PDA

View Full Version : Will there be pvp(player vs player) in this game?

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 03:59 PM
Will there be pvp in this game? if so that would be cool i need someone to tell me!!

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
I hopr not because it will be lame as hell.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
why would it be lame? it was good in pso

TheTasuke
Nov 18, 2006, 04:01 PM
I'm praying for PvP in PSU too, however, in my opinion, PvP in PSO was NOT GOOD...

Gamemako
Nov 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
PSU lag makes things evil, and man, who would stop the Figunners? Tornado dance repeatedly. Hit anybody once and just finish them off at your liesure.

Deprimenthia
Nov 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
No. PAs make it impossible.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
I dont know much about those advanced classes but if they are going to put pvp in im sure they will change it so everyone could get defeated or something.....

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
only way it would work is if there was no PA's or any thing

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
It'd work fine if they balanced it properly.

I expect they'll balance it SOME, but someone will end up owning.

Thrash777
Nov 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:00, BlindDraken wrote:
why would it be lame? it was good in pso

Did you even PLAY it in PSO!? It was HORRIBLE! Laggy, stupid damage values, accuracy, out-leveled... yuck...

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
everything will work fine just need some skills to kill the beasts and dodge the suv's and stuff the PA's are fine

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:17 PM
lol i played pso but w/e people have different opinions maybe it sucked for some people but i think it was ok it wasnt the best or the worst

Pikku
Nov 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
I hope they dont bring it to PSU either... it was crap on PSO (Both Dreamcast and Gamecube)
Played it ocne or twice then completely stopped... it was just a waste of space they couldve used for something more...
(Its because of PSO being my 1st game I dislike any PvP in any online game whatsoever... *coughhalosuckscough*)
I am looking forward to Smash Bros Brawl Online though.

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 04:20 PM
PSU would have awesome PvP with that battle system, they'd have to make the players synch up properly first though.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:20 PM
pvp is good in some games but if they dont put it in ill be fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:14, Xbob wrote:

Yea that would mean they would to reformat the ENTIRE GAME. That means changing stats changing damage values and changeing the amount of health, which I dought they will do. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that a PA at lvl 20 wouldn't one shot a person. it does over 1500 damage. and barely anyone has that much health. Also would you wanna sit there while some one just PA's you to death. Cause theres no way to avoid it.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
but if there was pvp i think the best player would be a Beast the highest lv with top gear top class and be the red{power beast}

Gamemako
Nov 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
It would have good PvP with no lag and with big (20+) teams. Team diversity for buffs, debuffs, techs, PAs, status effects, et cetera would make it pretty decent, I should think. But the lag ends all, especially with more than the 6 for team max in PvM.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
if you got top gear and stuff and your a higher lv then the other person with the pa you can live even if they pa you

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-11-18 13:22, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-11-18 13:14, Xbob wrote:

Yea that would mean they would to reformat the ENTIRE GAME. That means changing stats changing damage values and changeing the amount of health, which I dought they will do. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that a PA at lvl 20 wouldn't one shot a person. it does over 1500 damage. and barely anyone has that much health. Also would you wanna sit there while some one just PA's you to death. Cause theres no way to avoid it.

They did it for PSO.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
^_^ PvP would be awsome

littleman2347
Nov 18, 2006, 04:29 PM
Wasnt it uasually that human to human dmg was alot less than human to npc

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:32 PM
i think so omfg why cant i remember

AC9breaker
Nov 18, 2006, 04:37 PM
Ah yes, the monthly "Will there be PvP in this game" topic. I personally hope so. I loved beating forces with my RAcast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

natewifi
Nov 18, 2006, 04:54 PM
u guys must have not played it on ultimate mode, every hit count. any other difficulty with battle mode sucked, offline sucked with battle mode.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
i never got to play ultimate mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but i saw someone else i know play it

AC9breaker
Nov 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
Rule 1 was my favorite rule. Most balanced if you prepared accordingly against the job you where fighting.

natewifi
Nov 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
i think pvp wuld work just fine as long as everyone thats battling in that party, battles around the same level. It gets boring fighting the same thing after u hav gotten everything (or your just tired of doing runs) in the game and ur way stronger than the enemy ur fighting, thers no competition, which leads down to boredom...or etleast thats wut it seems like from my perspective

SoiFong
Nov 18, 2006, 05:32 PM
I just want a chance to fight Yoruichi .. one on one .. do it right .. it would be a awesome fight.

