PDA

View Full Version : Could this game be any cheaper?

Jabedoben
Nov 19, 2006, 12:11 AM
I almost never complain about games I play. It is my choice to play them.

But man is this game cheap when it comes to certain things. We're talking M. Bison on the highest difficulty cheap.

Spend thousands of meseta on weapons just to have them break when you grind them?

Spend thousands of meseta on gear and item synthesis materials just to have them fail, destroying everything in the process?

Force me to go through the same boring missions every time just to get to one I like?

For every 10 things this game does right, one is done wrong that almost ruins all the good stuff.

The best MMO's make you WANT to grind, not FORCE you to.

I have high hopes for this game, I just hope Sega has the brains and desire to fix what's wrong with it before they move on to adding content. I doubt it will happen though /sigh.

EphekZ
Nov 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
if you couldnt tell already grinding system has changed a lot. This time around you dont grind things to +80 and such. this time even +2 helps a lot. Becuase of this it makes a weapon far greater than it's normal counterpart. unlike PSO, grinding actually does something. So if it increases your weapon by so much. we wouldnt want people to spam grinders. It'd be stupid, so they make it a chance of luck. Another thing is by doing this there's a lot more value on weapons eh?

edit: yay commas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-18 21:20 ]</font>

Jabedoben
Nov 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
well how about instead of causing grinding to break weapons randomly, make the grinders more scarce?

wait, that would make sense =P

Aegias
Nov 19, 2006, 01:18 AM
It would make sense, but you can't always count on companies to make legit mmo's. TBH most mmos made in asia are a tad bit more hardcore than American ones. And don't confuse hardcore with difficult, those are two seperate things. And if you didn't read past the first sentence cause your a pso/sega fanboi, you need not respond. I played original pso back in the day, and Ive played most mmo's to date because my girlfriend loves them, as well as I http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

As for everything breaking and failing, this is segas attempt at making a stable economy, they failed severely in pso, and Im sure they felt they needed to take it up a notch. It was a very big notch, by the time you hit cap you'll have alot of money to carefully plan out grinds, until then play on the safe side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

edit: Heart my run on setences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-11-18 22:19 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Nov 19, 2006, 06:02 PM
I agree, too. They should make online like offline, where damage doesn't suck, meseta is common and bulky, and EXP isn't horrendously hard to get.

Yeah, I'll say it: ONLINE PSU SUCKS.

Because it's true. >>

Tomeeboy
Nov 23, 2006, 01:48 AM
I think you have some pretty valid points... I think the synthing and grinding systems are maybe a bit too 'hardcore'. Rather than losing EVERYTHING when failing an synth or grind, you should really get some of the components back that were used to make the item. It's just plain crazy to dump 70 or 80k meseta into grinding an armor when you have a 50% chance of losing every single component and getting a monomate back in return.

Of my last four synth attempts, one was 5* armor and three were 5* weapons. Everything but one of the weapon synths failed, then the weapon broke trying to grind it from +1 to +2. That's a LOT of wasted time and money.