PDA

View Full Version : Few questions relating to PS2 PSU

Blade_1
Nov 19, 2006, 05:49 AM
I'll keep it short 2/3 questions, thanks.

1. Is saved data tied to a particular console ( I recall something like that in the GC? )

I will play on the PS2 at home (on and offline) and at Uni. (offline only) So will I be able to use the same character on both consoles?

2.Also can you build character up offline then use online or is it like card game where they are seperated?

3. Also is the PS2 internet ready? Will I just need an Ethernet cable? (I need to buy a PS2 for home just for PSU lol)

Many thanks, I played PSO ep 1 and 2 again last night after year or two off! So much fun don't think I'll ever reach lv 200 though ... 3 levels left and just gone over the 900 hour mark lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Been out of the loop for awhile so don't know what's going on!

Dan.

Collar
Nov 19, 2006, 06:24 AM
"Hey. To answer your first question - PS2 and PC online character saves are server-side and compliant with either system. You can play your online character on either one. The XBox 360, however, is seperate.

The answer to your second question is, unfortunately, no. It is seperate much in the same way as PSO EpIII. However, there is an 'Extra Mode' that you can unlock once you beat Chapter 4 in the Story Mode, which immitates, to some extent, the online content without actually being online.

And, to your third question, you have two answers - yes, and no. If you have the slim PS2, then yes. If you have the clunky, older one, then no. You'll have to by an expansion port that allows for an ethernet cable to connect.

So, all in all -

Online characters - PS2 / PC = Can play on either online with the same account, however, online characters are seperate from Extra Mode, and Story Mode, which are saved locally. Xbox 360 = seperate from PS2 / PC with online, while Extra Mode, and Story Mode are saved locally, and seperately.

Hope this helps!