PDA

View Full Version : How does a Beast Fortegunner sound?

Dr_Lantis
Nov 18, 2006, 05:28 PM
Since my main is a Cast, it would seem like a waste to make another Humanoid. Newmans seem to have too low of an attack and humans seem kind of boring. However, in addition to Beast's bad accuracy, nanoblasts would seem kind of worthless (since I'm going to be afar) and gets me to think about Crea weapons and how useful they may be.

Thrash777
Nov 18, 2006, 05:33 PM
lowest ATA race with a ATA requiring class... not such a good idea

BUT if you compensated for the extremely low ATA, you could have a nice combination there...

Para
Nov 18, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-11-18 14:33, Thrash777 wrote:
lowest ATA race with a ATA requiring class... not such a good idea

BUT if you compensated for the extremely low ATA, you could have a nice combination there...

Well if he is going as a fortegunner, his stat growth will be influenced so that he gets more ATA than any other beast.

Natrokos
Nov 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
Beast Fortegunner will be fine....Yes your ATA is lower but if the current items are any indication the requirements are only really effective for the first 30 levels or so....As a Newman Force I meet the Defense requirement for all the armour (including the A rank armour) and Newman M Force has the lowest defense in the game.

FenixStryk
Nov 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't recommend it since it's the second worst race/class combo in the entire game (beaten only by a CAST Force), but if you insist, no one's going to stop you.

EDIT: Someone brung up a good point. While you do miss more often, you hit much harder. If you focus on accurate weapons, you'll do great, since even if they hit weak, your strength will make up for it.

Or, you could just go crazy and go for the strongest gun there is and hope you get lucky and make a Ranger shoot Nukes.

This sort of falls into the same category as a CAST Force. If you know what you're doing and focus on what will work best for your race (In terms of a CAST, using Bows, Cards, and a little Resta), you can make it work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-18 15:34 ]</font>

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
Say, we do need a guild/team of the "Misfits" also known as CAST Fortechers, Newman Fortefighters, and Beast Fortegunners.
Nothing's stopping you though. You'll miss half the time but when you hit, you hit hard. ;D

Natrokos
Nov 18, 2006, 06:43 PM
You will NOT miss 1/2 the time.... You will probably miss about 1/6 at the most and can recover even more with an arm slot that boosts ATA.....I've seen Beast hunters with -ATA arm slots shooting crappy pistols and hitting more then 1/2 the time.

Plus Nanoblast would not be useless....If you run out of PP, if you are backed into a corner, if you are tired of shooting, or if you just want to look like a minotaur/cat thing.....
And that only covers the Red nano.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 07:00 PM
NO ONE CARES IF YOU WANNA MAKE A CLASS THEN FUCKING MAKE IT! christ I'm sick of this every 5 fucking threads are some asking is this Class a good idea? you sounds liek a woman who asks? does my ass look fat in these jeans?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 18, 2006, 07:05 PM
No it's not a good idea.

Pure classes should really be done by the best race for the job. That is if you want to excel. In my mind a ranger is not about damage, but support. A beast will miss a lot more and won't pull off the status ailments.

A newman makes a better ranger, despite not having the damage capacity. But really, you should go with cast. Merged classes suit "nerfed" races better, because they allow for vastly more varied strategies.

Edit: The thing is, Natrokos, that despite the compensation it's still a poor choice. The reason for this is cast ATP is not much lower than beast, but ATA is much higher.

You see what I mean by this? A beast ranger really is redundant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 16:06 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 07:07 PM
Be whatever race/class combo you like.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 07:14 PM
You guys know you can switch classes right? if you thnik it will be good then try it. If you don't like it switch back.

UltimateCarl
Nov 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
Go for it. I'm working on one right now. I don't think people should be allowed to bash it until they try it. I've got a male Beast at level 10 Ranger 2 right now. I miss maybe one out of every 15 shots, which is honestly no noticably less than my Cast Ranger. Even when I first started, I bought the cheapest Rifle and slapped Grav Shot on immediately. I missed maybe one out of every 10 shots, then. You also have to consider that a Fortegunner can get bullets up to level 30 (which improves accuracy) and it's a high level class. From what I hear, once you hit high levels, even low-accuracy characters hardly miss.

