PDA

View Full Version : Universe 17 UnOfficial PSO-World RP Server?

Lashiens
Nov 19, 2006, 04:56 AM
I seem to have found (scattered roughly about) that folks are considering making Universe 17, at least on ps2 and pc, anyway, the "UnOfficial" rp server of Pso-world.

What's the stance on this? Any mod available to comment? I had heard a thing or two, here or there about another mod mentioning, but have found nothing else since.

Ether
Nov 19, 2006, 05:00 AM
15 is already empty enough

Lashiens
Nov 19, 2006, 05:06 AM
Non-roleplayers players tend to migrate to where there's more population. Fact of life.

Roleplayers tend to go where other roleplayers are. Also fact of life. I just want to make sure everyone is going to get herded into the right place.

Coincidentally enough, Facts of Life was a delightfully charming 80's tv show. See? Learn something new everyday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lashiens on 2006-11-19 02:11 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2006, 05:25 AM
if you want that universe, just claim it *shrugs*

Nika
Nov 19, 2006, 07:27 AM
what is the word roleplayer mean?

SoiFong
Nov 19, 2006, 07:40 AM
If you want to claim it, organize it and promote it as the RPG universe.. do so.. you dont need the mods permission for that. If you are trying to get the mods to promote it or endorse it.. you got another thing coming. U15 right now is PSOW country, who do you think they are going to want to promote first, a community as a whole or a niche group within the community? Besides U15 barely reaches a 2star population anyway. Dont get me wrong, Im a roleplayer myself but this question seemed like a set up to me, packaged in the form of a "hey mods what have you heard" or "I just wanted to know" question. You already answered the question yourself by doing the research, thats commendable ... however again, that just seemed sneaky to me, Bravo for the mods not biting.

(or ill give you the benefit of the doubt that I just woke up and I am cranky.. so I MAY be putting words in between the lines here.)

Anyway ... Push for it.. I wish you luck.. I might even join in. However dont expect a banner to be posted anytime soon saying U17 is the offical Roleplaying server. You gotta do that part yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoiFong on 2006-11-19 05:03 ]</font>

Miyoko
Nov 19, 2006, 08:09 AM
I thought it was already established Uni17 was going to be the roleplay server... Heck, that's why I loiter around that universe >_>

Lashiens
Nov 19, 2006, 08:14 AM
On 2006-11-19 05:09, Miyoko wrote:
I thought it was already established Uni17 was going to be the roleplay server... Heck, that's why I loiter around that universe >_>

That's what I "heard" as well, and I was just asking a question if this was established fact, or just rumor. As in, I "heard" that this was something that was supposed to be endorsed by PSOW, and a roleplay board was going to be set up for it. I was trying to clear up a rumor.

And SoiFong, I'll give YOU the benefit of being drowsy still. O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lashiens on 2006-11-19 05:14 ]</font>

Nika
Nov 19, 2006, 08:59 PM
Sorry for a noob question, but anyone can explain about "roleplayer"?
(I think it is RP from RPG) ,but what it do in online game? and in universe 17?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-11-19 17:59 ]</font>

Merumeru
Nov 19, 2006, 09:03 PM
XD just point to me where to go and ill go, 15 or 17

Ravennittes
Nov 19, 2006, 09:03 PM
You pretend to be something your not ingame. Anyways, I play on 360 servers 1 and 2 most of the time just because there re alot of players there and I can have fun in parties doing things that are a challenge. Roleplaying gets old after a while to me I guess.

Kanore
Nov 19, 2006, 09:05 PM
In before people force RP orgies.

Emrald
Nov 19, 2006, 09:23 PM
I shall claim universe 17 as RP universe so we can end this topic! Sticky?

Pentence
Nov 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
OK heres the deal there are a total of 3 groups includeing one im in that use uni 17 to rp so ifyou want to rp go there.Also my group does alot of rp in 15 since fact is there are some people who dont know about 17 yet so we let them know.Now if you want to plan get togethers and all that then join the forum in my signature.

there ya go all rpers are welcome BTW my group so far is the only one to do BOTH ps2/pc servers AND 360.

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm in my own RP group. I haven't joined anyone's, nor do I plan to. I will, however, RP with you guys/those groups, but I won't join. Sounds good?

By the way.. Lash, you make too many RP threads XD

GeoHolyhart
Nov 20, 2006, 11:40 PM
Yes, Lash, don't mean to sound mean in anyway, but you don't want the PSOW community getting mad with roleplayers spamming there boards. Just keep one alive for the longest you can.

I agree with you Ryuki. I don't see any "need" to join another person's group though it is fine (I have), but all the roleplayers should unite instead of running around in small groups accomplishing little.

Rhedrimond
Nov 20, 2006, 11:56 PM
*nods* In all reality, it does not matter at all if PSO-W declares an RP server or not. The point is that RPers are generally heading to Universe 17 now, so that's probably the best place to go if you want to find roleplay.