Thrash777
Nov 18, 2006, 05:42 PM
You know what? I actually wish they would bring out PvP, just so that everyone can realise that it WOULD NOT WORK!

Just think about opposing values:

ATA<->EVP
ATP<->DFP
etc

Everything would be either 1 hit kill, or you would just MISS constantly! Just like it was on PSO PvP...

EC_Subbie
Nov 18, 2006, 06:07 PM
The only pvp I would enjoy would be something like FFXI's ballista. Make it team based, with groups of players fighting on a battlefield. 1vs1 arena and PK is lame and boring.

Anyone who has played FFXI and was into ballista will know what I'm talking about. That was one aspect of the game not many people were into, but it was so so good and underrated..probably my favorite part of the game. There was a lot of skill involved too due to all the possible job combinations, and knowing how to use the jobs skills to your advantage and avoiding it's weaknesses. There was nothing better than getting a huge 30 vs 30 game on a battlefield..and seeing all these players going at it, weaponskills and spells going off all over, little tarus getting blown up/chopped/eaten etc. Ah good times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-18 15:17 ]</font>

natewifi
Nov 18, 2006, 06:18 PM
this is not pso, u dont no wut pvp wuld be like in psu, when u missed u werent really missing u wer hitting them they wer just invincible for a time after being hit thats how normal, hard, and very hard difficulties did damage ex.olga flows multi-shot attack he did on his first form wer he shots alot of blasts out simeltaneously in the first 3 difficulties one shot wuld hit u but in ultimate all the shots that came after u wuld hit in psu. athough u get hit multiple times n e ways in psu, if u hit sum1 in psu pvp with a combinatin im sure all hits wuld hit, u wuldnt hav to do a 1 hit kill u could beat them with ur combination and psu skills http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 07:10 PM
Super Mario bros 3 had better PVP then PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-18 16:15 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Nov 18, 2006, 07:44 PM
Super Mario bros 3? o.O ehh anyway PSU can handle PvP, how? Easy! PA's restriction/rules and once a player enters PK zone there stats would balance to others being equal, also making a player resist PA's and such's would help, aswell as spells and ranged, once they enter the PK zone there will be a player restriction as it would CAP to a max player number so it wont lag, SEGA do this then they would get the game going with or without updates so people will stop complaing about not much content.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 07:50 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME PSU CAN HANDLE PSU anyone can kill anyone if they know how to play all i want to know is there going to be pvp? i really want it and i dont know what sega said!

HiKeRI
Nov 18, 2006, 07:54 PM
On 2006-11-18 16:50, BlindDraken wrote:
FOR THE LAST TIME PSU CAN HANDLE PSU anyone can kill anyone if they know how to play all i want to know is there going to be pvp? i really want it and i dont know what sega said!

Do you play the game? Do you check notices? If you havent seen PVP then no, everyone is clueless of the game thats starting so we all can't answer your question.

Spacepest
Nov 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hmm, pvp in PSU? Only if it was confined to certain areas, like the pvp was in PSO.

All out constant PVP everywhere on a server sucks ass. And for those of you who think it would be cool to just be able PVP someone anytime, anywhere, I hope someone attacks you while you and your PM are synthing items, or you are buying stuff from an NPC in a shop.

BlindDraken
Nov 18, 2006, 07:58 PM
yeah i play the game im lv 27 and i have a lv 20 it says in my sig and when i say pvp i mean like theres a place only for pvp not anywhere

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:00 PM
If they bring Del Sabers back to be the games officially un-biased referees, then hell yes. PSU would be wonderful with PvP.

Yes. I said un-biased.

They don't care what armor you have.
They don't care what weapon you have.
They don't care how much meseta you have.
They don't care about the size of your e-peen.

They only care about one thing: Singling out the person with the lowest HP, and horribly raping him. They even ignore'd the guy standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM and went for the guy with the lowest HP. I loved those guys in Battle Mode on PSO.

