PDA

View Full Version : Bank accounts - Woah

Metempsychic
Nov 19, 2006, 02:59 AM
Over on the official forums for PSU, theres a couple threads of people boasting about how much meseta they have...

Theres people saying they have 500k-1mil or more, which to me sounds rediculous. I'm level 36, and I have 200k; I've also been extremely stingy. I also haven't made any meseta selling anything I've synthed.

Are these people flat out lying or are these amounts reasonable? I guess that it's possible; I've seen a level 100 TECH PM, and some other rather high level ones. It's just rather disheartening to think of how hard it was to make the 200k I have (which is the most out of anyone I know), and people are blowing that out of the water....Rather easily.

Husker_Freak
Nov 19, 2006, 03:07 AM
Had I not spent about 650k on my pure TECH PM so far I could see having that much money easily.

Franz
Nov 19, 2006, 03:34 AM
I wouldn;t worry about it , it's one thing to have crazy credit but do they have the gear + skill to back up there wallet ego?

(i would assume so since they could just buy it -walks out of topic-)

BloodDragoon
Nov 19, 2006, 03:41 AM
I'm assuming either they are lying or they got extremely lucky overcharging stuff in their shops...

Or they have no life and solo farmed THAT much... >.>

Gazette
Nov 19, 2006, 03:44 AM
I am not thrifty in any sense of the word...
But I've managed to retain up to 200k at certain points, only to drop it all on synths.

Kuea
Nov 19, 2006, 03:58 AM
it's very possible depending on how you play and how you make it >_>

I can do 1 sleeping warrior C run in 30 minutes give or take and each run gets me 2000 exp and 2000 meseta (a rough average ) so in 2 runs, 1 hour I can make 4k. now don't forget there are people that play this game for MANY hours at a time farming, let's say 18 hours a day doing this run, that's 72k they would have >_> now this is NOT inculding what they would make if they ran a store as well or just sold every item they found. now if they did this for 5 days that's like 300+k <.<;

and I know this because I know someone who has done this :< he stayed at it for a week and after he made so much money... it was gone so damn fast... XD

alot of people lie about this, but it is COMPLETLY possible. now if you'll excuse me... doing the math on this made me wanna spend 5 hours doing sleeping warrior runs...

Ryogen
Nov 19, 2006, 03:59 AM
I don't really care. As long as I got money, I'm cool.

Ras
Nov 19, 2006, 03:59 AM
A million meseta is definitely reasonable for level 50 people that have been playing hardcore since the game came out. I estimated about 10k meseta/hour around level 30 from mission rewards and selling common drops; I imagine you could do a lot better at 50. Add in synthing profits and wise investing and a million meseta isn't ridiculous.

I'd be less worried about the filthy rich players and more worried about all the level 50s using 4* nonelemental ungrinded weapons. -_-

Pivotal
Nov 19, 2006, 04:17 AM
there are better levels for farming now. you can make ungodly amounts of money just running neudaiz relics c and redrum c

-Shimarisu-
Nov 19, 2006, 04:27 AM
Beh I've easily had 2 mil or more.

Spent it keeping myself and a friend in good equips and PMs.

I have about 200K now, which is a nice amount to put aside for the next update.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-19 01:31 ]</font>

Lastat27
Nov 19, 2006, 04:38 AM
*Note: This post is in no way bragging about the meseta I've earned and spent in my days playing PSU. Furthermore, I am only going to show that it is possible to have this much meseta.*

To start I'll just quote a post of mine from a week ago that talks about how much I made on Relic's C as I solo'd from level 30-50:

Meseta. Meseta? Meseta! Crazy. Before I hit level 40 I bought and upgraded: Vullseye(5)x3, Stinger(5)x2, Beatgun(5)x2, and a Shigga Wadda. As I approached level 50 I bought a Teroline armor for 200k and pretty much purchased everything my Ranger needs until the upcoming content update.

Not to mention the meseta I've blown for zero return. If you don't make stupid mistakes like I did you'll be in an even better meseta situation:

-I've broken four Vullseyes along the way.
-I failed my first three Gigaline synths.
-I wasted at least 200,000 meseta on trying to synth a Midiline only to find out Teroline is far superior.
-I wasted over 100,000 meseta decorating my room, which includes a De Ragan Figurine + various decor
-And so many other little things like changing my appearance multiple times.

[Edited slightly for looks]

It is very possible to make 100k in a day. For me I solo'd Relic's C while leveling my PM's combat level. I synthed every six Nanocarbon into a Megaline that sells instantly for 16,500, and every eight Nanosilica into a Stellaline for 2,500. Now the markets on these two items are dropping fast as players no longer need these two armors. However, if I did do this non-stop for days I could easily have 1 million meseta.

