log in on that char for a week. The shop was dead for 3 days. When I logged in and a friend came along, the shop came back immediately.

We all know the shops rotate, but if you are idle your shop WILL go off the roster.

So you checked on your shop for 24 hours straight for 3 days?

If the shops have more then 30 matches for searches, it rotates. Theres no ifs,ands, or buts. If someone removes something from there shop it updates every 15 minutes and someone who was just knocked off the rotation is put back up, and will get knocked off again shortly after the rotation continues.

I never log on my other shop, its actually empty because I made it back when I was confused about how shop listing was working. But I still see it appear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-11-18 19:03, AkiraXxx wrote:

I checked my shop, a hangout for friends, for 3 days straight, morning, noon, night dead of night. I searched by name, item, descrip. I put techs in it which nobody sells early on.

No, it was definitely gone.

It was gone when I checked the shop to meet a friend yesterday. I logged on the character who owned the shop, and lo, half a minute later in walks a customer. I checked ther search and the shop was back.

I have a dead shop, on a dead character on JP. The shop has NEVER come up in a name search in TWO MONTHS.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-11-18 19:08, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-18 19:03, AkiraXxx wrote:

I checked my shop, a hangout for friends, for 3 days straight, morning, noon, night dead of night. I searched by name, item, descrip. I put techs in it which nobody sells early on.

No, it was definitely gone.

It was gone when I checked the shop to meet a friend yesterday. I logged on the character who owned the shop, and lo, half a minute later in walks a customer. I checked ther search and the shop was back.

I have a dead shop, on a dead character on JP. The shop has NEVER come up in a name search in TWO MONTHS.

Maybe sega doesnt want 30 year old women with shops on psu? J/K, sucks to be you I guess, I dont see how some idle shops appear in a listing and some dont. See how long it takes your shop to not list anymore after not going in it or logging on that character.

Animosity
Nov 19, 2006, 12:25 AM
got 2 and left my team with zero lol. thats the hosts fault for makeing it give item to one who picks it up.

MayLee
Nov 19, 2006, 12:50 AM
i was in a mission on Matoob and picked it up and it was sent to someone els.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KazeSin
Nov 19, 2006, 01:29 AM
On 2006-11-18 15:44, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Ahh stfu. No one ever said he anyone couldn't sell stuff low prices. Your just complaining because him selling 5star items at low low prices is taking away your buisness.

Take your complaining elsewhere.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 02:13 AM
On 2006-11-18 22:29, KazeSin wrote:

Ahh stfu. No one ever said he anyone couldn't sell stuff low prices. Your just complaining because him selling 5star items at low low prices is taking away your buisness.

Hahaha he isn't taking away my business. I'm making a mint.

I just care for the economy of the GAME. Don't want it going the way of JP (markets flooded to hell, barely anybody can make any money.)

Turambar
Nov 19, 2006, 04:01 AM
Never the less, your posts hardly achieves their intent. He isn't going to change prices just because you object, and no ephiphany will appear before someone who is comming into this thread to discuss room decors instead of economics.

PaladinRPG
Nov 19, 2006, 04:13 AM
On 2006-11-18 17:44, Ryoki wrote:
Bought one for 2k (no joke.) and found another today. Yay!
BTW: if you only have one, i suggest putting it in the center. that way when your friends walk in they have to big angry faces looking at them.

I found one earleir today and did this. Hehe.

-STE-
Nov 19, 2006, 05:26 AM
I found 3 yesterday...

Shoryu
Nov 19, 2006, 06:27 AM
On 2006-11-18 23:13, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-18 22:29, KazeSin wrote:

Hahaha he isn't taking away my business. I'm making a mint.

I just care for the economy of the GAME. Don't want it going the way of JP (markets flooded to hell, barely anybody can make any money.)

This is ridiculously facile.

It's a free economy, and of course the economy is going to get flooded with lower-ranked weapons. On the other hand, you have the idiots who price El-Photons at 2,000.

It's a capitalist economy, and I see no problem with undercutting other shops. Weapons break, people quit playing, it's not like these stay in circulation forever. Devaluation of items is bound to happen - case in point -- the Hajirod.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 06:51 AM
Economies only get downtrodden because people are either greedy or not savvy about how to price without making a loss.

I trickle out enough that I can live on comfortably in both the virtual world and real life. I do not flood, I do not undercut. I don't undercut because I find my OWN markets.

