PDA

View Full Version : Useless synth materials..? And another question..

Overtaken
Nov 18, 2006, 08:01 PM
Slaterian, Teranite, Cyral, Kubura Wood, Chicotite, Olpad

Are these all useless until later updates? or are they actually usable to this date?

Also where do i need to go to grind yohmei weapons??

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 08:03 PM
Kubara wood can be subbed into 6 star ranged boards to change the output to a Kubara version.

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 08:05 PM
Oh, Yohmei weapons are ground at the Yohmei shop on Neudaiz, go all the way down to the left from the PPT Shuttleport.

Overtaken
Nov 18, 2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks I wasn't even aware of such a shop.

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah, all the major manufaturers have a main shop, you buy the B ranked stuff there.

GRM is in Parum's West District, and Tenora is all the way to the right from the PPT on Moatoob.

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 08:19 PM
Keep all the stuff. Everything that you listed (including the Kubara Wood on certain circumstances) can be used for A Rank Weapon Synthing, which will bring you a ton of cash if you sell them to the expert classers post-update.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
On 2006-11-18 17:03, Randomness wrote:
Kubara wood can be subbed into 6 star ranged boards to change the output to a Kubara version.

The boards with ??? Wood aren't in the game yet right? Shops sell the ones with Im-Photon listed, and i've never found any gun boards with ??? Wood. It always has Im-Photons listed. :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-18 17:29 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
Those materials might be needed for 6+ star weapon boards. Kubara wood is usually needed for kubara weapons boards or subbed in some ranged boards to make a kubara spec version.

In the end just horde it all and wait for when the use is revealed to you. Though if you compare descriptions you can figure out what its used for and plan ahead for it.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:36 PM
They're in the game as item drop only I think. I remember someone posting pics of a Kubara spec bow that was made by subbing kubara wood on the item synth.

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, some of them drop in Fanatics A, like bow and twin handguns.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:40 PM
Ohhh... I thought they were just random drops from any mission that has the usual board. Looks like i'm off to farm some Grove of Fanatics A solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Choja
Nov 18, 2006, 09:01 PM
Any six star weapon board (mainly because all of them have a ??? Wood option) can be substituted with Kubara Wood to make the Kubara version of the one star (it's still six stars though). It is NOT made by switching the wood on a one star board as the database says (you can't do so anyways). I would classify them as "illegally (seriously) modified weapons" since you take the risk to synth them, AND also the chance of breaking it when grinding the weapon to its maxium power.

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 09:02 PM
On 2006-11-18 17:40, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Ohhh... I thought they were just random drops from any mission that has the usual board. Looks like i'm off to farm some Grove of Fanatics A solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Bring a force with you unless you like going to the lobby mid-mission to recharge or buy dimates.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:02, hucast21 wrote:

Bring a force with you unless you like going to the lobby mid-mission to recharge or buy dimates.

I've done it before but have never gotten any rare worth staying for. If I can get one of these boards it'll be oh so worth it. Going back there sometime next week. Gonna explore Moatoob a bit more.

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:07 PM

50% lightning Dual Slashers + Common Sense FTW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I never had to go back for mates or a recharge.

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:07, BloodDragoon wrote:

50% lightning Dual Slashers + Common Sense FTW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I never had to go back for mates or a recharge.

How long did it take you though? Over an hour? Without PA spamming, you won't be out of Grove A in less than an hour (no NPC or trainer, just you).

Your 50% Lightning Dual Slashers is alright. I carry 11 5* weapons on me, and when I solo Grove A I have to recharge them.

I don't like my missions 40+ minutes regardless of the reward. Grove A has 45+ level enemies and the robots have crazy defense against melee attacks, it will take you awhile.

As for your last comment about not going back for mates... If you carry 20 monos, 20 dimates, and 10 trimates, I'll believe you than.

Robots exploding everywhere, status effects, stupid temple guards healing themselves and the robots... It's a tough mission even for a level 50 hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-18 18:21 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:19, hucast21 wrote:
It's a tough mission even for a level 50 hunter.

It's not as tough as it is annoying.

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:22, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That's what I meant, but it pales in comparison to Dimma A on Moatoob. Try to solo that mission as a hunter with no range weapons.

See how long it takes you to bring him down. >_>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:27, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-18 18:22, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That's what I meant, but it pales in comparison to Dimma A on Moatoob. Try to solo that mission as a hunter with no range weapons.

See how long it takes you to bring him down. >_>

LOL

I only have one Handgun, and that is because someone gave it to me. A gimpy Autogun. Does 110 per hit and it empties half-way in the fight. It would be most amusing to see how long it'd take a Hunter to solo that fight...

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:33 PM
monos? nah only di,tri,anti, and photon charge cosmo's (only time I use them is soloing temple) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
It takes awhile yes but I can do it, and usually I do this while doing something else at my desk so its usually something along the lines of clear 1-2 rooms work on other thing for a few min while PP recharges itself, etc... But I do this farming in general.

I tend to remember how much damage everything has taken when I solo so its not so hard to time PA usage to throw that bysha across the room when it dies. Temple guards I usually impale with a halbert, and are always a priority in rooms where they spawn with bysha, Only times actually have a fair amount of trouble/item usage is on map variants that spawn large numbers of the blue bysha mechs though a majority of the item usage is antimates and damage caused by randomly catching fire when their fireball hits me after using them all.

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:

LOL

I only have one Handgun, and that is because someone gave it to me. A gimpy Autogun. Does 110 per hit and it empties half-way in the fight. It would be most amusing to see how long it'd take a Hunter to solo that fight...

Lets just say, it took me well over an hour for that mission. So much time I only did it once since the content patch.

What was my reward? Star atomizers and a scape doll. >_>

That is why I went solo, hoping for him to drop 6* armor/weapon boards and not worry about other party members ninja looting everything.

I'll never solo Dimma A again.