PDA

View Full Version : Protranser

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 08:35 PM
so, when expert classes are released, anyone else gonna make a protranser(not nescesarily as your main)?

Sure, they don't get S-Rank weps, but a +10 A rank will still do good damage, not to mention they have a pretty nice weapon selection, as well as hightened effects from traps(which are actually pretty nice).

they get level 30 in both Bullets and Skills, A ranks in Sword, Knuckle, Spear, Axe, Sabers, Shotguns, Bows, Grenade Launchers, Laser Cannons, and Handguns, as well as decent stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-18 17:38 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:43 PM
Can you have more than 10 traps per type? Do they get a passive bonus when they switch to Protranser? I've seen no info commenting on this so i'm left assuming they don't. I was thinking of doing Protranser further down the line on my Newman, but if they get no bonus # of traps then i'll probably push it further down.

EDIT: When I say passive bonus, I mean bonus to the number of traps they can carry. I know what their damage modifier on traps is compared to the other trap users, and it's not exactly impressive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-18 17:44 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Nov 18, 2006, 08:44 PM
They get some speed boost they'll own for real, also it would help on setting traps.

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 08:46 PM
i don't believe they get an increase to number of traps, but there's roughly 20 different varieties of traps as it is, 2 versions of each trap type(with different bonuses from protranser obviously)

http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Traps

are the different traps. granted, i see them more as "oh, big group of stuff giving group trouble. lets drop a trap" than "Lets spam them!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-18 17:48 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 08:47 PM
So there is more than what the shop carries? Are they drops in Grove of Fanatics, or are they not released yet? I never pay attention to which ones fall, they just end up as PM food.

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 08:48 PM
from what i can tell, currently only 4 are store buyable(i never check, and PSUpedia only lists pirces on 4), but i'm not positive. they might give recipes for them, and i know some drop in grove.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-18 17:49 ]</font>

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I've had a virus trap G drop from grove before. I just sold it to pay for more mag food though.

But on topic, I'm planning one making my main character a protranser. They must have something going for them to warrant the shitty stats they get and how you need to level up more job classes to become it. But it seems they don't even get a wand despite needing your force class up to level 5 to become one. =(

HiKeRI
Nov 18, 2006, 09:07 PM
They could solo, pretty easy.. Freeze > Confuse > Attack > Sleep > Attack etc.

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 09:15 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:07, HiKeRI wrote:

that's the reason i was gonna make one. selection of good ranged weps for keeping back/status, guaranteed status at higher effectiveness, and strong melee weps and the stats to use them.

Fure_Rakune
Nov 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
I opted to make my Fure a protranser the other night.
I have many options available right now, I can be a fortefighter, a figunner or a protranser.
But I do like my traps so I reckon ill be protranser.
Ill miss my daggers though :<

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:28 PM
No ones said it, but Protranser you have to look at it as a treasure hunter. A high level protranser will be able to solo any rank mission. Traps/Multiple weapons/PM+NPC. ofcourse some level 50's can solo mission now, but a protranser would have it much, much, much easier.

Dedicated protransers that solo will most likely have alot of rares to sell in the future.

But thats not for me, fortefighter axe swinging wild beast blackmarket pirate wins!

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
I am planning to have one as well.

To me, just the lv30 bullets and skills is enough.

Merumeru
Nov 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
XD yah despite the fact I wont have techs, it actually gives me a reason to level my characters up in type level even if we dont have expert classes yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ZiG
Nov 19, 2006, 12:28 AM

Yeah, this is true, except you'd have to go restock your traps after every room. Not very cost effective. You can only hold 10 of each kind of 1-2* trap, and 5 of each 4-5* trap. Not sure if that's going to change, but it's looking pretty grim.

Realmz
Nov 19, 2006, 12:33 AM
according to PSUpedia, Protransers also have a 150% stat modification for Critical Hit Rate. Guntecher and forteGunner have 130%, while the rest only have 100%

some food for thought me thinks

KiteWolfwood
Nov 19, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-11-18 21:28, ZiG wrote:

Yeah, this is true, except you'd have to go restock your traps after every room. Not very cost effective. You can only hold 10 of each kind of 1-2* trap, and 5 of each 4-5* trap. Not sure if that's going to change, but it's looking pretty grim.

Not really. Since protranser have 30 in bullets. You could freeze/confuse with bullets and have traps for emergency situations. 20 freeze, sleep, shock, and confuse traps ain't to shabby either.

I have been thinking of going Protranser though just for the 30 skills and bullets. But there really is not to much info out there on them. Like how much lower are their stats compared to everyone else?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2006-11-18 22:10 ]</font>

Itsuki
Nov 19, 2006, 02:02 AM
I don't think protransers will be able to solo very well. When it all comes down to it, they're just a really low damage hunter with higher level bullets. And by low damage, I mean lower than all ranger classes and all hunter classes. They can use traps, whoopdie do. Have fun wasting your money every room while a fortecher could solo the place easier using less money.

ZiG
Nov 19, 2006, 03:08 AM
The type is centered around Traps. So the concept of using traps "in emergency situations" is just plain dumb. There better be a really nice catch we don't know about yet.

Gazette
Nov 19, 2006, 03:33 AM
From what I've heard, the JP Newman/Human protransers can't even use some of the A-Rank weapons like the Axe due to low ATP levels...

Having access to all the weapons is nice and all, but I mean if you can't access them all just because you're not a Beast, then that kinda puts a damper on my anticipation for this class.

SpishackCola
Nov 19, 2006, 04:18 AM
I'm almost protranser ready on my alt. Just 2 and a half more class levels needed in hunter.