PDA

View Full Version : Ranger CC

Candor
Nov 19, 2006, 12:07 AM
So i decided to create a ranger today for fun... it's a lot of fun. Now i have an ice bullet on my shotgun and a lightning one on my rifle. When shocking enemies i noticed that it wears off just after they get to me; however that problem doesn't exist with ice as it well freezes them in place.

Now I've heard that ice breaks after a few hits, which is a problem with hunters around. So ice for solo, shock for groups seems to be a good idea to me(any comments welcome). just a few questions:
1. does shock also prevent casting? if so, what's the point of silence?
2. does ice actually break after a set amount of hits?
3. has anyone playing the japanese version tried light bullets? how good is confusion?

Thanks in advance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-18 21:17 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 19, 2006, 12:09 AM
1) No, it doesn't, it only prevents melee attacks (which is why all us Forces laugh our asses off when we get shocked).
2) Yes, it does - it goes up, however, as your Freeze status level goes up.
3) <not applicable to me>

Candor
Nov 19, 2006, 12:11 AM
thanks remedy

Realmz
Nov 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
i got some light bullets in story mode. Confusion can be fun if you can keep the mobs closer to each other then they are to you (kinda pointless with hunters running around huh?) and it also didn't stay on for very long reguardless

Candor
Nov 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
forgot it would be in story mode (haven't gotten far), so confusion doesn't stop them from attacking team mates, ah well could still be helpful solo

Nani-chan
Nov 19, 2006, 01:12 AM
It's been said in the ranger forum, that in future S rank missions that some monsters will use megid as a PA weapon skill. This is a good instance where shock shines.