Well, whenever I had more HP anyway. >.>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-18 17:01 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 08:01 PM
We don't know bout I dought it will,

Chaobo99
Nov 18, 2006, 08:17 PM
If they did make PVP, theyd have those things where your lvl resets to lv.1 and when you die it increases to 5 and you would have 10 lives..so one making death possible....good for beats and androids cause theyd have to die a few times till they reach lv.20 to use nanoblast/SUV

Jaysky
Nov 18, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'd love for there to be PvP because im very competitive and i'd love to fight my friend.. heh.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:20 PM
Hunter > Force

Rock versus Paper. Paper takes time to cover Rock, but if it is executed properly then Rock is covered. If Paper faulters even slightly in the wind then Rock will get enough speed on their rush and tear right through them.

Hunter < Ranger

Rock versus Scissors. Only, these scissors are made of adamantium with a sexy bejeweld handle. Rock has no speed modifier and if Scissors just strafes backwards with Paralysis rounds then Rock is done. Switching to Ice if they hit a wall will give the Scissors more time to run to the opposite side and repeat. If Ice or Paralysis fails then the Rock may very well shatter the Scissors at the point of intersection of the blades rendering the Scissors useless.

Ranger > Force

Scissors versus Paper. Earth or Frost rounds. Game is over within seconds.

Ranger > Hunter

Same as above.

Force < Hunter

Same as above.

Force < Ranger

Same as above.

Hybrids will be similiar. If they get bullets, you better believe they will use them.

PvP does seem a bit broken and in Rangers favor, but melee strikes can have lower damage; bullets can have a lower proc rate; and spells could have Fast Cast VI on them in special arenas. You never know... PvP could work... but it'll take alot of major tweaking.

ProfessorZ
Nov 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
I would just own you with my Frozen gatling lol

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:32 PM
On 2006-11-18 17:28, ProfessorZ wrote:

Well Frozen would be an instant win, but a Shock Gatling would just be insulting.

RA: "Hi there!"
HU: "$@%@!&&!!"
RA: "Aww, you want a hug? Why are you so close to me?"
HU: *spamming PA Button* "%^#&$!!!!!!!!!!!"
RA: /comfort

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-11-18 17:32, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-18 17:28, ProfessorZ wrote:

Well Frozen would be an instant win, but a Shock Gatling would just be insulting.

RA: "Hi there!"
HU: "$@%@!&&!!"
RA: "Aww, you want a hug? Why are you so close to me?"
HU: *spamming PA Button* "%^#&$!!!!!!!!!!!"
RA: /comfort

If they implement pvp it wouldnt be that easy to just spam a PP. Most likely you will start with 0 PP or enough to do either a few shots or 2 skill attacks, as for hunters they probably would have enough for 1 skill attack and have to build up or wait for it to be able to use it again.

They wouldnt just simply make it like PSO's pvp. Defense for all classes will probably be boost too to make the fights last longer.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well my Twin Rippers only need 3 ticks for each PA, and just one PA would kill a Force a few times over. >.>

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Well my Twin Rippers only need 3 ticks for each PA, and just one PA would kill a Force a few times over. >.>

A force would have to be smart enough to keep distance or run in close wait for you to spam ur pa, then move out of the range of it. Then again i wouldnt run straight at a force seeing as how ive seen some do 600+ dmg with 1 spell. If you get frozen by one your basicly fucked.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:11, AkiraXxx wrote:

A force would have to be smart enough to keep distance or run in close wait for you to spam ur pa, then move out of the range of it. Then again i wouldnt run straight at a force seeing as how ive seen some do 600+ dmg with 1 spell. If you get frozen by one your basicly fucked.

No casting mobs can hit me with anything but Gi spells when I really try, and I don't see Forces being any different. And the only reason Gi spells hit me is because they have so much HP that they usually don't die before casting it at least once. Forces don't have that much HP, so that's not much of a concern to me.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-18 18:11, AkiraXxx wrote:

No casting mobs can hit me with anything but Gi spells when I really try, and I don't see Forces being any different. And the only reason Gi spells hit me is because they have so much HP that they usually don't die before casting it at least once. Forces don't have that much HP, so that's not much of a concern to me.