After this Moatoob update, the only new item for me to buy was a new Shigga Amza +5, still leaving me with 250,000 meseta. It'll be pretty easy to just slack off doing A rank missions and have 500,000 before the next update comes out.

You don't really realize how much meseta you rack up doing A Rank missions after awhile. Today alone I got two Burzaihoh drops that I sold for 12k each plus 30k from mission rewards and meseta drops. A quick Holy Ground A mission gives you a little over 2k for S Rank, and the rather long flying boss in Moatoob gives over 4k for an S rank.

I do believe these people have 1 million+ meseta. They have just played twice as much as you have. I myself am a hardcore gamer and have clocked in 220 hours of solid gameplay. This isn't including the 30-40 hours it took me to recreate new CAST's, and feed my Partner Machine the starting armor parts they have equipped.

I'm sure that many players will find that they have nothing more they need to spend there meseta on as we near the next, and much needed, PSU update. And the smart player's (unlike me), won't blow it on De Ragan figurines, Vilogis CAST parts, and cosmetic changes.

AnamanaAU
Nov 19, 2006, 06:50 AM
It's easy as hell to make money in the 40s.

AkiraXxx
Nov 19, 2006, 09:26 AM
Maotob missions ranking S on the boss gives you 4850 meseta right? That on top of the dozens of monsters that drop 800 meseta, and 200-400 meseta, ALONG with the items that drop. Doing maotob with a good team getting S ranks youll probably hit close to 500k in 1 day if you do non stop runs. So money is really easy to get now.

SoiFong
Nov 19, 2006, 09:49 AM
Meseta tho harder to aquire, can be farmed pretty quickly. I know this now after being shown the ropes of farming for cash. The thing is PSU was very very very sneaky in how they handle thier currency. Its something I wish other online games with a currency system would do. They put in a TON of money eaters.

In most online games there are hardly any places for the cash to be "destroyed" just horded and traded, so you have millions and millions floating around which jacks up the prices of homemade or farmed goods. Or it just flat out depereciates the value of the currency so it means snot(PSO currency was like that). But theres the trick.. there is so much to buy! And you have to keep buying, be it meds, synthing, synth boards, PP restore cubes, whatever. Notice how everything COSTS you meseta. They even appeal to customer vanity with the make over shops and clothing shops. These shops dont benefit you per se, but people are willing to blow THOUSANDS to just look unique or cool.

Anyway ... getting to my point. Yes there are people with 1mil+ out there but that does not mean as much as you may think. Not like it does to a horibbly inflated economy like FFXI *cough cough*. It disappears fast with the way PSUs economy-system and game mechanics work. It very much IS "easy come, easy go." ... You just have to work hard at it... Weither you are going to be a "treasure hunter" or a "shop owner" or somewhere in between, you just got to get into the habit of seperating your goals.

Its much easier to concentrate on leveling, farming, and rare item hunting in seperate chunks than all together. Which is where i think alot of people who are broke, are trying to figure out where everyone is getting all this cash from, and get confused.

If I want to make money .. I create a mission for that reason, not to beat a boss, or get S rank (tho it helps alot), or farm a rare. Im going in there with the mind set I want to make cash, I dont try to do it all at once. Farm it up, sell it off; wash, rinse, repeat. Looking at my wardrobe now and my weapons I have a liquidated value of around 1.5 million and it is still growing. My shop (when i put time into it) grosses around 13k on a bad day, and around 100k on a good one. When you focus on one goal it is easier to achieve them. At least that is how I was coached in this game, and it is working for me so far.

Anyway .. at this point and am babbling now.. I hope this means something to someone ::laugh:: cause I lost my train of thought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoiFong on 2006-11-19 06:52 ]</font>

Lyrise
Nov 19, 2006, 11:25 AM
Don't worry for all of you who think people might have a little too much meseta on their hands. When you get the updates with the hi-classes, you'll find that all of a sudden you won't have so much money to work with anymore.

For example, 7 star and 8 star weapon boards cost 70k and 110k respectively. 6 star armors (NPC) will cost you 95k, 7 star armor costs 210k. 8 star armor boards cost 110k too. The materials for these aren't cheap either, and the success rates of all these items are obviously lower than the 5 stars you're all used to, so expect a load of fails on your side. Just this alone will regulate your economy.

Best way to put it is, for the most part, you can still save a ton of money, but it's certainly going to take even longer if you want to be rich AND have cutting edge equipment.

Dhylec
Nov 19, 2006, 12:40 PM
Hm, I guess I spent too much on casting weapons, that's why I'm constantly.. broke. ;D

ChibiMyu
Nov 19, 2006, 12:45 PM
It's possible to make a million meseta in this game. It's also possible to lie that you have it and you don't.