Groups do not really matter, though they can be fun. Everyone seems willing enough to RP with everyone else, and that's great. If you do have a group, the important thing is to remember to not try to and make everyone else fit into your story... PSU already has one, and it's damn well open enough for everyone to have fun. n_n

Tuxedose
Nov 21, 2006, 04:18 AM
I will join you all in Universe 17 when the game is released in EU this thursday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I can bareley wait!!. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zato-2TWO
Nov 21, 2006, 04:38 AM
Well, as far as I've been doing it, I just tag all my runs with "RPers only!" or "RPers wanted!" and see what turns out. Sometimes I get some, sometimes I don't, but it gets the job done more or less.

Although of Universe 17 DOES start getting populated, I might migrate. Who knows? =P

daylight129
Nov 21, 2006, 05:02 AM
Even with Universe 15 claimed as the psow Universe it doesn't change much. Everybody still wades around in the muck of Uni 1 because it has the most people at any given time to catch a party with. Most anyone on this board can admit to that.

Tomeeboy
Nov 21, 2006, 08:44 AM
On 2006-11-19 02:00, Ether wrote:

In comparison with all but two of the other universes (usually 1 and 2), I'd say it's really not THAT empty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif The PSOW server is usually the 3rd most populated.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 21, 2006, 08:58 AM
On 2006-11-21 05:44, Tomeeboy wrote:

On 2006-11-19 02:00, Ether wrote:

In comparison with all but two of the other universes (usually 1 and 2), I'd say it's really not THAT empty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif The PSOW server is usually the 3rd most populated.

Bingo on the mark. I'm always in 15, haven't been to 1 or 2 since I started the game. I always find parties fine in Uni 15.

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 10:20 AM
Thursday, everywhere's closed. They're releasing a game on a major holiday?

Po-Fu
Nov 21, 2006, 10:29 AM
Thanksgiving isn't in EU =P

And I somtimes run around on Uni 15, or 17, but noone wants to RP with me. >_>; So when I play on Uni 1&2, I have to use witty macros to gain the ATTENTION of the party. Just ask anyone who's partied with me. I got some crazy macros.

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
I'd party with you, if I was of your level. Due to "rebirth", that isn't possible.

Zabot
Nov 21, 2006, 10:36 AM
omg listen just go to this website, pent and i came up with the idea and he organized the date into a web page here guys have fun!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://psurp.s4.bizhat.com/index.php?sid=fb0888d57084cc5b93a89c2fb1942444&mforum=psurp

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 10:53 AM
Okay, well, he DID post it in this thread, but then also made a new one.

-Shrugs.- Whatever works, I guess. Get your word across XD.

NightStorm
Nov 21, 2006, 11:22 AM
Sounds good to me, I try to RP when I can and I promote it within my guild. Maybe we will try to hang on 17 more often. If you see a Tyrannus around feel free to say Hi!

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 11:24 AM
If you ever see ME around, don't be hesitant in saying hi. I'm human too, you know XD

In fact, I might go to Uni 17 right now, but I'm trying to cap lvl 20. I have 1 1/2 hours to burn, and I'm currently lvl 17. Is it possible to get that lvl in that amount of time?

Zato-2TWO
Nov 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
Wow! Now that I see there's QUITE a bit of RPers out there, I think I'll start tagging "RPers only!" tags on Uni 15, maybe I can meet some of you guys!

Then once the run's over we can go hang out at the cafe in Parum or the bar in Moatoob, or the parks in Neudaiz no one hangs out at! =O

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
Uni 15 is the PSOW server. Uni 17 is the RP server. Do not get them mixed up, please.

Po-Fu
Nov 21, 2006, 12:14 PM
What runs are you doing to get the EXP Ryuki? IT's possible depending on the run and how fast your group can do it.

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
Dragon Runs. 1 1/2 hours 'til work. They called me in again and told me a different schedule, so.. I only have about an hour to get to 20, which won't be possible.

Po-Fu
Nov 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
>_< Moatoob is good for EXP, if you have a good party to fight the monsters there. I went from 47+2/3-49 doing A ranks in roughly two hours, I think. But got into a great party there.

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2006, 12:53 PM
It's hard to get a great party that doesn't break/leave/is rude/etc. That's, just my experience.

mariwan
Dec 7, 2006, 04:52 PM
Sad...No one checks out this site?

http://psurp.s4.bizhat.com/

So much for roleplaying....*sigh* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ronzeru
Dec 7, 2006, 05:19 PM
bah where is our RP server on the 360. and mariwan, that artist that did those darkstalker cosplay pics in your siggy is the shit. one of my favorite <3

-Ryuki-
Dec 8, 2006, 02:06 AM
No, joining that site would be affiliating with them. RPers should band together, but shouldn't be limited to "groups". Get it?