Well dont forget a force can just whip out a ranged weapon and pick at you as well if you dont want to get close. Then if you try to switch to a ranged they would just open up on you with spells as you shoot.

Doesnt matter either way, im just going to run up with a +10 S axe and decapitate whoever I fight.

Thats IF they put in pvp lmao.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:24 PM
Can you be frozen when you are in the Tornado Dance animation?

Figunner: TIME TO DIE!!!
Fortegunner: Bring it.
Figunner: *uses Tornado Dance*
Fortegunner: *freezes Figunner with frost rounds and continues to shoot* lol
Figunner: %@%^! NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF!

I would kill to see that.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:24, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Well I get frozen in the middle of spear pa and ooga booga dance or w.e that shit is. So its possible. Would suck to swing a slow ass axe, get frozen, and then get fireballed to death and not being able to heal.

natewifi
Nov 18, 2006, 10:51 PM
if there is gonna be pvp ther should be a choice wer either u can just flatout fight with the char u built up against other players or choose a rule for ppl that r more confortable that way like the old way of doing pvp EVERYBODY WINS!!!

Xbob
Nov 18, 2006, 10:54 PM
Elemental effects will probably be lowered slightly and defense for them will raise. Forces have both buffs and debuffs, so don't think they'd just fall over, if you get frozen, you can kiss your ass goodbye unless the force is very poor at playing, or if you got a force on your team. And unless you get a one-shot (And I doubt Sega will make it THAT easy in PvP this time around.) then you can count on the force having a plethora of mates that the Hunters were too badass to pick up.

DonRoyale
Nov 18, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-11-18 17:19, Jaysky wrote:
I'd love for there to be PvP because im very competitive and i'd love to fight my friend.. heh.

Hahahaha...yeah, good times...

(Too bad we can't have foie mod now..."SCREW YOUR INSIDIOUSLY HIGH HP AND DEFENSE, I HAVE FOIE DAMAGE MOD!")

OK, too loud http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Seriously, though, with Meseta in such high demand, I think it would waste a lot of Meseta, so it wouldn't be worth it...

Mind you, BB battles were even worse...you lost EXP if you died...;_;

BlindDraken
Nov 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
Is there any way of asking sega if there will be pvp in this game?

Genoa
Nov 19, 2006, 12:24 AM
I'd want it only to go SUV on someone... Or Nanoblast all up on em. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 12:58 AM
On 2006-11-18 21:22, BlindDraken wrote:
Is there any way of asking sega if there will be pvp in this game?

ROFL omg thats a funny one.

BlindDraken
Nov 19, 2006, 01:01 AM
omfg dont laugh at me why is that funny?

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 01:37 AM
On 2006-11-18 22:01, BlindDraken wrote:
omfg dont laugh at me why is that funny?

ROFL, omg stop your your killing me.

Xbob
Nov 19, 2006, 01:50 AM
There's an interview on the main site. The guy says while they won't be putting Battle or Challenge mode in in the "near future," they "may be able" to add it in later. So yeah, pretty much guaranteed we're getting it. Genobee will probably have something utterly stupid to say in response though.

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-11-18 22:50, Xbob wrote:
There's an interview on the main site. The guy says while they won't be putting Battle or Challenge mode in in the "near future," they "may be able" to add it in later. So yeah, pretty much guaranteed we're getting it. Genobee will probably have something utterly stupid to say in response though.

If your gonna quote some thing quote it for the truth retard, at the end of that state ment he says "as of right now, no" Also he probly ment challenege mode which is possible whith the current game mechantic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-18 23:04 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 19, 2006, 02:56 AM
Thanks for your highly educated response on the matter of what is or is not possible on the product that that man was talking about, which he also happened to help create, while talking about two modes- and you assume one because it makes more sense to you. And "as of right now, no" and "not in the near future," are essentially the same thing.

Shaidar
Nov 19, 2006, 02:57 AM
It's probably been said a thousand times already, but I'd very much like to see some kind of PvP in the game, as long as it doesn't mess up the balance of the PvM. Some kind of arena where you could just go and play around a bit would be awesome. Of course, then it's important that people realize it's just for fun and not the center of the game, or we'll have issues with people ganging up on others and even more getting pissed at it. So yeah, I'm all for PvP, as long as ST handle it properly.