Then people copy the market and undercut. Result: we boith make half the cash. And I have to jump ship to another market, IF I cannot persuade the competitor to do so.

I have had some degree of success in real life advising competitors on how to price and what to sell to make money without stepping on my toes or hurting themselves. I'm not going to stop just because I'm on a videogame and you're all AMERICANS. AND OMG CAPITALISM.

Sorry.

AkiraXxx
Nov 19, 2006, 09:20 AM
On 2006-11-19 03:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Economies only get downtrodden because people are either greedy or not savvy about how to price without making a loss.

I trickle out enough that I can live on comfortably in both the virtual world and real life. I do not flood, I do not undercut. I don't undercut because I find my OWN markets.

Then people copy the market and undercut. Result: we boith make half the cash. And I have to jump ship to another market, IF I cannot persuade the competitor to do so.

I have had some degree of success in real life advising competitors on how to price and what to sell to make money without stepping on my toes or hurting themselves. I'm not going to stop just because I'm on a videogame and you're all AMERICANS. AND OMG CAPITALISM.

Sorry.

Same thing happend with grinders. People swear its so easy to make +10 and +9, Since I sell grinders for multiple people, I had a massive stock of high level B grinders. Then this little turd named durandil comes along and undercuts the prices so he can be a E-hero, it sucks because grinder prices droped and so has stock, because most people now wait to for 3 star luck befor making them. Its just stupid when someone decides, "hey ill sell these things for really cheap so people will like me and come to my shop, to bad im too fucking stupid to realize that im hurting the economy along with my meseta wallet"

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 09:23 AM
I honestly could care less about the economy, let the prices drop to nothing so it'll be cheaper to buy anything. When I get items to put up for sell, I check all the stores and then I put up a cheap price for my items. Like 10K for a 5* element weapon. If it's really good though % wise I'll increase the price though. Synth items I tend to sell at 50-75 Off of NPC prices, and unlike most people I know how to do math. 50% off of 1.2k is 600 or less. That is, unless it's a nanocarbon because those sell at any price you put it up as I swear.

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 09:24 AM
And for the record, I have over 1 million Meeseta, so I'm not "hurting my meseta wallet" as Akira mentioned above me.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 19, 2006, 09:27 AM
I saw one in my friend's room, looks pretty cool but i still prefer the Neudaiz stuff.

AkiraXxx
Nov 19, 2006, 09:28 AM
On 2006-11-19 06:24, Arieta wrote:
And for the record, I have over 1 million Meeseta, so I'm not "hurting my meseta wallet" as Akira mentioned above me.

I highly doubt your selling multiple 5* elemented weapons for 10k.

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 09:29 AM
About the idol though, I got two of them so far and I think they're pretty ugly. If people are buying them for such a insane price though I might just put them up for sell for like 5k

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 09:30 AM
On 2006-11-19 06:28, AkiraXxx wrote:

Then you would be highly wrong. When I get weapons in the 10-20% range I think they're crap. I wouldn't use them myself unless I had nothing better. So put them up at 10k or 12k if it's really close to 20%. I get almost all the synth items myself, so it costs me almost nothing (3k per weapon counting the board) so I still make 7k+ profit per weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-11-19 06:31 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 19, 2006, 09:38 AM
On 2006-11-19 06:30, Arieta wrote:

On 2006-11-19 06:28, AkiraXxx wrote:

Then you would be highly wrong. When I get weapons in the 10-20% range I think they're crap. I wouldn't use them myself unless I had nothing better. So put them up at 10k or 12k if it's really close to 20%. I get almost all the synth items myself, so it costs me almost nothing (3k per weapon counting the board) so I still make 7k+ profit per weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-11-19 06:31 ]</font>

So you actually grind that much to get that many synthing materials for the items? I spent roughyly 300k a couple days ago making the new weapons, the elements on them were around 20-40%, 1 40% dark knuckles, each sold by the next day, probably netting in about 200kish profit if not more, plus I had grinded them to +3. On a side note. I BARELY play, in terms of going out and killing stuff, right now im sitting on 2.9 mil all from shop profit after selling/making multiple 5* weapons buying my own materials from the npc and making thousands of grinders. Ill drop 500K on grinder making, and about 300k on weapons every other week, Yeah theres been times when shits broke and im out 15k here 25k there, but in terms of making money is it worth selling your items for so cheap when they obviously sell for more? And you act like people dont buy your cheap weapons just to resell for what they normally go for. Its just profit that your losing for no reason. Sure you can do math like a champ, but why miss out on profit that you will for surely get?