Anyhow, at level 10 with a +1 Grinded C-Rank Rifle my Beast is doing about equal damage to my level 15 Cast with +1 Grinded B-Rank Twin Handguns on the same enemies. My Cast misses maybe 1/17 shots, my Beast 1/15. Once I level his bullets a bit more I'm sure my Beast will miss even less than he does now and do some pretty crazy damage. Also you have to keep in mind that Beasts have higher HP, EVD, and MST which more than outweighs the Cast DFP bonus so Beasts last longer. Not that I ever get hit.

Bottom line: Don't let people tell you what to do. Play what you want to first and foremost, but also have a bit more faith in SEGA. They took four years to make this game, it's pretty well balanced. Nobody is a "gimp". At the very least, don't let someone tell you a class sucks until they themselves have played it.

Itsuki
Nov 18, 2006, 07:46 PM
High end games it really doesn't sound like a good idea. the difference in damage is probably minimal and only truly noticable with weapons like shotguns and mechguns, which don't have any ata and rely on your natural ata, which you're not going to have. S-rank is going to be a pain for you, thats all I can say.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
Try playing a beast ranger, see all those zero's? Well its only going to get worse when fighting higher level things that have more evasion stats compared to there lower level couterparts

ATA makes a huge diffrence for guns not so much for melee weapons, if you compare a 3* gun to a 3* melee weapon youll see the melee weapons has a lot more accuracy, so a beast playing melee wont miss a whole lot but using a gun youll see tons of zero's

Not only that but your nanoblast will suck

Seriously just be a cast, it will be way better

and guns do crappy damage no matter what race you are, as a beast youll be doing even worse damage than a newman who has way less atp but much more ata

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-18 16:48 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 08:08 PM
Actually, I have a beast ranger, and get plenty of hits.

EDIT:I also do plenty of damage each hit, and have every intention of going fortegunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2006-11-18 17:09 ]</font>

EphekZ
Nov 18, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-11-18 16:00, Genobee wrote:
NO ONE CARES IF YOU WANNA MAKE A CLASS THEN FUCKING MAKE IT! christ I'm sick of this every 5 fucking threads are some asking is this Class a good idea? you sounds liek a woman who asks? does my ass look fat in these jeans?

QFT

genobee, I give you badge of wisdom; as you have graduated to the few people that actually have a shred of common sense. I hope you look back on this day of great accomplishments.

PJesus
Nov 19, 2006, 12:57 AM

Whats with you trolling in like every topic I see? Grow up and take it elsewhere... Also, the Misogyny is totally unnecessary...

Fure_Rakune
Nov 19, 2006, 01:04 AM
I am currently a Lvl.44 FOcast, only turned force recently to become a protranser.
Right now I consider myself to be a restabot more than anything else, resta and reverser are the only two techs I care to have. Im liking it so far, im three levels into the force progression and its been enjoyable. Even though I dont heal for alot of hp currently with resta 6 (im ranging in the low 200s), every spell counts and Im often appreciated for my work.
My other character, Amada, is a Female Beast with aspirations to be a Wartecher. Its enjoyable to have odd class match-ups, plus its something people will remember. :>

EphekZ
Nov 19, 2006, 01:15 AM
On 2006-11-18 21:57, PJesus wrote:

Whats with you trolling in like every topic I see? Grow up and take it elsewhere... Also, the Misogyny is totally unnecessary...

hey you...shut up.

UltraDeeDer
Nov 19, 2006, 01:19 AM
Sick of these threads.

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-11-18 21:57, PJesus wrote:

a Troll is only as good as it'd reponse? so what does that make you?

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
how is Genobee trolling? he's just telling someone to pick whatever class he wants. something like laughing at a race, or saying negative things like "this race with that type sux!" sound more like trolls than "be what you want".