Besides killing stuff, you can play the market. Playing the market requires a different type of strategy, but it can be very effective. For example, when the new missions came out, the first thing I did was craft Tenora weapons. The market is flooding now, but it made a quick buck while it lasted.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 19, 2006, 12:55 PM
Very possible to have a million on this game, I'm attempting to aquire that before the next update so I can fully equip myself with the proper stared weaps ^_^; (That's a lot of weaps... a lot of meseta and a lot of it I'm going to be saying good bye to >>).

The market is the easiest way to make loads of cash, find the certain sweet spots and tendancies of people and BAM you're one rich bugger.

Kanore
Nov 19, 2006, 04:10 PM
I hit 50 a week ago and never topped 60k, and never hit 50k at a single time. I blew 20k a day to work on my TECH/Strike PM and all last week after I hit 50 I barely played and never made up for lost money. My PM hasn't even hit 50 yet.

Randomness
Nov 19, 2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I blow a lot of money raising my PM. I could just grind through missions for cash, but wheres the fun in that?

Cameroon1027
Nov 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
eh, i made about 400k, and your right about the cutting edge weapon. i made a megid-jeetsin.

Minswune
Nov 19, 2006, 05:11 PM
Make an armor PM (free if you remake cast char), and mass farm 5/6 star armor boards, and mats for them, each one goes for like 100k~ish if not more, great money maker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 19, 2006, 05:15 PM
I have around 400k at the moment, but I need to upgrade my weapons and armor. I don't synth items at all really, it's all a result of farming and rewards.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 19, 2006, 08:40 PM
People wont be rich for to long after They start getting A/S ranks =P

hucast21
Nov 19, 2006, 08:52 PM
I have 280k meseta right now. I spent nearly 200k on opening a shop, clothes, 5* weapons boards, high-level grinders, and misc stuff alone.

It's easy to make 10k per hour if you're level 40+. Just solo Relics B twice and you'll have it.

Ravennittes
Nov 19, 2006, 08:55 PM
Soi-Fong, you are, yet again, right. I've seen the things I've bought depreciate considerably as more and more flood the market. Lets take the items of which I have five of at the moment and see how they've done thus far. In the beginning of the game, Hajirods were coveted for being strong, having alot of PP, the whole deal. Anyways, from what I've heard and seen first hand, they starter going for anywhere between 25k and 50k. As of now, they are going for about 14k each (unground). There are so many money sinks in this game that take out meseta left and right. Synthing percentages, PP cubes (I'm a big victem of this, being a force and all), healing items, clothing, home items, and grinding among other things (at least loosing all your meseta doesn't exist any more, seeing how hard money is to get now).

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
I have 100k now and some decent equip, i say thats pretty good for someone who doesnt play 24/7

Uncle_Pobatti
Nov 19, 2006, 10:45 PM
I got 3.6 million on one character and about 2.5 million on Ethan - bearing in mind that this is all offline (where I hear that meseta is far easier to come by), but I've only been playing for about 2 weeks.

I haven't experienced online mode yet, but I would assume that even if meseta is quite a bit harder to come by some folks might have made this amount of cash by playing all day every day, soloing alot and selling stuff they find to other people.

It really depends on how many hidden costs there are in online mode, because right now all I ever really pay for are PP refils and the -very- occasional weapon, grinder or PA. I can imagine it would be far more important online than it is offline to upgrade weapons & armour and buy healing items than so that could be why so many folks have little money.

I also find clothes to be a particular waste of money unless you're really, truly fed up with the clothes you put on your character when you made him/her - a real pity they don't seem to give stat boosts for the price you pay for them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 19, 2006, 10:48 PM
offline has notthing to do with online... I haveabout 150k just waiting for an A rank and I have 5 5star Weps equiped and a Lv 100 pm. Ive probly spend 2 mil Al together tho... I often waste money on dumb things ...

VelosofLight
Nov 19, 2006, 11:03 PM
I have about 25k right now, but in my 120 hours of playtime, I'd say I've made about 300k. I just spent it on armor, mates, materials, weapons, photon arts, and so forth...

Uncle_Pobatti
Nov 19, 2006, 11:13 PM
No it doesn't, but the point I was trying to make was that I got so much money in 2 weeks of occasional offline play and haven't needed to fall victim to the majority of money sinks this game has.

Once the 27th comes and we Europeans are allowed to create accounts, I'll probably be online all day every day if only to get my money's worth - I'm pretty sure I ought to be able to at least equal about the same amount of meseta a day if I'm on for 18 hour sessions (like I used to enjoy with Blue Burst), that I have been making in 4 or 5 hour sessions a day so far offline.

Like the posters above have mentioned, people who have all the time in the world and no other commitments (such as me) would probably find it easy to obtain such large amounts of cash since the game is really geared towards the majority of folks who have school or work to attend.