edit: 3k per weapon including the board? So you travel to multiple shops looking for item boards as well? Cause last time I checked 5* boards were about 9k, It seems your working to hard for your 7k profit seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-19 06:39 ]</font>

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
Yes you're right, I'm sure some people buy them and resell them. Though I think we're misunderstanding eachother here. It looks like on your side you make weapons just to sell if I'm correct? See, when I sell weapons it's because they weren't good enough for me. Example: I need a Lightning spear, so I make some with the synth items I've saved up. 1 came out good, two came out poor. I sell the poor ones and keep the good ones.

That way I make money from the poor ones that I won't use, and I get a good weapon for me to use. So yes I sell them cheap because I don't need them. I'm not doing it as my main sorce of money though.

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 09:45 AM
3k per weapon including the board. Board costs 9,250m at the shops, divide that number by 3 (which is the number of times that it can be used) and I'm sure you can figure out the rest from there.

AkiraXxx
Nov 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
On 2006-11-19 06:42, Arieta wrote:
Yes you're right, I'm sure some people buy them and resell them. Though I think we're misunderstanding eachother here. It looks like on your side you make weapons just to sell if I'm correct? See, when I sell weapons it's because they weren't good enough for me. Example: I need a Lightning spear, so I make some with the synth items I've saved up. 1 came out good, two came out poor. I sell the poor ones and keep the good ones.

That way I make money from the poor ones that I won't use, and I get a good weapon for me to use. So yes I sell them cheap because I don't need them. I'm not doing it as my main sorce of money though.

Oh so just selling the table scraps. Shit you should still sell them for more lol, it may take a day or 2 but they WILL sell for more then 10k, even the shitty elemental ones with like 14%, grind it 1 time and make an extra 5-7k.

But yeah my main source of money is my shop, I dont have the willpower to grind for 15 hours straight like alot do. Right now im working on a pure armor pm too, so soon ima start stocking up on 5* 6* armors.
Only thing hurting me now is the fact that you can only put so many items in your shop, which I think is stupid.

Flunky
Nov 19, 2006, 12:17 PM
Er, I see lots of people saying they've got the idols, but...

In what portion of Moatoob? The only decoration I've found doing missions there so far are just some desert plants found on the Dimmagolus and System Defense missions.

Kaply
Nov 19, 2006, 01:20 PM
I like the bugbear plant, kind of fun to watch it since it animates.

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 02:39 PM
I got all my idols from Valley of Carnage.

PaladinRPG
Nov 19, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-11-19 09:17, Flunky wrote:
Er, I see lots of people saying they've got the idols, but...

In what portion of Moatoob? The only decoration I've found doing missions there so far are just some desert plants found on the Dimmagolus and System Defense missions.

Idols seem to drop in the Galenigare Canyon missions (ie, Valley of Carnage and Mine Defense).

AnamanaAU
Nov 19, 2006, 03:22 PM
For those who haven't seen this decor yet;
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/ThisIsMyPanic90/psu20061115_163923_001.jpg

KirinDave
Nov 19, 2006, 04:03 PM

While this does happen, that's not the reason costs tend to decline over time in online communities. The reason is because some people have much more time to farm, and they drive the overall price of the objects down. If you cannot match their time, then you cannot compete with their price without taking a loss. And for some people, their time is nearly worthless to them.

Although it is weird to see people sell something for less than half the vendor price consistently, because a reseller could catch similar margins.

This works great when you can control the market. Price fixing is great for the seller...

... until someone comes along who can make the same profit you do with a lower price. Seller beware.

I have had some degree of success in real life advising competitors on how to price and what to sell to make money without stepping on my toes or hurting themselves.

Comrade -Shimarisu- speaks, all listen! If you'd just follower the 7 year plan, we'd all be rich.

I'm not going to stop just because I'm on a videogame and you're all AMERICANS. AND OMG CAPITALISM.

Seldom do video games make bossy and vindictive people stop being bossy and vindictive.

Sorry.

Please do not follow an honest post with a lie. It leaves a bad taste.

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-11-19 13:03, KirinDave wrote:

[quote]
Sorry.

Please do not follow an honest post with a lie. It leaves a bad taste.

Fakking beautiful. That gets a standing ovation.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 05:29 PM
Hahaha fucking Americans.

