PDA

View Full Version : [B] Aldaga Cresa - New item?

Metempsychic
Nov 19, 2006, 02:31 AM
One of my party's members picked up a [B] Aldaga Cresa (7*) while doing a Moatoob mission. It's an A-Rank Twin Dagger board for Tenora Works.

I didn't find it in the item database, so I submitted it. It's not on PSUpedia either.

Is this a first find?

(Sadly, the player who got the drop left shortly after I got a screenshot of the board, so I won't be able to get any more info on the item.)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8348/aldagacresaad5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Choja
Nov 19, 2006, 02:38 AM
It's the Tenora Works version of the Crea Weaponry! Great find there, I'd like to take it off your hands if I had some money.

EDIT: I should actually read the topic before posting, shouldn't I?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-18 23:39 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 02:41 AM
I hope beasts can use um!

Metempsychic
Nov 19, 2006, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure it isn't a Crea. It wouldn't make sense, considering that T-Works is the Beast's manufacturer, and the Crea weapons say "Crea" on them.

Also, I found that the Daggers themselves are in the item database, but the board still isn't. And I'm not the actual owner of the board...which is a bummer.

Choja
Nov 19, 2006, 02:47 AM
On 2006-11-18 23:43, Metempsychic wrote:
I'm pretty sure it isn't a Crea. It wouldn't make sense, considering that T-Works is the Beast's manufacturer, and the Crea weapons say "Crea" on them.

Also, I found that the Daggers themselves are in the item database, but the board still isn't. And I'm not the actual owner of the board...which is a bummer.

It does have the same line that the other Crea boards have, "Limited edition." and that's a great assumption there, so it's very likely.

FenixStryk
Nov 19, 2006, 02:48 AM
I'm pretty sure it isn't a Crea. It wouldn't make sense, considering that T-Works is the Beast's manufacturer, and the Crea weapons say "Crea" on them.1) Considering the beast tongue, Cresa sounds a LOT like Crea.
2) Tenora Works doesn't make Twin Daggers?

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 02:53 AM
On 2006-11-18 23:48, FenixStryk wrote:

I'm pretty sure it isn't a Crea. It wouldn't make sense, considering that T-Works is the Beast's manufacturer, and the Crea weapons say "Crea" on them.1) Considering the beast tongue, Cresa sounds a LOT like Crea.

yea they do I have ALdaga Rippa's which are Tenora Rippers

Metempsychic
Nov 19, 2006, 03:09 AM
On 2006-11-18 23:53, Genobee wrote:

All of T-Works's 7* (melee) weapons end in "Cresa", it's the same naming convention as Yohmei uses on certian items, and for armors. First word/part of the name denotes the kind of weapon, second part denotes the star rating.

Twin Crea Daggers already exist, and they're made by GRM. Notice how all the real Crea weapons begin with "Crea" (except the aforementioned daggers), and are only manufactured by Kubara, Yohmei, or GRM. The Soda "Crea" in the item database is a typo; it should be "Soda Cresa". It's a 7* Tenora weapon.

It makes sense.

-Ryuki-
Nov 19, 2006, 03:10 AM
Tenora Weapons aren't even that great, though..

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 03:17 AM
On 2006-11-19 00:10, RyukiZero wrote:
Tenora Weapons aren't even that great, though..

Your kidding right?

BloodDragoon
Nov 19, 2006, 03:26 AM
I'm pretty sure thats a tenora crea weapon, and Cresa is just the suffix used to denote tenora crea weapons where as the first part aldaga denotes them being twin daggers just like soda denotes a tenora longsword. Reason for this is digging around psupedia I found tenora crea weapons listed with the same prefix but the suffix was spelt claissa which is pronounced very similarly to cresa which to me seems to be a typo on the psupedia site after seeing that screenshot.

Turambar
Nov 19, 2006, 03:50 AM
Seeing as how crea weapons are GRM manufactured, cresa would be Tenora and something like crera would be manufactured by Yohmei, each with its respective stat modifiers. Of course, still restricted to Humans and Newmans.

