PDA

View Full Version : Best weapon for Hunters?

Ryralane
Nov 18, 2006, 09:08 PM
What is the best weapon for Hunters in your opinion.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 18, 2006, 09:09 PM
all of them.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:09 PM
Twin Rippers, with grinds, with higher than 30% element.

Ryralane
Nov 18, 2006, 09:12 PM
Look who it is. Garnet Moon again ^_^;;

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 09:13 PM
I love spears, but both dagger variants are also fun.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:15 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:12, Ryralane wrote:

Them's fightin' words.

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-18 18:12, Ryralane wrote:

Them's fightin' words.

GUILTY! YOU'RE GUILTY OF BEING GUILTY! GUILTY OF BEING GUILTY OF BEING GUILTY OF... BEING GUILTY OF USING A SOUTHERN ACCENT!

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:17 PM
IMO
normal monsters solo or 1 hunter in party - twin saber type
2+ hunters in party - Twin dagger type or sword type (swords generally work best when theres 3-4 hunters swinging them)
Large multihit location mosters + bosses - spear type

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:24 PM
+4 spears lvl 20 skill over 30% elemental. And please, please use the lock on feature. Its funny watching people PA off into nothingness, but we could really use the dmg they are waisting on w.e monster we are fighting.

Carbinne
Nov 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
I mainly run Fists for stick it and run operations (handy for asplodin' robots) Sabers for popping enemy up, Dual Sabers for why the heck not, Dagger and Twin Daggers for damage, Spears for insane damage. Dagger and Fists also have a nice knockback effect on the second combo you get after getting them to 11.

Swords are fairly bad because they are so slow but their range is nice.

Don't forget the pistols in the offhand.

Merumeru
Nov 18, 2006, 09:27 PM
XD just use what you like, because im sure theres some weapon with some unbalance that makes it better than the others, so you might as well just try everything til u see something you like

SolRiver
Nov 18, 2006, 09:39 PM
I would basically carry only 2 hunter weapon... sword and spear. (why send them flying when you can send them straight to the next world?)

Single focus + large steps
Wide swing + easy control on the size of the steps

While I really hope to see the 2nd PA soon.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 18, 2006, 09:54 PM
Twin daggers are pretty overpowered untill some more pa's come out

I think somethings wrong when dual daggers are chosen over most other weapons for not only AE damage but for single target damage aswell

Genobee
Nov 18, 2006, 10:29 PM
Ummmmm I use them all. You can't say one weapon is better then another because each weapon is diffrent and and can handle situtations better. Like swords are good for many small enemies, Pistol & Saber is better for fast mobile enemies, Halbert is better for large enemies, Daggers and double sabers are better for single medium slow attacking enemies, and Fists are better for medium fast attack enemies.

You have 5 weapon slots so your not confined to any 1 weapon. Personaly I have Light Rivet Gloves, Dark Soda Cailba, Earth Mukrudi, Fire Alseva Drada, Lighting Aldaga Rippa and Ice Durandel & B'duki Oga.I change them when ever I need a type or element.

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2006, 11:19 PM
Any weapon other than a gun, bow, wand, or staff is a good Hunter weapon. But, ALWAYS HAVE A HANDGUN NO MATTER WHAT JOB YOU ARE. When an enemy can fly away, you won't like not being able to contribute any damage until it lands.

Nukei
Nov 18, 2006, 11:25 PM
I would personally say one handed dagger with Buten Shuren-Zan, the PA can be used to both dodge and attack the enemy at the same time ^_^.

DonRoyale
Nov 18, 2006, 11:59 PM
Spears for bigger enemies and bosses.

Double Daggers for everything else.

Make sure you have the proper element, with 30% or higher as Garnet said.

Valius
Nov 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
Wow I feel weird now, all I use is my sword and it's never failed me. But you definately need a handgun for those times when you just can't hit in melee, and if you're equipping a gun there is pretty much no reason not to have a weapon in the other hand.

Realmz
Nov 19, 2006, 12:17 AM
i don't see why people love Renkai Buyou-zan. In my experience it's only hit two mobs at any one time, and when theres more then that around me at most they might cycle to another one should one get out of range.

I'm waiting for Moubu Seiren-zan. the twin version of Buten Shuren-zan.

Black_Fang
Nov 19, 2006, 11:04 PM
Idk. I use a lot of different weapons, but i like the soul eater type weapons, and double sabers, kinda like the yamato. Hey, any idea what kind of gun is best for a HUnewearl thats easy to control and deals a lot of damage?

Pengfishh
Nov 19, 2006, 11:47 PM
Variety is the best weapon.

Vorpal
Nov 19, 2006, 11:53 PM
Spear is my favorite currently, but it might switch when Gravity Strike is released on the Saber.

So yeah, I think Spears are most likely the best weapon. Power of a sword, speed as a single dagger, and able to hit two enemies at a time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-19 20:54 ]</font>