AnamanaAU
Nov 19, 2006, 07:36 PM
On 2006-11-19 14:29, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Hahaha fucking Americans.

Being racist doesn't put you in the right, nor does it win an argument.

Shoryu
Nov 19, 2006, 09:32 PM
condemning all americans is hardly racism.

At any rate, for something that started as room decorations, it's sure gone off-base.)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 09:44 PM
Only Americans equate any form of collaboration between businesses with communism.

It's hilarious.

[07:45] <Argus> people are still telling me that advising people on prices to set is communism
[07:45] <Argus> I just responded "hahaha fucking Americans" cause it's true. Only Americans would think this is communism.
[07:47] <Argus> IF YOU TELL COMPETITORS THEIR PRICES ARE TOO LOW AND IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS AND RUIN THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG TERM, THIS IS COMMUNISM. IT'S NOT SIMPLE HELPING OTHERS TO HELP YOURSELF AT ALL.

Deleted comments of my friends cause they probably don't want to be seen as "racist" too!

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah, so lets just lump all americans together, fucking americans. Fatties too, I hear.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 09:53 PM
The internet is for hyperbole and flame wars, so I heard.

AnamanaAU
Nov 19, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-11-19 18:53, -Shimarisu- wrote:
The internet is for hyperbole and flame wars, so I heard.
And bragging about how you're in the game review industry, then ruining your rep being an ass in a forum, amirite?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 10:08 PM
LOL why would I care about rep? INTERNET.

I only said I was a reviewer because somebody asked if I was well respected and qualified enough to cast derision on a shitty review!

"And who are you? Are you a member of the lofty echelons of society, that exist under the collective monicker of "VIDEOGAMES REVIEWERS?"

"Factually? Yes."

/= bragging nor hunting for rep points in anyone's book.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-19 19:10 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 10:14 PM
That is just hillarious, because american businesses collaborate with each other on such things all the time. It's the third link in the chain that usually will break the price stand, retail, because if stock is not selling, then resellers will slash prices as leaving things in stock too long is just costing money.

This is entirely their right, and not a problem at all. So what if shopkeeper A is blowing out some inventory that's taking up space he'd rather use to sell something else at 6000 while the general shop population is selling for 10000? A few items on sale is not going to ruin the economy, as once the items are sold, they're gone, and the average price is once again 10000. As long as they are moving their inventory, and pulling some profit, then the system is working. If it's not enough profit for you to be comfortable with, that's why you have your own shop. No need to bitch at them for running their shops the way they want, especially if they're profitting from it. Being that it's a game, and it's not like they can either be forced out, or put anyone out of business, as you're not paying any 'virtual overhead' on your shop...it's not a big deal.

I also don't recall anyone calling you communist. I do recall Shoryu stating that the game economy is based off a capitalist system, and you freaking out with you're all AMERICANS. AND OMG CAPITALISM.

You're aren't a communist, you just seem to have a god complex, and seem to like to act as if you're omnipotent because you're older than most of the folks on here. Now scurry off and tell all the IRC friends some other lie about how stupid, and what bigots we are, and how we're calling you communist...even though we didn't.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 10:29 PM
Your post is just HILLARIOUS OMG SPELT WRONG because I wasn't making a sweeping generalisation. All I was implyuing that all people who would think that way are American, not that ALL Americans think that way.

Here, I drew you a diagram. HTH.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/americans.jpg

KirinDave
Nov 19, 2006, 10:37 PM
On 2006-11-19 18:44, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Only Americans equate any form of collaboration between businesses with communism.

What you have been trying is not about "vendor collaboration." It's about you flaming anyone who doesn't match your oh-so-perfect prices. You obviously think you "own" markets that you come in to (you use verbs like "copy" to refer to what another vendor does when they become competitive with you, as if no one else is capable of independently arriving at the same conclusions).

But I used the "comrade" moniker with you because dictatorship really lacks a punchy noun, and some dictatorships play at it. Because you don't want to collaborate. You want to fix prices, and if anyone else moves in and deviates even slightly from your model (or even matches it) then you go and flame them. That's an oligarchy or a dictatorship in the making.

[07:45] <Argus> people are still telling me that advising people on prices to set is communism
[07:45] <Argus> I just responded "hahaha fucking Americans" cause it's true. Only Americans would think this is communism.
[07:47] <Argus> IF YOU TELL COMPETITORS THEIR PRICES ARE TOO LOW AND IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS AND RUIN THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG TERM, THIS IS COMMUNISM. IT'S NOT SIMPLE HELPING OTHERS TO HELP YOURSELF AT ALL.