-Ryuki-
Nov 19, 2006, 03:54 AM
I compared the stats on the weapons I use, and the only thing I've noticed, is crap.

Gazette
Nov 19, 2006, 03:56 AM
No one said Crea weapons were overpowered.
What they lack in attack they make up for in their ability to hit more enemies per hit/Photon Art.

Ryogen
Nov 19, 2006, 03:58 AM
On 2006-11-19 00:54, RyukiZero wrote:
I compared the stats on the weapons I use, and the only thing I've noticed, is crap.

Are you sure you can even find crap? lol

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 03:58 AM

Best ATT and Best ACC = crap?

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2006, 05:37 AM
too bad we dont know what dropped this item. but thanks for the submission anyway.

KG
Nov 19, 2006, 05:40 AM
yea my brother found one earlier today too it requires ??? photon X10 kerseline x6 copernia x15 and mot ebon x3

KG
Nov 19, 2006, 05:41 AM
oh and by the way wat drops it are those orc looking creatures and he was in rank B with none of the party with luck it was in kugu dessert i think the name of the mission is dessert of terror

Feelmirath
Nov 19, 2006, 05:54 AM
On 2006-11-19 00:58, Genobee wrote:

Best ATT and Best ACC = crap?

Although some people would beg to differ, I find that the increased ATT and ACC doesn't compensate for the poor amount of PP.

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2006, 05:57 AM
orc looking thing? sorry, i didnt have time to actually play the new quests yet o_O;
any idea on what the ??? photon might be?

KG
Nov 19, 2006, 06:00 AM
oh the question mark photons is actually any photon u want it to be as long as you have 10

Mewn
Nov 19, 2006, 06:03 AM
I believe the Orc things are called Vanda.

KG
Nov 19, 2006, 06:06 AM
yeah you're right i just went and checked for myself they are called vanda

KG
Nov 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.....oh well, better late than never I guess.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/mcflyvii/PSU/Dagger1.jpg

Remedy
Nov 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
Best ATT and Best ACC = crap?No, but worst PP capacity and worst PP regeneration rate = crap, yes.

Thrash777
Nov 19, 2006, 09:53 AM
Jez, one typo, and everyone thinks the world is gonna end!? I think I'm too laid back, I just let all this new rare stuff fly over my head without caring, cos eventually it'll all be well documented and I can just look at a reliable source...

SoujiSeta
Nov 19, 2006, 10:21 AM
When you get your next patch, they won't be the best. You're better off getting 7/8* weapons or grinding B ranked weapons than buying them from people who'll definitely be overcharging the crea weapons because it's the only A ranked weapons they've seen.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Regardless of everything, nice find.

Choja
Nov 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-11-19 02:40, KG wrote:
yea my brother found one earlier today too it requires ??? photon X10 kerseline x6 copernia x15 and mot ebon x3

That, my friend, means it's a Crea. End of questioning. Nothing else uses Copernia like that anyways.

??? Photon means you can use any photon on it, though I don't recommend using an El or Im since that'd be a waste.

I think KG is talking about Bil De Vear, that blue giant that runs over people, or some kind of Vanda. His comments (orc looking things and "B Rank") point to that. Haven't verified trhe Kugu Desert part yet.

PS: Dude, McFly has an obscene amount of Copernia. o.O

mitchm
Nov 19, 2006, 11:48 AM
wish i could use my Daggers of Serafi in online mode that i found in story mode....

Itsuki
Nov 19, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-11-19 00:09, Metempsychic wrote:

On 2006-11-18 23:53, Genobee wrote:

All of T-Works's 7* (melee) weapons end in "Cresa", it's the same naming convention as Yohmei uses on certian items, and for armors. First word/part of the name denotes the kind of weapon, second part denotes the star rating.

