PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PSU, help me!

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 06:58 PM
Hello everyone!

I want to buy this game, but I first need to know some stuff.

1- What kind of MMORPG is this?
2- Does Xbox 360 players play all in same server? I mean, US, Japan and European people does plays on same server?
3- Is PSU for Xbox 360 Region Free? I mean, if I import it, it would work fine at my PAL 360?
4- I've heard there are more Xbox 360 players than PS2 players, is it true? I'll have my doubts, but well...

For now, that's all.

thanks, everyone.

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:03 PM
1. It's an action-rpg. Servers andled similarto Guildwars or Dungeons & Dragons Online. Wander around the towns with EVERYone, form a group, then start a quest/mission, where only your party is allowed.
2. Yes. When EU and JP 360 versions are released, they will all be on same server.
3. Don't know. I think it is a regioned disc, hence why they are releasing it for different regions...but I just don't know.
4. Maybe.. I think here are indeed more 360 players than ps2 players, but not as much as PC and PS2 combined, since they both share the same servers. I'd wager a guess that 2/3's to 3/4's of their population are from PC though, not ps2.

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-11-18 15:58, guygoi wrote:
Hello everyone!

I want to buy this game, but I first need to know some stuff.

1- What kind of MMORPG is this?
2- Does Xbox 360 players play all in same server? I mean, US, Japan and European people does plays on same server?
3- Is PSU for Xbox 360 Region Free? I mean, if I import it, it would work fine at my PAL 360?
4- I've heard there are more Xbox 360 players than PS2 players, is it true? I'll have my doubts, but well...

For now, that's all.

thanks, everyone.

1. It's not an MMO.
2. Xbox360 is with EU, JP and NA
3. not realy sure
4. Probly after JP and EU comes out

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 07:09 PM
In PSU you play in groups of up to 6 in set stages. While you're playing the game you and your team are essentially in your own world, and the only time you interact with more people is in the lobbys before choosing your mission. You can leave missions and return to lobbies whenenver you want, or join other missions that have already started. Provided they aren't locked.

And the 360 is region free from what I've heard, but the ability to buy the subscription fee on the marketplace has been removed for european players until the game is released here.

PeterFCS
Nov 18, 2006, 07:10 PM
There is no region lock on the discs. Iīm using a NTSC-disc on my PAL-360.

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Peter, and how you pay the Guardian License? if it has been removed until release in Europe...

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:13 PM
Btw, if is not a MMO game, why it haves suscription?

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
Subscription is only for online services of character data storage, etc... Those online servers dont run themselves... well I guess they do till some fat guys spills his coffee on it but they also gotta monitor shit on it and ban people like broomop... >.>

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 07:19 PM
On 2006-11-18 16:13, guygoi wrote:
Btw, if is not a MMO game, why it haves suscription?

ummm profit.

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:19 PM
But Guild Wars does not have subscription and its online also...

well, its fine. This game is nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway... when you make an account (on Xbox 360), you have to put your account name and password everytime you want to go online? or its all about Gamertags and Xbox Live Profile

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:20 PM
Gamertags and Xbox Live profile. Signing in in tis game consists of turning on the system, and the little icon saying you've logged into Xbox LIVE.

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-11-18 16:19, guygoi wrote:
But Guild Wars does not have subscription and its online also...

well, its fine. This game is nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway... when you make an account (on Xbox 360), you have to put your account name and password everytime you want to go online? or its all about Gamertags and Xbox Live Profile

Oh ya, and that's because Guild Wars is boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:25 PM
But if my Xbox 360 screws for any reason, I lose my PSU account too? and all my characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:27 PM
You can sign into your Xbox Live account from any 360, so no. There's a feature to 'Retreive Gamer tag from system' for if someone buys/or plays on another 360, so they keep their information. If your 360 screws up bad, just retrieve your gamer tag info, and you're back in.

Eliash
Nov 18, 2006, 07:29 PM
Your characters are saved serverside so that shouldn't be a problem. I think it ties your account with your gamertag so it shouldn't be a problem, although I'm not sure about this.

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:36 PM
So if I import it from US, I won't have any problems, right?

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:41 PM
I don't know, as of this point, you can't buy a guardian's license until the game is released on your side of the pond. The game should work, and on the 24th, you should be ale to get online...but it seems to me, being only 5 days away from the EU release, one of those with no mail delivery, wouldn't it be faster, and easier since then you'd have NO worry of any problems or hitches, to just wait 5 days and buy it in person?

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:43 PM
Yea, but I don't know if it will come out my town at 24th... Probally until December it won't come here. ;(

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 07:44 PM
Maybe special order from a shop in, or near your home town? *shrug*

guygoi
Nov 18, 2006, 07:48 PM
I will buy it from Yesasia, 48€ + 16€ express delivery, that takes just 3 or 4 days to reach my home.

Total: 64-65€, cheaper than if I buy it here when release. (usually games here cost 69,95€).

/happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maskim
Nov 18, 2006, 08:04 PM
Good deal. We'll see you online.