PDA

View Full Version : noticed something recently

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 09:14 PM
ok, i have a 20 beast hunter, not bragging, just stating. now, recently, i made a cast, that will eventually become a Protranser, so i was leveling hunter first. well, i noticed something i haven't seen before. a couple of my MELEE weapons are adding status effects for some reason. to be exact, an ice element 3* yohmei spear adding Silence, and a Lightning element 3* yohmei dagger adding Sleep/Stun(the status effect from the enemies light spells in agata relics on neudaiz).

Has anyone else noticed this? alot of people i've talked to have never noticed their melee weps adding status as well as never noticing it on my aforementioned beast hunter, i'm guessing certain weapon/element combos unlocks a status effect on them.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 09:16 PM
Certain brands of weapons have those special abilities. The Lacanata, or the spear you speak of, has the random chance of causing silence on enemies. The dagger has the stun ability as well. It's just for that level and that brand of course; not all YOHMEI spears and daggers do that.

Randomness
Nov 18, 2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah, Lancanatas can silence, and the Stino-Zashi sleeps.

Kalier
Nov 18, 2006, 09:17 PM
thanks a ton, that's what my original guess was. Nice to know that some melee weps have 'hidden' status effects =)

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:19 PM
It'd be nice if elemental weapons could do status effects to what their element is, but that woulb be so broken it wouldn't be funny... well, I can dream can't I? T_T

BloodDragoon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:20 PM
I think theres a handgun that causes the darkness based virus effect but I'm not 100% sure on it.

Xeraphim
Nov 18, 2006, 09:24 PM
I agree, Garnet. I'd love it. Ha, short and sweet!