Twin Crea Daggers already exist, and they're made by GRM. Notice how all the real Crea weapons begin with "Crea" (except the aforementioned daggers), and are only manufactured by Kubara, Yohmei, or GRM. The Soda "Crea" in the item database is a typo; it should be "Soda Cresa". It's a 7* Tenora weapon.

It makes sense.

People's logic in thise fails them.

- Yes, those are tenora crea twin daggers
- Only Youmei makes 7* and above non-crea twin daggers.
- The only non-crea 7* twin daggers on the japanese servers are "Shintsuki Zashi". Again, made by Youmei.

Lastly, are you sure its Soda Cresa? On the japanese servers you have Arudaga Kuressa (Aldaga Cresa) for the crea daggers, but you have Soda Kurea (Soda Crea) for the crea sword. The single dagger, twin saber, and single saber all follow the Kuressa (Cresa) naming scheme.

EDIT: Japanese sources also say that this is dropped from Vanda in Canyon 1 A and from Gohmon and Vahra in Episode 2 Chapter 2 Act 1 when you are 60+ ("A-rank Story mode" You can't technically choose the rank in story mode, but at level 35+ and 60+ the monster's levels change).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-19 13:13 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 19, 2006, 05:42 PM
On 2006-11-19 05:07, Remedy wrote:

Best ATT and Best ACC = crap?No, but worst PP capacity and worst PP regeneration rate = crap, yes.

Compared to Yohemi? when you do actualy hit some thing it does may be 1 3rd the damage of Tenora, and tenora normal hit do as much damage as a Yohemi's PA.

BloodDragoon
Nov 19, 2006, 06:09 PM
Honestly when you figure in character stats into the equation the % difference in atp/ata isn't as openly noticable where as the max PP and PP regeneration of the weapon isn't effected by character stat/level.

So in the end you're left with a choice of doing a little more damage per hit or using PA's a little more often. GRM would be the comprimise between the two or the mid point in which case you deal with the slightly lower base ATA.

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 19, 2006, 07:31 PM
If it matters at all i found a Creasa Single Saber board from Moatoob also. Infact i'm interested in finding someone to synth it for me. -nod nod-

BloodDragoon
Nov 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
Call me when I finish my striking PM its only lv 50ish atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

verc
Nov 19, 2006, 08:49 PM
The reason why tenora weapons are the best is because I don't care about PP. I carry like 20-30 weapons at any given time... with 3-5 of every element. I still end up running out when using PA left and right, so at some point you are always just swinging the damn sword.

At THAT point, might as well have the one w/ the most regular ATP.

Wrenlocke
Nov 19, 2006, 08:56 PM
oh hurrah... more. hunter. crap.

anybody else feel left out on the item drops?

BloodDragoon
Nov 19, 2006, 08:57 PM
I usually carry 1 full palette of weapons + maybe 1-2 backups and thats a big maybe. More rares for me when your inventory maxes out before the end of block 1. ;3

I mostly use GRM weapons as a hunter and Yohmei guns/wands. Then again I'm a cast to a little less base ata on the GRM weapon isn't going to effect me much.

I guess part of it is what brand is best is a matter of opinion and those opinions are made by play styles. Mine is more conservative than most people when I'm playing seriously and not screwing around. Did Agata Relics B earlier with a single dark calibur...

hucast21
Nov 19, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-11-19 07:47, Choja wrote:

On 2006-11-19 02:40, KG wrote:

That, my friend, means it's a Crea. End of questioning. Nothing else uses Copernia like that anyways.

??? Photon means you can use any photon on it, though I don't recommend using an El or Im since that'd be a waste.

I think KG is talking about Bil De Vear, that blue giant that runs over people, or some kind of Vanda. His comments (orc looking things and "B Rank") point to that. Haven't verified trhe Kugu Desert part yet.

PS: Dude, McFly has an obscene amount of Copernia. o.O

Not really. I buy Copernia for 2k a pop from player shops who don't know how to price value their rares.

I've seen players sell Kerseline for 800 meseta. o.O