I have yet to play the game (yay for EU), so I can't really say much about how the current balance would do in PvP situations, but meh. It'll be interesting to see when the time comes.

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-11-18 23:56, Xbob wrote:
Thanks for your highly educated response on the matter of what is or is not possible on the product that that man was talking about, which he also happened to help create, while talking about two modes- and you assume one because it makes more sense to you. And "as of right now, no" and "not in the near future," are essentially the same thing.

O ok cuase some thing currently impossible to put in and would require months of number chrunching, repromraming and no hint of it at all in the current Story mode, means to you "yea it's gonna be in here". Which your baising this all on the creater said 6 months ago? Ok cool it's good to know I'm the crazy one.

Saphion
Nov 19, 2006, 03:17 AM
@ Genobee

...what?

Gazette
Nov 19, 2006, 03:28 AM
PSO PVP was severely unbalanced by both lag and knock down attacks.
Despite what you may think, PSO's PVP boiled down to who could knock the other down first and pull off a string of combos before they could ever get back up.

What skill was there in using any old ranged weapon that had a spread affect just to knock the other person down?

Sega put no effort into balancing PSO's PVP, so I wouldn't even give them the benefit of the doubt this time around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-19 00:29 ]</font>

Turambar
Nov 19, 2006, 03:33 AM

Yes, you most definitly can. Happened to me twice in story mode, absolute zero mission. It looks absolutely hilarious as well since you're perfectly horizontal.

guygoi
Nov 19, 2006, 07:12 AM
Hello. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

This Game have or will ave any kind of PvP?

SoiFong
Nov 19, 2006, 07:30 AM
- Im not trying to be rude but ... there is an answer to you question on page 2 of this forum which isnt isnt that buried yet... However for the sake of repetition.

The general answer is:
1) None now.
2) Maybe later.

Soi Fong's Answer is:
1) Lurk more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoiFong on 2006-11-19 05:07 ]</font>

Franz
Nov 19, 2006, 07:58 AM
You want some competion? play in a "give finder" game with strangers. ;p

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 19, 2006, 08:35 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Phalynx
Nov 19, 2006, 09:14 AM
Seriously, people are such god damn loot whores, running to EVERY drop as fast as they can. It's pathetic.

Thrash777
Nov 19, 2006, 09:45 AM

Happened to me yesterday... last boss, I was spinning into him and he froze me! I was like OMGWTFROFLMAOBBQSAUCE!!11!1! I would have PrtSc, but I'm on a 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

cobfab
Nov 19, 2006, 09:49 AM
On 2006-11-19 06:45, Thrash777 wrote:

Happened to me yesterday... last boss, I was spinning into him and he froze me! I was like OMGWTFROFLMAOBBQSAUCE!!11!1! I would have PrtSc, but I'm on a 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LOL that happened to me against a Jabar. Their ice hurts so much it makes you afraid to go near it and risk S rank. But the last room in Seabed Lab, it's almost impossible to get S rank in that mission unless you're high lv and do C.

cobfab
Nov 19, 2006, 10:04 AM
On 2006-11-19 00:28, Gazette wrote:
PSO PVP was severely unbalanced by both lag and knock down attacks.
Despite what you may think, PSO's PVP boiled down to who could knock the other down first and pull off a string of combos before they could ever get back up.

What skill was there in using any old ranged weapon that had a spread affect just to knock the other person down?

Sega put no effort into balancing PSO's PVP, so I wouldn't even give them the benefit of the doubt this time around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-19 00:29 ]</font>

If you're talking about Ver.2 PvP, you couldn't attack them when they're down unless you freeze them upon getting up. Way to go to just blame everything on sega because you're unsatisfied. Sega makes the game, it's up to the players to make the game fun for themselves and others. Even the stupidest online game can be fun if you do something about it. If PvP is not balance, make it balance. If you had step into Miranda 7, you'd know that almost all the battle games there have "HU" in it which most are "BA6HU".

BlindDraken
Nov 20, 2006, 10:27 AM
lol well thanks everyone.......