I made it up to around level 50 just soloing the two linear line missions, only paying about 20 meseta after each run to refil my sword's PP and banking the rest - only using the healing items I found along the way and never really spending large sums. I'm sure this strategy should also apply online, since it's the actual strategy that's important not the individual sums of meseta involved.

Find a way to profit, no matter how large or small the profit you make, if repeated it all adds up and those who do more runs and do them faster will have profit rolling in quicker...

But as someone said earlier, where's the fun in that really? I personally would do hundreds of runs a day for the purposes of levelling or finding a specific rare - and not really think about the meseta much but it all adds up nontheless if you don't spend it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
Now that we have Holy Shrine B/A your meseta woes should vanish. Sit at your game and play those stages for a few hours. Takes about 20 minutes to do Holy Shrine A and it gives you 2,000 meseta. Not including any rare drops, or 900+ meseta drops from the bigger mobs. It's easy money that is literally being thrown at you.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 20, 2006, 02:07 AM
No, You still wont be able to make that much money pobatti.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 02:11 AM
Wait for the europeans to get their release. Everyone and their grandma will be price gouging, so that'll just add to the current income.

Ethics aside, that might make for some hilarious emo rants across the internet.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 02:44 AM
lvl 44 farm constantly and lots of solo runs and I just barly break 100k... and this is with some lucky finds that went for alot in my shop... I dunno how they do it eather.

My shop is sold out of all the good stuff, I just have regular stuff now that wont really sell.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-11-19 23:44, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
lvl 44 farm constantly and lots of solo runs and I just barly break 100k... and this is with some lucky finds that went for alot in my shop... I dunno how they do it eather.

My shop is sold out of all the good stuff, I just have regular stuff now that wont really sell.

Some of these guys with tons and tons of meseta are the people who where the first to get ahold of the Crea-line boards. Selling those for 150k+ would make anybody rich. I get like one Twin Crea Saber board for every 10(not always) De Ragan A runs I solo. It'd be nice if it still sold for that much, but i'll have to settle for 30k. >.>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 03:30 AM
I have the Crea twin saber yomehi board its costing me 60kish in mats for it as I am making it.

how much will the weapon sell for? I swear they only go for 75k... 15k profit isnt much, and thats if it doesnt fail.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 03:32 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:30, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
I have the Crea twin saber yomehi board its costing me 60kish in mats for it as I am making it.

how much will the weapon sell for? I swear they only go for 75k... 15k profit isnt much, and thats if it doesnt fail.

Well, this boils down to how much profit you really want. You can "farm" Copernia from De Ragan C/B/A runs... but the drop is so rare it'll take a while to get 15. That price isn't an overprice. It's a sane price. Though I wish it were cheaper... i've broken 9 Twin Crea Saber boards. And those damned things have a 94% Success Rate. .v.

The boards go for 30k to 60k, from what i've seen in shops. I've seen some for 100k, but but those have been there for a week. Unless they keep getting restocked. Who knows?

The weapons themselves? Again, who knows? I've only ever seen them listed at the max value. I assume it's bragging rights, or as a place holder so it doesn't sell, and they can keep it off their character for when they can equip it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-20 00:35 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 20, 2006, 03:36 AM
Soloing the new relics on A is turning out to be a huge profit margin for me. But then again, I hate playing that many hours a day. For some reason its really easy, i expected it to be a bit harder. Im only 46, but I have about 10 5* weapons I always bring with me so its pretty easy. I dont get many rare drops though at all, but I always get lucky and get 1000 meseta drops from the big monsters. And btw, those stupid ass flying monsters in there should NOT have that much hp. ridiculous.

ProfessorZ
Nov 20, 2006, 03:37 AM
I was scouting for a party member on the 360 and this level 34 had 650,000

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 03:39 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:37, ProfessorZ wrote:
I was scouting for a party member on the 360 and this level 34 had 650,000

Probably a second character, or a very addicted salesman.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 04:12 AM
yeah those flying guys have more hp than the "bosses" at the end, spaming diga on one with a wand can eat up almost my entire wand before it dies.

I would solo C rank or B rank it may prove better. No 5* weps but the money drops will be close on B and you still get 1850 gold for the S rank and monsters have alot less HP.

C rank will have less for the money and crap for loot but with how fast you kill it adds up fast, not sure of the reward in meseta I have to try it later and see if it works good.

Zabot
Nov 20, 2006, 08:46 AM
i have a lvl 50 friend and he has way over a mil, i had like 350k, but i spent it all lol, made some nice weapons, and armor.

Magician
Nov 20, 2006, 09:00 AM
Not difficult to believe. I've spent 100k+ on my PM, 100k on room decor, 200k on synth material, and have close to 80k in reserved meseta that stashed to put towards 7* armor.

Business is good when you sell at 25% of the NPC store.