Oh wow, IRC. You guys must be extra cool.

Sorry we aren't going to let you set our sales terms. Especially in the hostile way you did before. If your profits are so volatile that they depend on almost no competition, then you aren't all that good at this, and I have no sympathy for you. Your profits are fortunate that we are on separate servers.

But, anyone with even basic knowledge of economics can see that the ST-designed market is doomed to crash. Most MMORPG markets either hyper-inflate (FFXI during the worst of the gil-buying) or crash utterly. ST will have to find interesting ways of removing money from the economy to keep the value of a meseta up.

Deleted comments of my friends cause they probably don't want to be seen as "racist" too!

Oh wow. You and your friends are so witty! I am sure you are laughing oh so hard at us. Damn, I wish I could be your friend, and friends with your friends! Then I'd be one of the cool kids.

How old are you again? This kind of "My friends laugh harder" bullcrap is so teenage clique. Maybe you should stop posting here now. Every single post reveals the kind of person you really are, and that's not knowledge that someone as self-important as you should really be spreading around.

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-11-19 19:29, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Your post is just HILLARIOUS OMG SPELT WRONG because I wasn't making a sweeping generalisation. All I was implyuing that all people who would think that way are American, not that ALL Americans think that way.

Here, I drew you a diagram. HTH.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/americans.jpg

That diagram is so enfuriating...and funny. I need a scowling, happy smiley. >)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 10:47 PM
@KirinDave:

All I did was advise a seller who was cutting his OWN throat to sell for higher, jeez at LEAST the cost of materials. You jumped down my neck with "LOL COMMUNISM"

Also you are wasting your time, and taking the internet entirely too seriously.

LOL INSERT ESSAY HERE.

The punchline here is I actually sell for less than most of the game. I sell low % synths AT NO PROFIT, even.

Which by the way is double the price he sold that dark saber at. He's hurting himself, you know. Not making a profit, but a loss.

Edit: LOL, where did I tell him to price match me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-19 19:55 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 19, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-11-19 19:47, -Shimarisu- wrote:
All I did was advise a seller who was cutting his OWN throat to sell for higher, jeez at LEAST the cost of materials. You jumped down my neck with "LOL COMMUNISM"

Err, I didn't mention communism seriously. Go look, you're getting all us wide americans mixed up. I know we look all the same, with our racial diversity and mixed heritage. We can't be as racially pure as you, but we try.

But you didn't "advise" him. You told him and when that didn't work, you got angry and started spamming. I can pull up the logs again if you like. I know it won't phase you, you obviously think you were perfectly justified. But other people here certainly don't look at it that way.

Also you are wasting your time, and taking the internet entirely too seriously.

If by "seriously" you mean that I "know other people here are actually human beings" then yes. Entirely too seriously.

LOL INSERT ESSAY HERE.

LOL INSERT IRC LOG HERE! HERE WE ARE LAUGHING HARDER THAN YOU! LOL VISUAL AID! (http://www.shimarisu.justgotowned.com/)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 10:57 PM
Hahah you think I'm angry.

I was advising the dude in this thread. I'm not making anyone price fix.

Price fixing DOES make sense on low cost synth though. I don't price fix on weapons. My pure 410 means I can ACTUALLY undercut, cause mine cost less to make!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-19 20:01 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 19, 2006, 11:17 PM
It's not all that insanely rare, it's just new. The prices'll be down to 2k or so soon, which is a fair figure for it. I have one too, but I'm saving it.

Also, why are Thoridian's prices so low? Is he hacking to get the items or something?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 11:28 PM
On 2006-11-19 20:17, VelosofLight wrote:
It's not all that insanely rare, it's just new. The prices'll be down to 2k or so soon, which is a fair figure for it. I have one too, but I'm saving it.

Also, why are Thoridian's prices so low? Is he hacking to get the items or something?

No, he's selling off stuff he doesn't need at a great deal less than it costs to make it/buy it from others, likely because his shop wasn't getting visitors due to rotation.

I hope he will check whether his shop is actually showing in future. It wasn't when I looked for it.

VelosofLight
Nov 19, 2006, 11:30 PM
So what's wrong with that? I think that other person just needs to stop whining. If he's selling a few items cheap, fine. So long as he's acquiring them legitimately he can do what he wants.